d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Should I Switch To Ps4 > From Xbox 1?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 24 2017 07:30pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 24 2017 05:09pm)
The lore behind Bloodborne is what elevates it beyond everything else for me.

The lore is solid as fuck, I'll give you that. I just get soooo bored of these games. Trial and error memorization of movement patterns is mind-numbing for me. I can always beat these games with minimal effort (usually a little minor rage one 1-2 bosses out of them all during the game, there's always one that trips me up), and I just don't ever think they're that great. Enjoyable sure, but low replay value for me and a solid 7.5-8/10 overall. Replay value is the thing that weights games the heaviest for me. I'll take a 7/10 game with thousands of hours of enjoyable play time vs a 9/10 or 10/10 game with 10-20 hours of gameplay all day every day. Most single player games are only capable of giving me a maximum of 20 hours. I finished 100% gamerscore on Skyrim without looking anything up in 14 hours. I absolutely loved the game, and I ended up getting 50+ hours in total out of Skyrim, but even that was disappointing for me, especially since I'd gotten 100 hours out of Oblivion and nearly 1000 hours out of Morrowind. I'll still play Morrowind every now and then again, it's one of the best games ever made imo.

I honestly can't remember the last time where I played a game that took me 30+ hours to finish the majority of everything in the game. Just a bit upsetting to me. RE7 was fun, but holy shit was that game short. I don't normally look up anything in any game, but I'll admit that I had to look up two bobbleheads in that game, I just could not fucking find them.

Anyways though, back to my point. The reason Halo ranks so high for me and I consider it to be better than pretty much anything PS has done, is because of it's replay value. I've put probably 200 hours in to Halo already, and I could easily put in 1000 if I had more time to play games. It would be 5x better if I actually had good people to play with. I fortunately have a couple of JSP guys to play with, but they usually get upset fairly quick and want to stop playing. It's frustrating how it matches you up, and since our ranks are a little ways apart, when it places us against a full team of people my rank, it's just no fun at all for them.
Gold: 394.00
Jul 24 2017 08:11pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 24 2017 09:30pm)
The lore is solid as fuck, I'll give you that. I just get soooo bored of these games. Trial and error memorization of movement patterns is mind-numbing for me. I can always beat these games with minimal effort (usually a little minor rage one 1-2 bosses out of them all during the game, there's always one that trips me up), and I just don't ever think they're that great. Enjoyable sure, but low replay value for me and a solid 7.5-8/10 overall. Replay value is the thing that weights games the heaviest for me. I'll take a 7/10 game with thousands of hours of enjoyable play time vs a 9/10 or 10/10 game with 10-20 hours of gameplay all day every day. Most single player games are only capable of giving me a maximum of 20 hours. I finished 100% gamerscore on Skyrim without looking anything up in 14 hours. I absolutely loved the game, and I ended up getting 50+ hours in total out of Skyrim, but even that was disappointing for me, especially since I'd gotten 100 hours out of Oblivion and nearly 1000 hours out of Morrowind. I'll still play Morrowind every now and then again, it's one of the best games ever made imo.

I honestly can't remember the last time where I played a game that took me 30+ hours to finish the majority of everything in the game. Just a bit upsetting to me. RE7 was fun, but holy shit was that game short. I don't normally look up anything in any game, but I'll admit that I had to look up two bobbleheads in that game, I just could not fucking find them.

Anyways though, back to my point. The reason Halo ranks so high for me and I consider it to be better than pretty much anything PS has done, is because of it's replay value. I've put probably 200 hours in to Halo already, and I could easily put in 1000 if I had more time to play games. It would be 5x better if I actually had good people to play with. I fortunately have a couple of JSP guys to play with, but they usually get upset fairly quick and want to stop playing. It's frustrating how it matches you up, and since our ranks are a little ways apart, when it places us against a full team of people my rank, it's just no fun at all for them.

Ok so by the sounds of things you are saying its the best because it has the most replay value?I think there is a big difference there,but if thats what you base it on then thats your opinion. I used to be like that in that id rather have a 7/10 game that lasts me forever but now i play games for the art of it. The stories,the mechanics,the lore etc etc. I just find that more enjoyable then running around cod,battlefield etc etc for hours upon hours. Your complaint about bloodborne is a lot of what makes someone great at a shooter. memorizing the map,where your most likely to run into enemies,reflexes on the trigger etc etc. Only difference is your facing another person,which i get is a big difference but it still all boils down to your expertise of the game.
Jul 24 2017 08:23pm
^

It's completely different in that skill plays the largest factor in FPS games, while memorization is by far the largest factor in these types of games. No matter how many pros you've watched, or if you've practiced all the sneaky little jumps for hours and hours, or if you know exactly where people will go etc... all these things can give you a slight advantage over someone who's the same skill as you, but if my gun skill/movement is superior, and it usually is, I'm going to win, even if I'm a casual gamer and I am without a doubt a casual at this point in my life.

Playing games like Bloodborne and DS are trial and error, you run in and try to guess the movement patterns of the enemy. You're going to die, and you're going to die a lot, after you've played a considerable amount of the way through the game, you start getting better at anticipating movement and attack patterns, but enemies will still throw out some special attack you've never seen that'll wipe you 20 times until you figure out how to avoid it, trial and error. This type of gameplay annoys me as it's more about dying over and over and just memorizing what's going to happen, vs not knowing what's coming at you, but reacting as quickly and accurately as possible to what unfolds to win out. My feeling will be unchanged on the 7/10 and 1000x hours over 9/10 and 20 hours, but Halo 5 is not a 7/10 game. It's easily an 8.5-9.5/game. The campaign is terrific, the multiplayer maps are amazing, the amount of changes/fixes they've made throughout the game to little things have been huge. Hit detection is even better than 2/3, and it's got the best overall flow of any Halo game since Halo 2. They constantly add in free content, they've added tons of casual multiplayer modes for noobs or friends of people who don't want to be stressed out all the time to play and still have a great and unique time together. As long as you like shooters, it's got something for you, regardless of your skill level. If you're a super try-hard like me who wants to play with pros (or use to anyways), you can grind ranked and once you're high onyx/champion, you'll run into pro players pretty consistently, especially if you play FFA or Arena.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 24 2017 08:25pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 24 2017 08:26pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 24 2017 06:30pm)
Bunch of words.

I could completely hijack this topic and go for hours about why I love Bloodborne and why the relatively simple ("boring" as you put it) mechanics are actually more impactful and better used than other games that use more "complex" mechanics. But I don't want to completely take this thread 100% off point.

I haven't spent as much time on a console game as I have on Bloodborne since the NES/SNES/N64 days of my childhood. (nes/snes/n64 were all basically it at the same time as far as I'm concerned because I became old enough to play games around when the N64 released, and I played all the systems).

If a person wanted to expand their gaming portfolio there is no better place at the moment than PS4. Whether Halo is better than any other game ever is not really the point because it is only one game, and arguably one of the only games xbone has at the moment, Forza and Halo and nothing else (exclusive).

PS4 is a much better choice to go to in order to expand your library.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jul 24 2017 08:26pm
Jul 24 2017 08:31pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 24 2017 06:26pm)
I could completely hijack this topic and go for hours about why I love Bloodborne and why the relatively simple ("boring" as you put it) mechanics are actually more impactful and better used than other games that use more "complex" mechanics. But I don't want to completely take this thread 100% off point.

I haven't spent as much time on a console game as I have on Bloodborne since the NES/SNES/N64 days of my childhood. (nes/snes/n64 were all basically it at the same time as far as I'm concerned because I became old enough to play games around when the N64 released, and I played all the systems).

If a person wanted to expand their gaming portfolio there is no better place at the moment than PS4. Whether Halo is better than any other game ever is not really the point because it is only one game, and arguably one of the only games xbone has at the moment, Forza and Halo and nothing else (exclusive).

PS4 is a much better choice to go to in order to expand your library.

Dead Rising, Gears of War and Ryse would be a few more on Xbox that people seem to enjoy.

Honestly, I'm horribly underwhelmed with both Microsoft and Sony on this gen, especially after how fucking impressive the previous generation of consoles/games were. If you care about expanding your libray, go to PC, it shit slaps all consoles without even trying. Play where your friends are, that's the most important thing. Unless you're trying to go pro at a specific game, then play on which console currently is in charge of the competitive scene, otherwise, I would always stick to whatever my friends are playing on.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 24 2017 08:32pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 24 2017 08:34pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 24 2017 07:31pm)
Dead Rising, Gears of War and Ryse would be a few more on Xbox that people seem to enjoy.

Honestly, I'm horribly underwhelmed with both Microsoft and Sony on this gen, especially after how fucking impressive the previous generation of consoles/games were. If you care about expanding your libray, go to PC, it shit slaps all consoles without even trying. Play where your friends are, that's the most important thing. Unless you're trying to go pro at a specific game, then play on which console currently is in charge of the competitive scene, otherwise, I would always stick to whatever my friends are playing on.

Eh I think ps4 > ps3

So many games intrigue me from PlayStation on this generation. I think i bought like 5 games for my ps3 and I have like 15 on my ps4. (Physical only, not including digital.) And most of those are exclusives.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jul 24 2017 08:35pm
Gold: 1,803.00
Jul 24 2017 08:35pm
Perks of PS4 pro vs regular PS4? Is it worth the extra money?

Obviously there's the playing with friends factor on PS as well as extra goals that aren't obtainable in the real near future
Jul 24 2017 08:43pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Jul 24 2017 06:35pm)
Perks of PS4 pro vs regular PS4? Is it worth the extra money?

Obviously there's the playing with friends factor on PS as well as extra goals that aren't obtainable in the real near future

Make your own decision man. Just depends on what you care about. None of this shit ever matters to me.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086

Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 24 2017 06:34pm)
Eh I think ps4 > ps3

So many games intrigue me from PlayStation on this generation. I think i bought like 5 games for my ps3 and I have like 15 on my ps4. (Physical only, not including digital.) And most of those are exclusives.

I didn't own a PS3, but I have a lot of friends who complain about lack of games on PS4 vs PS3. I know the One/Ps4 have fuckall compared to the 360, which is what I had. That thing had a new awesome game like every month, I was never fucking bored on it, I couldn't even keep up with all the amazing shit that came out. 360 was the shit.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 24 2017 08:44pm
Gold: 293.50
Jul 24 2017 09:42pm
ps2 > xbox xbox 360 > ps3 ps4 > xbox 1

hoe that clears everything up
Gold: Locked
Jul 26 2017 07:43am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 25 2017 12:49am)
What does PS have exclusively that's better than by far the best FPS on this current gen?

Matter of opinion I suppose, but if you were good at shooters, you'd know hour good of a game Halo is.

Tbh most people i know of dont even like halo.
I for example hate scify games in general.

Its just mather of opinion. U cant say its by far the best.
Thats just for you. For me it might be the same sh't like killtone, for another one it could be the worst shooter ever..

Also.. how can uncharted possibly be boring?
Its one of the action packed games i have ever played.
Did you really play them or do just pretend to and read about the storyline or whatever?
I really cant imagine this.. 4 was for me the worst one, but still fkin good.

Also to make this clear, i am not a fan of any console, i play what i like and dont care which company stands behind it. (Except for ubisoft cuz fk u and your downgrades) lel

This post was edited by TattooTears on Jul 26 2017 08:12am
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll