d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Death Note Movie
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 28 2017 02:51pm
i don't think i should watch this. i have no one in real life to share my love of anime with. so i'd have no one to bitch at when i saw a butchery of one of my favorite picks.
thanks for the heads up
Gold: 21.78
Aug 28 2017 06:43pm
Quote (Cyba @ 28 Aug 2017 11:11)
L was a crazy rage nerd who's uncomposed and not very logical.... light is a total spazz with no brain.... both characters were completely different from the original anime or even the original live action. they're supposed to be calm and level headed.. death note was a show about wits and outplaying one another, yet this movie was just coincidence and random conclusions. so stupid.... oh yea don't get me started on how stupid ryuk looks. it's crazy how the original japanese live action had better cinematics.

haha ya i lost it when L grabbed a gun and chased after light.
so uncharacteristic for L to act irrationally, and break the law.
Gold: 50.69
Aug 29 2017 02:48am
Quote (Chuu @ Aug 29 2017 12:43am)

yup.. so many annoying factors xD
Gold: 10.55
Aug 29 2017 10:27am
Quote (Cyba @ Aug 28 2017 08:11am)
L was a crazy rage nerd who's uncomposed and not very logical.... light is a total spazz with no brain.... both characters were completely different from the original anime or even the original live action. they're supposed to be calm and level headed.. death note was a show about wits and outplaying one another, yet this movie was just coincidence and random conclusions. so stupid.... oh yea don't get me started on how stupid ryuk looks. it's crazy how the original japanese live action had better cinematics.

I couldnt get over how bad they fucked up the characters... when i first saw L i saw 'nooooooooope' and it only got worse as the movie went on and he lost his composure and cool. That is not L, L was calm cool & collected no matter what happened, seemingly almost devoid of all feelings at most times... lol!
Gold: 2,094.99
Aug 29 2017 12:28pm
Quote (JP99 @ Aug 28 2017 06:57am)
3- the protagonists name was light

:lol:

But not Light Yagami from Japan

Now he's Light Turner from Seattle

:facepalm:
Gold: 8,732.50
Aug 29 2017 01:26pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 29 Aug 2017 11:28)
But not Light Yagami from Japan

Now he's Light Turner from Seattle

:facepalm:

Is he by chance related to Timmy turner?
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 30 2017 09:11am
Quote (Chuu @ Aug 28 2017 04:43pm)

SPOILERS

The funniest/worst part of the entire fucking movie, was that the only thing that even somewhat made me feel like this Light was modeled after the original Light, was his plan at the end to kill the psycho bitch, keep himself alive, and clear his name while doing it all. That was actually pretty good. Oh, but then they go and ruin even that by making L a murderer lol. I was actually amazed. Holy shit, they did something Lightesque at the very end of the fucking movie, bravo, just the smallest little clap for an otherwise horrendous movie, and then they take the biggest shit on the source material imaginable. Sooooo fucking bad.

Edit : Also pretty funny that in the original people kept dying for well over a month after Light had zero knowledge of their existence (while he was incarcerated), but that didn't matter because L was sure of himself. In this version, L is ready to completely give up because the police are mean to him because it's been two whole days and criminals are still dying.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 30 2017 09:13am
Gold: 21.78
Sep 2 2017 02:03am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 30 Aug 2017 11:11)
SPOILERS

The funniest/worst part of the entire fucking movie, was that the only thing that even somewhat made me feel like this Light was modeled after the original Light, was his plan at the end to kill the psycho bitch, keep himself alive, and clear his name while doing it all. That was actually pretty good. Oh, but then they go and ruin even that by making L a murderer lol. I was actually amazed. Holy shit, they did something Lightesque at the very end of the fucking movie, bravo, just the smallest little clap for an otherwise horrendous movie, and then they take the biggest shit on the source material imaginable. Sooooo fucking bad.

Edit : Also pretty funny that in the original people kept dying for well over a month after Light had zero knowledge of their existence (while he was incarcerated), but that didn't matter because L was sure of himself. In this version, L is ready to completely give up because the police are mean to him because it's been two whole days and criminals are still dying.

i cringed at the scene where mia asked him if hed kill people if they fucked her and he said yes
Gold: 603.71
Sep 10 2017 11:27am
The only redeeming factor was Ryuk's portrayal

I wish I could unwatch and unadulterate my love for Death Note
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll