d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Swedish Immigration Problem 2017?
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Jun 15 2017 04:51pm
https://www.rt.com/news/376582-sweden-cop-immigrant-crime/

A Swedish police investigator triggered a media tsunami with a Facebook post linking violent crimes with immigrants. Peter Springare received an outpouring of support from fellow officers and common Swedes, as well as some accusations of racism.
Springare is a senior investigator at the serious crimes division at the Örebro Police Department with 47 years under his belt. In the Saturday post he said what he was going to say would not be politically correct and that saying such things could harm an officer’s position or pay grade, but he was about to retire and didn’t care.

“Here we go; this is what I’ve handled from Monday-Friday this week: rape, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, rape-assault and rape, extortion, blackmail, assault, violence against police, threats to police, drug crime, drugs, crime, felony, attempted murder, rape again, extortion again and ill-treatment,” he wrote.

“Suspected perpetrators; Ali Mohammed, Mahmod, Mohammed, Mohammed Ali, again, again, again. Christopher… what, is it true? Yes, a Swedish name snuck in on the edges of a drug crime. Mohammed, Mahmod Ali, again and again,” he added.

The post goes on to identify the origins of the suspects.

“Countries representing all the crimes this week: Iraq, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Somalia, Syria again, Somalia, unknown, unknown country, Sweden. Half of the suspects, we can’t be sure because they don’t have any valid papers. Which in itself usually means that they’re lying about their nationality and identity.”

The post steered waves in Sweden and has since received over 36,000 ‘likes’ and 16,000 ‘shares’ by Tuesday. People supporting Springare’s words started a group on Facebook with over 75,000 members. Among the people voicing support of the opinion were fellow police officers, both serving and retired.

According to news website Nyheter Idag, the police station where Springare works received at least 60 bouquets of flowers addressed to him on Monday – a “bloombomb” from admirers.

Others were not happy with the investigator’s remark, calling him right-wing or even racist. The post was referred to the special prosecutors’ office, which handles crimes involving law enforcement, to see whether it violated police regulations, according to Swedish media.

National Police Commissioner Dan Eliasson said that it was important to distinguish what an officer does in the line of duty and outside of it.

“When he acts in his professional capacity, he should be extremely careful with issues of ethnicity. If he wants to talk about the problems of crime among immigrants in his spare time, he has freedom of expression like any other,” he told P4 Extra radio, adding that he knows Springare as a “very good person.”

In a second post, Springare denied accusations of right-wing sympathies.

“If you can't discuss the problem of crime among immigrants without somebody attributing it to racist propaganda, we are in deep trouble,” he said. “The problem is that nobody wants to talk about this.”

Establishing facts about how crime rates correlate with perpetrators belonging to the immigrant community is not the same thing as branding all immigrants criminals, Springare said explaining his position.

cop identifies a pattern amongst the crimes he's dealt with lately and people go nuts

whats the situation with swedish immigration problem in 2017? anyone here live there?
Gold: 285.00
Jun 15 2017 04:55pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 15 2017 05:51pm)
https://www.rt.com/news/376582-sweden-cop-immigrant-crime/

cop identifies a pattern amongst the crimes he's dealt with lately and people go nuts

whats the situation with swedish immigration problem in 2017? anyone here live there?

The post steered waves in Sweden and has since received over 36,000 ‘likes’ and 16,000 ‘shares’ by Tuesday. People supporting Springare’s words started a group on Facebook with over 75,000 members. Among the people voicing support of the opinion were fellow police officers, both serving and retired.

According to news website Nyheter Idag, the police station where Springare works received at least 60 bouquets of flowers addressed to him on Monday – a “bloombomb” from admirers.

Yeah people went nuts....60 bouquets of flowers and 36k likes and 16k shares is a lot.

A few complaints does not diminish that reaction.
Gold: 10.77
Jun 15 2017 04:59pm
I'm willing to bet that all of these people have something in common. All of them, including the Swede.

I'm willing to bet they are all economically disadvantaged.
Gold: 9.00
Jun 15 2017 05:10pm
I'm from Sweden.

Well we had our first deadly (we had one some years ago but the guy blew himself up without claiming any other victims but himself) islamic terror attack a few months ago (which killed five and injured many more), and we have gone from being the paradise on earth with almost no crime to the rape capital of europe. Everyday we hear about horrific crimes, especially rapes, robberies of elderly etc. So yeah, the problem is pretty huge. Police officer Springare is right and he knows that and everyone knows that, but we are a kind, nice and polite people and we are aware that the vast majority of immigrants are hard working, kind people as well, though a good portion of them have done much to damage the society of ours.

Edit: The Swedish Democrats (the equivalent of Danske Folkeparti) are on the rise. 2010 they got into the parlament with ~5% of the votes iirc, and four years later, 2014, they got ~13% of the votes. A recent poll suggested they now have more than 23% of the people's votes. It's a little more than a year to next election.

This post was edited by Tjo on Jun 15 2017 05:13pm
Gold: 745.69
Jun 15 2017 05:14pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jun 15 2017 06:59pm)
I'm willing to bet that all of these people have something in common. All of them, including the Swede.

Probably. The question is, if you know that more poor people causes an increase in crime across the board and makes life more difficult for current citizens, why the fuck would you choose to inject a huge number of poor people into these communities? It's almost like it's not in your country's (or its citizen's) best interests to do so.

This post was edited by Magicman657 on Jun 15 2017 05:14pm
Gold: 107.77
Jun 15 2017 05:29pm
Quote (Tjo @ Jun 15 2017 06:10pm)
and we are aware that the vast majority of immigrants are hard working, kind people as well,

Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Jun 15 2017 05:40pm
Rape is just a cultural misunderstanding there, not a crime lol
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 15 2017 05:43pm
Quote (ChronFather420 @ 16 Jun 2017 00:40)
Rape is just a cultural misunderstanding there, not a crime lol

#LastNightInSweden
#AlternativeFacts
Gold: 200.83
Jun 15 2017 05:43pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jun 15 2017 02:59pm)

I am willing to bet most of the lot is <90 IQ
Gold: Locked
Jun 15 2017 06:55pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 15 2017 04:43pm)
I am willing to bet most of the lot is <90 IQ

I'm willing to bet you think I.Q. is a good metric.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll