d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > A Tale Told By Chuckie, The Scared Classis Barb > P8 Hardcore Classic
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,483.74
Sep 13 2017 06:49pm
diablo! i am so close to reaching it back home!

whirling and twirling, diablo went down slowly. very slowly. his melee attacks were a joke with my increased armor, but his firestorm and lightning breth was incredibly painful. i had to avoid those 2 abilities at all costs, otherwise i would surely die in this last fight.

he was slowing down. he was nearly dead. just a few more whirls!!!!! i remembered i had a few pieces of equipment with magic find on them, i put them on hoping to find something cool off diablo's death as a souvenir for when i go home.

Sep 13 2017 07:00pm
i clipped him with my old crystal sword dual wielding my magi finding gull dagger with the killing blow. the battle was finally over. time to go to back to town and let them know it was finally over.

finished at last. diablo was dead! the townsfolk rejoiced. i ran up to cain, who has been following me through this journey...

where? where is the portal?
what portal, kid?
the portal to go home. i finished everyone's quests and killed diablo. how do i get home?
kid, did nobody tell you?
tell me what?
there are 3 dimensions within this world. you have only completed the first, which is the easiest. the second will be harder, and third even harder. only once you kill diablo in true hell will you be able to go home.
SON OF A !@#^%

they then called me count chuckie. i felt more defeated then ever. i'm going to have to do this whole thing all over again?! and then again??????
this was going to be a lot harder than i thought...

Sep 15 2017 05:32pm
pissed off now knowing i was only 1/3rd of the way home, i went back and messed diablo up some more, taking out my rage. going from normal to nightmare sounded like a big jump so i looked for some new equipment and experience to upgrade my battle orders and whirlwind skill. i found this sweet looking armor with crushing blow on it. sounds great for bosses! i'm trying to be a macho man, but i'm about to put on a piece of armor that's purple.. i hope no one judges me....

i had thrown away the shield for this set a while back since i was sticking with 2 handed mauls. this was a pretty sweet 2 set bonus, adding 10% life leech and some attack rating. i don't have to worry about wearing a cathan's ring now.

i killed diablo over and over. i became stronger and was finally able to wield the great maul i was saving. my damaged increased dramatically!

Sep 15 2017 05:40pm
jewelry, what i was seeking. this mana leech will come in handy later. i put it in my stash. hopefully i can find some nice boots with resists soon.

the new great maul was amazing! :drool: i nearly kill everything in my path whirling only once through them now. paired up with rattlecage's crushing blow, killing all the champions from diablo's seal and taking diablo down took just as long as running there.

i continued killing him over and over, becoming more satisfied each kill. eventually, i felt i was no longer gaining much out of killing him off anymore, so i decided it was time to go to dimention #2: nightmare mode.

de ja vu. rogue encampment. i remembered this place.. although i started here last time falling from the sky and given scraps to fight with, i had found my own sweet equipment and was ready to take on the zombies all over again. i ran to the den of evil and spun through everything, killing them in 1 whirlwind as i made a continuous whirl through most of the den. it was a lot easier than i was expecting.

quest one was finished quickly. i bolted and rushed to the second quest. i already knew where to go and wasted no time.

blood raven was no big deal. with my great maul's 50% chance to cause monsters to flee, nothing attacked me. even blood raven was fleeing from me. it was pathetic.

Sep 15 2017 05:48pm
i was given aliza as a gift, just as i had the first time. i didn't care for this "reward." i ran off, trying to get to that strange tree once for the quest to save cain. i made it to the underground passage and whirled through everything. many monsters did not die, but i didn't care and was only whirling through to get to the end quicker without wasting time fighting these creatures. i finally got to the dark woods, aliza beind me somehow.. okay, i was impressed. i'm not an easy one to follow, especially leaving all these monsters in my path.

the pack of beasts guarding the tree were pretty pathetic as well. they were stuck in flee mode as i took them out, recovering the scroll.

we made it to the stones and created the portal to tristram. we took out the devilkin, skeletons, and griswold. we brought cain down and he took a portal to town. we met him, received our thanks and were on our way quickly again.

through the dark woods to the creepy black marsh and into the tower cellar. we descended down. these monsters were in the doorways, so i whirled through them, and they all died as i spun through them, giving aliza an easy path. i remembered the countess and her minions were a big challenge in the previous dimention, though this time around was very easy.

Sep 17 2017 01:15pm
before heading down to the jail levels, aliza followed me to find the horadric malus. i destroyed the bastard :evil:

we progressed through all the way to the catacombs. i rushed through and whirled through monsters to get through the doorways. some monsters died, some did not. we made it to andariel's throne and i was surprised to see aliza was still behind me. i whirled through andariel countless times. with my life and mana steal, i stayed healthy and did not need to use potions. an easy fight indeed. i picked up some of the loot and headed back to town.

this was a welcome upgrade with the resists over my previous boots

Sep 17 2017 01:19pm
the ring from andariel looks pretty sweet to me! i will kill her some more in hopes of better equipment and keep my mf jewelry on for now, but i will definitely be putting this ring on when i head to lut gholein.

i killed andariel some more and found yet another pair of boots. these ones i liked more, as it gave me lightning and fire resist, which i feel is more necessary. it also balances my resists out more evenly, and it has some mf!

since i now have a manald, i will not need to worry about using my mana leech amulet for progression. i will wear this when i am finished with my andariel reruns.

Oct 16 2017 07:09pm

this does a little more damage and has mana leech so i don't need a manald anymore ;) will miss the flee+knockback since they'd get knocked back into my whirlwinds and do extra damage. but oh well!

this was a sweet find! :)

Oct 16 2017 07:12pm
slightly better than my random 14 mf blue ring!

had enough of this bugged andariel and ventured through lut gholein's sewers. i feel pumped with my equipment and steam rolled through all these zombies and skeletons! /flex. i had left my pretty purple armor in my private stash, so i didn't have any crushing blow. i was able to kill radiment pretty easily, it just took a little longer than it should have.

Oct 16 2017 07:18pm
most of these critters are dying in 1 whirl, some are nearly lifeless by the time i go through them and just need a little slap on the back and they fall. i remmebered the dread of running through the maggot lair previously, and withblowing through most of the monsters, i really am cutting my time in here by a ton.

the snakes were wimpy this time. even in level 2, i choped them up pretty good. i made sure the champion went down. they didn't stand a chance. :lol:

it was the 4th attempt at finding the summoner. guy did not want to see me again. 2 quick whirls through him proved why.

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll