d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Sup Doodz > Gaining Weight
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 8 2017 10:02am
Quote (Delbow @ 8 Sep 2017 10:16)
That's not including dinner?! Lmao that's insane!!! Hopefully I'll fine tune some things (food-wise) this weekend because I've just been eating a lot randomly throughout the day. I definitely need to get healthier snacks to keep around instead of doritos and queso everyday lmao. I weighed 149 this morning :fume:

It only seems insane until you do it ;) It just depends on how much weight you need to gain over how much time. What you learn in diet and fitness is that numbers don't lie. Numbers aren't everything but they give you an accurate picture. Weight gain is simple math and to gain a lot of weight in a short period of time, it takes a lot of calories. An app like myfitnesspal can show you exactly what's needed to get there :)

Getting any "big" goal done is about the little things you do each day and how much self-discipline you can put into it. It sounds stupid but eating like a pig takes self-discipline if you're busy and active.
Gold: 380.01
Sep 8 2017 12:14pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Sep 8 2017 12:02pm)
It only seems insane until you do it ;) It just depends on how much weight you need to gain over how much time. What you learn in diet and fitness is that numbers don't lie. Numbers aren't everything but they give you an accurate picture. Weight gain is simple math and to gain a lot of weight in a short period of time, it takes a lot of calories. An app like myfitnesspal can show you exactly what's needed to get there :)

Getting any "big" goal done is about the little things you do each day and how much self-discipline you can put into it. It sounds stupid but eating like a pig takes self-discipline if you're busy and active.

Dude you aren't lying! It's hard to make time to just... eat! lmao and then if you factor in the time for preparing the meals, cleaning dishes, etc. It definitely takes a lot of discipline

PS Who made that Banksy sig for ya?

This post was edited by Delbow on Sep 8 2017 12:17pm
Gold: 40.01
Sep 8 2017 06:06pm
this thread is a bit to positive for my liking and I'd like someone to come in and drop some fuckery

On topic: Imo 25lbs in 4 months of lean muscle natty isn't happening unless you're just hitting puberty. Grats on competeing chick. Is she crazy? Eat everything in sight. 25lbs is going to come with some fat and you will definitely look better depending on how lean you are, especially with a shirt on.
Retired Moderator
Sep 8 2017 06:30pm
Quote (Delbow @ 8 Sep 2017 14:14)
Dude you aren't lying! It's hard to make time to just... eat! lmao and then if you factor in the time for preparing the meals, cleaning dishes, etc. It definitely takes a lot of discipline

PS Who made that Banksy sig for ya?

tbh I forget who made the sig :blush: I've had it for a while. I kept the name & link in Opera Notes but my PC fried and lost my notes :(

And yes, discipline is the key. ug_warrior(xtc) makes a good point that weight gain (potential) is accelerated during puberty. It doesn't need to be at the start, though. It's hormonal. That being said, you CAN gain a lot of weight naturally over a relatively short period of time, it's just extremely hard to do. And it's almost impossible to do it and end up leaner, unless you overshoot on gains and then rip down, in which case your net loss will bring you closer to your starting point than you might like. Over longer periods, you can bulk and then lose fat with better results.
Sep 11 2017 05:57am
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ Sep 8 2017 08:06pm)
this thread is a bit to positive for my liking and I'd like someone to come in and drop some fuckery

On topic: Imo 25lbs in 4 months of lean muscle natty isn't happening unless you're just hitting puberty. Grats on competeing chick. Is she crazy? Eat everything in sight. 25lbs is going to come with some fat and you will definitely look better depending on how lean you are, especially with a shirt on.

She's not crazy! Things have been a bit off with her though since one of her friends just killed herself two weeks ago. I've been through so many deaths and suicides of friends and family and deal with it much better than she has.

I'd like to think that I look decent with my shirt off but once I put a shirt on I think I look repulsive lol.

Quote (RewtheBrave @ Sep 8 2017 08:30pm)
tbh I forget who made the sig :blush: I've had it for a while. I kept the name & link in Opera Notes but my PC fried and lost my notes :(

And yes, discipline is the key. ug_warrior(xtc) makes a good point that weight gain (potential) is accelerated during puberty. It doesn't need to be at the start, though. It's hormonal. That being said, you CAN gain a lot of weight naturally over a relatively short period of time, it's just extremely hard to do. And it's almost impossible to do it and end up leaner, unless you overshoot on gains and then rip down, in which case your net loss will bring you closer to your starting point than you might like. Over longer periods, you can bulk and then lose fat with better results.

I don't have any plans on ever doing a huge cut phase. If I can gain the weight that I want to I'll probably just try to maintain that weight while becoming leaner at the same time. Idk how that'll go but that's the plan lol!

I ate a steak and two giant bowls of frosted mini wheats before bed last night... I woke up feeling like shit lol! Slight burn/weird cramping feeling from my stomach to my throat. Is this acid reflux?!
Gold: 770.00
Sep 11 2017 06:15am
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ Sep 8 2017 04:06pm)

Sorry my dude I copped a 5 day ban. I'll post some fuckery soon
Sep 11 2017 06:42am
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Sep 11 2017 08:15am)
Sorry my dude I copped a 5 day ban. I'll post some fuckery soon

Let er rip! lmao
Sep 20 2017 12:36pm
So I have had some shit come up over the past 5-6 days and I haven't put on more weight (haven't had much focus on myself) but I've maintained the weight that I put on so far! I weighed 152 this morning.

Also I've gotten quite a bit of strength back rather quickly... I just wish that I had someone to workout with so I can go to or even past failure. On lifts that won't risk my life on failure I have been dropping weight for a few more reps directly after so kind of a superset? It definitely gets the pump going but I'd still prefer to lift heavier with a partner sometimes. GL, HF, IRL M9.
Retired Moderator
Sep 20 2017 04:09pm
Quote (Delbow @ 11 Sep 2017 07:57)
She's not crazy! Things have been a bit off with her though since one of her friends just killed herself two weeks ago. I've been through so many deaths and suicides of friends and family and deal with it much better than she has.

I'd like to think that I look decent with my shirt off but once I put a shirt on I think I look repulsive lol.

I don't have any plans on ever doing a huge cut phase. If I can gain the weight that I want to I'll probably just try to maintain that weight while becoming leaner at the same time. Idk how that'll go but that's the plan lol!

I ate a steak and two giant bowls of frosted mini wheats before bed last night... I woke up feeling like shit lol! Slight burn/weird cramping feeling from my stomach to my throat. Is this acid reflux?!

It could be acid reflux. That's not the usual reaction to steak & mini wheats but if you ate a lot over the day, it adds up.

Quote (Delbow @ 20 Sep 2017 14:36)
So I have had some shit come up over the past 5-6 days and I haven't put on more weight (haven't had much focus on myself) but I've maintained the weight that I put on so far! I weighed 152 this morning.

Also I've gotten quite a bit of strength back rather quickly... I just wish that I had someone to workout with so I can go to or even past failure. On lifts that won't risk my life on failure I have been dropping weight for a few more reps directly after so kind of a superset? It definitely gets the pump going but I'd still prefer to lift heavier with a partner sometimes. GL, HF, IRL M9.

If you're just getting back to lifting, that's when you make the most strength gains. It's all downhill from there :P

One good bit of news about gaining weight is that you should be able to lift heavier sooner.
Gold: 381.01
Sep 20 2017 08:42pm
Step 1: track what you eat for a week
Step 2: find out that your average of kcals is too low
Step 3: eat more
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

Try AvatarNutrition and never look back. It adjust your macronutrients (Prot/carb/fat) weekly based on your goal and progress to break plateau consistently. 10 USD a month...pretty cheap if you ask me. All you have to do is track and be consistent.

This post was edited by Aube on Sep 20 2017 08:46pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll