d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Swedish Immigration Problem 2017?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 15 2017 06:55pm
I thought we had a thread on this back when he posted it
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 15 2017 07:06pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jun 15 2017 05:59pm)
I'm willing to bet that all of these people have something in common. All of them, including the Swede.

I'm willing to bet they are all economically disadvantaged.

Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2017 06:43pm)
I am willing to bet most of the lot is <90 IQ

Yep, yep. A police investigator, with "47 years under his belt", most surely is poor and stupid. :/

Kinda makes Trump's desires to put a severe dent in lackadaisical immigration laws in the US, kinda seem...not so idiotic, after-all.

Other things that this sort of sheds new light on...

1. Maybe the age and experience of those making statements publicly...should be considered more seriously.
2. Maybe political correctness, is more damaging than helpful. Could it be that honesty without concern of political correctness, should be weighted more heavily. Like, maybe it was wrong to ostracize the Atlanta Braves (extinct) for their choice of a team name. What's next? The political correct squad should force the Minnesota Vikings to change their team's name?
3. Maybe everyone should be more concerned with accuracy versus whether or not they are labeled racist. Racism is not good. Incorrectly labeling some one racist is even worse.

I know this is a touchy subject. But then again, many times, just plain honest and accurate observations, have been deemed racist as if by momentum rather than by any reality, concerning certain situations.

Ever since the term "political correctness", came into being, I've felt that it set a very dangerous precedent. Almost like it was now okay to say anything (correct or incorrect), just as long as it didn't ruffle anyone's feathers.
Another term I have issues with is racism. Yes, it's not okay to group and entire race into some stereotype. BUT, on the other hand, it should also NOT be okay to avoid certain truths out of fear of being labeled racist. As long as those truths, are in fact accurate. I've always felt that we should take each person as we find them...not as a few of a certain group, might act.

Example: The Middle East. It would be bad to consider every person from that area as a terrorist. It would be even worse to avoid the truth that most of the terrorist acts happening these days, do in fact originate in/from the Middle East.

Gold: 1.93
Jun 15 2017 07:16pm
I think its great that a country like sweden is willing to do so much to help out the downtrodden of the world, but where i think they should draw the line is crime.
Take in whoever you like, but one serious crime should have them on the next boat or plane back to wherever they came from.
Gold: 200.83
Jun 15 2017 07:32pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 15 2017 05:06pm)
Yep, yep. A police investigator, with "47 years under his belt", most surely is poor and stupid. :/

Kinda makes Trump's desires to put a severe dent in lackadaisical immigration laws in the US, kinda seem...not so idiotic, after-all.

Other things that this sort of sheds new light on...

1. Maybe the age and experience of those making statements publicly...should be considered more seriously.
2. Maybe political correctness, is more damaging than helpful. Could it be that honesty without concern of political correctness, should be weighted more heavily. Like, maybe it was wrong to ostracize the Atlanta Braves (extinct) for their choice of a team name. What's next? The political correct squad should force the Minnesota Vikings to change their team's name?
3. Maybe everyone should be more concerned with accuracy versus whether or not they are labeled racist. Racism is not good. Incorrectly labeling some one racist is even worse.

I know this is a touchy subject. But then again, many times, just plain honest and accurate observations, have been deemed racist as if by momentum rather than by any reality, concerning certain situations.

Ever since the term "political correctness", came into being, I've felt that it set a very dangerous precedent. Almost like it was now okay to say anything (correct or incorrect), just as long as it didn't ruffle anyone's feathers.
Another term I have issues with is racism. Yes, it's not okay to group and entire race into some stereotype. BUT, on the other hand, it should also NOT be okay to avoid certain truths out of fear of being labeled racist. As long as those truths, are in fact accurate. I've always felt that we should take each person as we find them...not as a few of a certain group, might act.

Example: The Middle East. It would be bad to consider every person from that area as a terrorist. It would be even worse to avoid the truth that most of the terrorist acts happening these days, do in fact originate in/from the Middle East.

I am saying the criminals have low IQ
Gold: 1.93
Jun 15 2017 07:35pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 16 2017 12:32pm)

Interestingly australias most famous criminal chopper read said the same thing, basically if you are a moron and go to prison you will feel like a genius.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 15 2017 07:36pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2017 08:32pm)

Ones who get caught. It is the distinction between the sociopath and the psychopath.
Jun 15 2017 07:50pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2017 08:32pm)

It must be the same problem I have. Due to my like of typing skills, I tend to sometimes shorten what I meant to say, to be able to type fast enough to respond accurately.

Ya know, like sentences that have all I want to say, included in the sentence. :)

Like using the word they when I meant to say...criminals.

Yes, I now believe you meant to say criminals.
Jun 15 2017 08:07pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 15 2017 05:50pm)
It must be the same problem I have. Due to my like of typing skills, I tend to sometimes shorten what I meant to say, to be able to type fast enough to respond accurately.

Ya know, like sentences that have all I want to say, included in the sentence. :)

Like using the word they when I meant to say...criminals.

Yes, I now believe you meant to say criminals.

What I said made sense in context and was unambiguous
Jun 15 2017 08:18pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jun 15 2017 05:59pm)
I'm willing to bet that all of these people have something in common. All of them, including the Swede.

I'm willing to bet they are all economically disadvantaged.

Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2017 06:43pm)
I am willing to bet most of the lot is <90 IQ

Oh c'mon. You quoted inkanddagger and then said: "I am willing to bet most of the lot is <90 IQ"

But relax. I only go by what ppl say at the moment. I don't tag ppl for life, w/e they say...for the moment. :)

Jun 15 2017 08:24pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 15 2017 06:18pm)
Oh c'mon. You quoted inkanddagger and then said: "I am willing to bet most of the lot is <90 IQ"

But relax. I only go by what ppl say at the moment. I don't tag ppl for life, w/e they say...for the moment. :)

the swede was part of the criminals, did you read the op?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll