Gold: 805.00
Dec 19 2017 03:28pm
sold Reload for $7.50

Sold phantasy star portable for $17

Profit: $310/$364/$54
Jan 13 2018 04:15pm
Castlevania Symphony of the Night for Playstation 1

I recently played through a couple Metroid games that got me more interested in the metroidvania genre of gaming
I have actually never played a Castlevania game because I'm a peasant so I decided to start with one of the most highly regarded ones out there.
And let me tell you, this game does not disappoint!

Great level design and game play,plus there are tons to explore and many items to find and unlock.
Playing Playstation 1 games can sometimes be a struggle as the push to 3D gaming was not quite up to speed with the tech..
Graphics can be pretty bad and tank controls can are some of the worst making most games of the age feel really dated.
Using the PS1 hardware to make a great 2D experience has made Symphony of the night age really well.

I have been looking for a good deal for a copy of this game for a while and won it in an online auction for $40.
It's probably more than I would normally like to pay and I'm not pleased it's a greatest hits version.
But I'm super happy to finally have a copy. It's probably only going to get harder to get as time goes on :)

Loaded for Playstation 1
Metal Walker for Gameboy Color

A couple games I didn't really know much about but found them for a good deal

Loaded is an isometric shooter that has elements of a dungeon crawler with Duke Nukem-esque graphics.
It seems fun, fast paced shooting action with a very 90's push to make games more bloody and violent.
Played it a little bit and the controls feel a little clunky, but pretty fun so far!

Since getting a Retron 5 I have been revisiting a lot of Gameboy titles. It's been really great experience to revisit titles and play them on a TV with a SNES controller :)
Never heard of the game but I'm willing to try almost anything Capcom. Metal Walker is a RPG that feels a little gimmicky.
The battles are strange and kind of hard to describe where you ping your character across the screen and bounce it off walls to attack.
Interesting game I'm looking forward to playing more!

Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee for Gamecube

I typically don't penoy many fighting games, but this is a game that gets a lot of good reviews and is pretty sought after.
It's an over the top fighter where you play as Godzilla and friends battling each other while cities crumble in your wake.
Gamecube games can be hard to find, especially good ones. Why not? :)

Bought the last 3 games at a thrift store for $20

Profit: $370/$364/$-6

Back in the red.. need to sell some stuff! lol

This post was edited by MrDestroyer on Jan 13 2018 04:17pm
Jan 21 2018 08:29pm
Sold Malice for $5

Profit: $370/$368/$-1
Feb 18 2018 08:52pm
Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox

Pretty nice collection of Genesis Sonic games including:

Sonic 1-3
Dr. Robotnik's Magic Bean Machine
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles

I frequently find Xbox games at Goodwill but typically they aren't worth much.
Bought this for $3. Not the greatest find but I bet I can flip it for about $10.

I don't have an Xbox and have never been a big fan of games on the platform.
I bet a lot of these games will start going up in price in the next 5 years though.
Xbox is a nice retro game system; it's cheap to collect for, easy to find game, and graphics still look good.
Plus, HDMI cables are pretty cheap for Xbox and the system can still look good on a modern TV..

Game Boy games have consumed my interests lately.
I was never a big portable gamer as a kid and never really played much other than stuff like Mario or Pokemon.

Now that I can play GB games in HD on my TV, I have been really impressed with the quality of these games.
Many of them are Super Nintendo-like, but created late enough to look back at the legacy of 2D games and understand which game elements really work.
As other consoles totally moved on to 3D gaming by the early 2000s, Gameboy is kind of the last push of the Nintendo licensed 8 and 32bit eras.

Been trying to build up my library with more quality games.. but there is definitely a lot of bad games to sift through on the platform.
The internet told me to buy this one:

Metal Gear Solid Portable for Game Boy Color

What? A Metal Gear game on Game Boy Color? Is it any good?

I don't know yet.. but the game seems really interesting. I have only played Metal Gear Solid, but this is more akin to the Metal Gear NES days.
It looks something like this:

It's usually regarded as one of the best GBC titles out there.
Most GB games are meant to be portable, usually more akin to games on a smart phone.
This one is pretty unique in having lots of dialogue (I think a 14 minute intro) and a decent length of story.

Got a good deal on it at $20 because the save battery is dead. Since I play it on the Retron 5, I can save files to the system hardware so that doesn't really matter to me.
The game usually goes for closer to $50, so I decided to jump on it when I saw a reasonable price.

Excited to give it a try :)

Profit: $393/$368/-$25

..been to lazy to list items. I have a few things that need to sell!

Apr 9 2018 06:38am
sold nights into dreams for $25
Sold virtua tennis for $7.50

$393/$400.5/$7.50
Gold: 6,500.00
Apr 15 2018 12:14am
Keep this going :)
Gold: 0.01
Apr 20 2018 03:42am
This thread is awesome.

Definitely gonna track.
Apr 20 2018 01:45pm
Quote (Extz @ Apr 15 2018 12:14am)
Keep this going :)

Quote (Ruthless187g @ Apr 20 2018 03:42am)
This thread is awesome.

Definitely gonna track.

Thanks guys. I sometimes get too lazy to post and need some motivation :)

The disc reader on my Wii has been failing :(
I decided to pick up a little Wii lot on Craigslist for $30

Came with consoles and component cables (and wii sensor bar too... don't know why it didn't make it in the photo)

MarioKart Wii for Wii
House of the Dead: Overkill for Wii

MarioKart Wii is probably my favorite of the Mariokart series, although 8 is damn good.
Already have the game and will resell the one

HotD: Overkill is a game I've never played and it's... uh, a little too much for me.

I love arcade shooters, and there are a lot of great ones for the Wii,
It does a great job for some arcade fun, but throws in this story line with the worst campy horror movie-type dialogue and is overly vulgar.
Maybe if you are 17 this game seems edgy and cool, but the dialogue just makes me cringe and takes away from the game. I would've liked a more faithful arcade port.
Oh well, it is a decently sought after Wii game and not necessarily a bad one!

Wii Play for Wii
Sega Bass Fishing for Wii

Wii play is some standard shovel ware. I think the Wii gets a bad wrap because of the numerous boring titles that flood the system.
At least the pool game on this one is okay... pretty average but far from the worst on the system.

I am a Sega arcade-style fanboy. I play RPGs more than any other type game, but more often than not I only have ~30 minutes to kill and love games like this.
I remember playing this game on the Dreamcast at a friends house as a kid and being blown away by the motion controls of the Dreamcast fishing rod controller.
I'm biased from nostalgia, but I think this game ported to the wii motion controls quite well! :)

Nice little bundle for $30.

The time to buy for Wii is now!
As well as the system sold, there are so many great games that got overlooked. I think Wii games that are creative and use the motion controls well will hold their value better in a few years more than Xbox360 and PS3.
Games are cheap right now too!

Profit: $423/$400/-$23

This post was edited by MrDestroyer on Apr 20 2018 01:53pm
Apr 20 2018 01:48pm
Sold MarioKart Wii for $17
Sold Sonic Mega Collection Plus for $6

Profit: $423/$423/$0
Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Prev15678946Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll