d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Retro Game Finds > Thrifting
Prev14567846Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 17 2017 08:28pm
Quote (MrDestroyer @ Sep 16 2017 08:33am)
Sold Driver and Driver 2 for $10

Bought a 5 game lot on 3bay..

Silver for Dreamcast
Soul Caliber for Dreamcast

https://i.imgur.com/NeikrU5.jpg

I've been looking for a good deal for Silver for a while now.
It looks like an interesting game, an action RPG with nice pre-rendered backgrounds.
It seems very much to be influenced by Secret of Mana with play style but in a medieval setting.
I hear the story is kind of bland but I am ready to hack and slash my way though it :)

What needs to be said about Soul Caliber?
Awesome game, and some of the best graphics on the Dreamcast

Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast *with Sonic Adventure 2 demo disc

https://i.imgur.com/tuAOQzy.jpg

I am sad to say I missed the Phantasy Star Online Craze :(
Really, I have never played any Dreamcast game online!

I recently got into the Phantasy Star series as a whole.
About 6 months ago I played through the PS1 and PS2 to check them out.
They were interesting and fun but PS1 definitely doesn't hold up well by modern standards.
But considering it's a game from 1988 it was a lot of fun! I hear PS4 is the best one.

I'm excited to check out PSO. Even if I have to play offline the game looks amazing!

World Series Baseball for Dreamcast
Virtua Tennis for Dreamcast

https://i.imgur.com/sDiFohz.jpg

A little bit of filler..
I actually already have Virtua Tennis but only a Sega Allstars version, not a white spine case.

Paid $40 for this lot (including shipping ofc).
It was a pretty good deal considering Silver is usually ~$30 game on its own.

Still building up my Dreamcast library. I now have 18 games :)

Profit: $238/$287.5/$49.5

I put in over 200 hours on PSO on the GC, all single player.

Game is amazing.
Gold: 805.00
Oct 6 2017 06:44pm
Quote (Noobalator @ Sep 17 2017 08:28pm)
I put in over 200 hours on PSO on the GC, all single player.

Game is amazing.

I put it in for about 30 minutes shortly after I got it.
It was a lot of fun and it seems like the game has a lot of depth.
Too backlogged on games but I'm sure I will play it a lot once I get to it :)

My birthday is in late September and my brother bought me a Retron5

It's a cool little gaming system that can play 9 different consoles

It doesn't actually have the gaming hardware but downloads the ROMs and up-scales them to HD.
It works with almost all games but there are a few exceptions that are not compatible

But this system has a lot of versatility.
It's not region locked and because it uses ROMs you can load a language patch to imported games.
You can use save states for older games with no option to save progress
The controller that it comes with sucks but there are ports for 2x SNES and 2x Sega controllers.
You can also program it to play systems with different controller (I've been using a SNES controller to play GBA games)

The thing I'm most excited about is the GBA port and up-scaling it to HD.
GBA has many great games and ports from other consoles and I've never had a setup where I could play on a TV
Been playing Metrioid Fusion this week and having a lot of fun :o

I've been happy with it so far. Not a bad deal for $120. Happy birthday to me!

Oct 10 2017 02:37pm
Sold Virtua Tennis for $8
Sold Bust A Groove case & no manual for $4

:)

Profit: $238/$299.5/$61.5
Oct 10 2017 05:55pm
Sorry for the lack of updates.. garage sale season is all but dead in my area.
Still checking out goodwill and other thrift stores pretty frequently, but hit a bit of a dry spell.
Also just been too lazy to upload or even list things to sell lol

Here's some recent finds:

Malice for Xbox
Brute force for Xbox

Neither of these games are particularly valuable or anything..

Malice has kind of an interesting history with a lot of hype attached to it.
Originally designed as a PS1 game, it was scrapped to debut on the Xbox after the console was announced midway through production.
Microsoft latched on and even got Gwen Stefani to agree to voice act for the heroine Malice. I don't know what happened but the game basically disappeared.
Gwen Stefani recorded the voice acting but didn't make the final cut. It was eventually released much later than planned without much fanfare.
It's unique in having a female protagonist, and a fun 3D brawler/basic platformer. Ultimately it's kind of a boring game. But I remember hearing about it and never came across it before!

I don't remember much about the story of Brute Force. I just remember playing it with close friends after being burned out of multi hour split screen sessions.
It's an FPS where each character has it's own stats (kind of like a simple Overwatch) with a "special move".
I remember getting pissed off at one character who can turn invisible who has an insta-kill knife move :lol:

Again, not valuable. More of a Nostalgia buy.

Got both at Goodwill for $6

Counterstrike for Xbox
Fable (disc only) for Xbox

I have actually never played a Counterstrike game if you can believe it.
Well, I did play Rogue Spear a lonnng time ago... is that a Counterstrike game?

What needs to be said about counterstrike? Military style FPS, didn't even know it was on Xbox
I actually only bought it because I was searching through a bargain bin at Half Priced Books and open up some games from time to time
(you never know what is actually inside the cases!) and saw Fable inside with the game.

I LOVE Fable. I thought the game was absolutely incredible from the first time I saw it played.
I still have my copy of the black label version, but it never hurts to have a second copy.. I think the plat hits version has some extra content too.

Fable received mixed results from critics.. mainly because the people behind the game promised a totally free open world type game well before technology could allow it.
The good path vs evil path was so innovative to me. The story was interesting, the spells and combat were fun.
I really recommend checking this game out if you never have.

Got both at Half Price books for $2. I'm hoping I can flip CS for $5

Phantasy Star Portable for PSP - Factory Sealed

I didn't even know this game existed. I have since learned it's somewhat hard to find, especially unopened.
I am a fan of Phantasy star series.. you are probably aware if you have read other posts in this thread lol :)

Got this for $10 at goodwill.

It was in the glass case where they keep the more expensive items that come through. Probably more than I would have liked to pay..
But I went ahead and got it because it was unopened. I think I can sell it for $20-$25 :)

I find a lot of good PSP stuff at goodwill it seems.. maybe I need to pick one up.

Profit: $256/$299.5/$43.5
Oct 10 2017 06:19pm
A Final Fantasy haul..

Final Fantasy V and VI for Playstation 1

Final Fantasy VII for Playstation 1

Final Fantasy VIII for Playstation 1

Oh Playstation 1 era Final Fantasy games.. how I love thee.
I found these 3 bundled together at goodwill for $15!!

Yeah, they are green label. But fuck, these games are hard enough to find complete with the manual
Let alone 3 of them all together for a good price. All the discs are in great shape too!

I have VII and VIII black label back at my parents house.. but I doubt I have all the discs and sure as hell not the manual lol
I have actually never played V and VI, but now is my chance. Damn am I back logged on RPGs :lol:

Is this my most valuable goodwill find? Maybe. But it is sure as hell the one I'm most excited about :)

Profit: $271/$299.5/$28.5

Oct 24 2017 04:46pm
Grand theft Auto V for Playstation 3

My opinion is pretty neutral about GTA
I played the shit out of III, Vice City, and San Andreas as a kid but haven't had much desire to play one in recent years.
I hear GTA V is really great, but I've only played for 30 minutes or so.

I really enjoy just driving around in these games and the online modes are supposed to be really versatile on this title.
Is this the most current GTA out? too lazy to look it up lol

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for Wii

Unfortunately no manual.. butI will typically buy any Capcom game (at a good price).

I have never played a Resident Evil game! Really, I have not played many survival horror games..
I don't know if this is a good one to start with but I am excited to give this game a try.

I have been playing Carrier to get in the Holloween spirit and have really enjoyed trying out the survival horror genera.
I will probably play through this game next :)

Reload for Wii

The Wii has a few good arcade style lite gun games and Reload is definitely overlooked.
It's really not a bad game if you are into the genre..
I still play Ghost Squad from time to time when I want to play a short arcade style game.
I will probably just sell this game though :)

Got these 3 titles at Goodwill for $9

Profit: $280/$299.5/$19.5

Oct 24 2017 04:48pm
Sold Rocky Rodent for $15
Sold GTA V for $10

:)

Profit: $280/$324.5/$44.5
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Nov 5 2017 01:09am
Quote (MrDestroyer @ Oct 10 2017 06:55pm)
Sorry for the lack of updates.. garage sale season is all but dead in my area.
Still checking out goodwill and other thrift stores pretty frequently, but hit a bit of a dry spell.
Also just been too lazy to upload or even list things to sell lol

Here's some recent finds:

Malice for Xbox
Brute force for Xbox

https://i.imgur.com/2Om0Tke.jpg

Neither of these games are particularly valuable or anything..

Malice has kind of an interesting history with a lot of hype attached to it.
Originally designed as a PS1 game, it was scrapped to debut on the Xbox after the console was announced midway through production.
Microsoft latched on and even got Gwen Stefani to agree to voice act for the heroine Malice. I don't know what happened but the game basically disappeared.
Gwen Stefani recorded the voice acting but didn't make the final cut. It was eventually released much later than planned without much fanfare.
It's unique in having a female protagonist, and a fun 3D brawler/basic platformer. Ultimately it's kind of a boring game. But I remember hearing about it and never came across it before!

I don't remember much about the story of Brute Force. I just remember playing it with close friends after being burned out of multi hour split screen sessions.
It's an FPS where each character has it's own stats (kind of like a simple Overwatch) with a "special move".
I remember getting pissed off at one character who can turn invisible who has an insta-kill knife move :lol:

Again, not valuable. More of a Nostalgia buy.

Got both at Goodwill for $6

Counterstrike for Xbox
Fable (disc only) for Xbox

https://i.imgur.com/QARdhHY.jpg

I have actually never played a Counterstrike game if you can believe it.
Well, I did play Rogue Spear a lonnng time ago... is that a Counterstrike game?

What needs to be said about counterstrike? Military style FPS, didn't even know it was on Xbox
I actually only bought it because I was searching through a bargain bin at Half Priced Books and open up some games from time to time
(you never know what is actually inside the cases!) and saw Fable inside with the game.

I LOVE Fable. I thought the game was absolutely incredible from the first time I saw it played.
I still have my copy of the black label version, but it never hurts to have a second copy.. I think the plat hits version has some extra content too.

Fable received mixed results from critics.. mainly because the people behind the game promised a totally free open world type game well before technology could allow it.
The good path vs evil path was so innovative to me. The story was interesting, the spells and combat were fun.
I really recommend checking this game out if you never have.

Got both at Half Price books for $2. I'm hoping I can flip CS for $5

Phantasy Star Portable for PSP - Factory Sealed

https://i.imgur.com/XJYEURz.jpg

I didn't even know this game existed. I have since learned it's somewhat hard to find, especially unopened.
I am a fan of Phantasy star series.. you are probably aware if you have read other posts in this thread lol :)

Got this for $10 at goodwill.

It was in the glass case where they keep the more expensive items that come through. Probably more than I would have liked to pay..
But I went ahead and got it because it was unopened. I think I can sell it for $20-$25 :)

I find a lot of good PSP stuff at goodwill it seems.. maybe I need to pick one up.

Profit: $256/$299.5/$43.5

PSPs are nice, cheap, and very easily moddable. I actually used mine this year to complete Fire Red on a GAS emulator.
Nov 8 2017 02:56pm
Quote (Noobalator @ Nov 5 2017 01:09am)
PSPs are nice, cheap, and very easily moddable. I actually used mine this year to complete Fire Red on a GAS emulator.

which model PSP do you have?

I bought a PSP-1000 back around 2006. A friend had one and I remember being blown away by what a hand held was capable of at the time.
I played it for a while but got annoyed by the frequent load screens and went into a PC mmo phase for the next 5 years. I think I had a dynasty warriors game and tony hawk underground 2 lol
I remember wanting to buy 1GB memory flash but didn't want to pay $100 for it lol

I still have it around somewhere at parents house... maybe I'll dig it up when I'm home for thanksgiving
Nov 8 2017 04:31pm
Haven't made too many sales lately...but I bought another Dreamcast lot on 3bay :)

Jet Grind Radio for Dreamcast
Test Drive Le Mans for Dreamcast

I've been looking for a good deal for Jet Grind Radio for a while. I have almost bought it alone for ~$20 a couple times because I have been eager to play it.
To me, this game is the epitome of what I love about Sega style graphics. A style that is rarely adapted in more modern gaming.
Bright colors, beautiful cell shading, and fast fun game play. I played this game at a friends house as a young kid and it has always stuck in my memory.
Never given it a full play through but very excited to own this game! :)

Test Drive Le Mans is definitely a nice bonus.
I am a big racing game fan, and this is actually a really good one!
Happy to have it in my collection.

A little bit of filler..

Virtua Tennis for Dreamcast
Sega Dreamcast magazine demo disc
Web Browser 2.0 for Dreamcast (factory sealed)

Nothing too exciting. This is my third copy of Virtua Tennis
I don't own a web browser disc but every Dreamcast collection needs one lol.
And factory sealed? I guess that's cool.

Nights Into Dreams for Sega Saturn

A bit of a surprise to see this in the bundle.

Really a unique, cool game that I have never played.
It's an early release for the Saturn that was made to showcase what the console was capable of.
It's a really fast paced game that really shines through as a Sonic Team developed game.

If you have never heard of this game I really recommend you check it out.
Shigeru Miyahomoto (you know, the guy who created basically every Nintendo franchise) is even quoted to say this is one game he wished he would've been apart of.

As much as a Sega fanboy as I am, I'm never going to collect for the Saturn.
It's just too niche and most of the games I actually want to play are far too expensive :(
Probably going to sell or trade it for something else..

Got this lot for $30.. not a bad price!

Profit: $310/$324.5/$14.5

Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Prev14567846Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll