d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Justice League New Director > Zach Snyder Leaves Hires Joss Whedon
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
May 23 2017 09:31pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 23 2017 09:47pm)
V for Vendetta - One of my all time favorites
Red - Pretty fucking entertaining, better than most the shit Marvel puts out
and I also liked Constantine. It's not a great movie, but I love Reeves, I don't know why. I know he's a terrible and an emotionless actor, but something about him just fucking works for me.

Then we've got Nolan's Batman Triology (Begins/Dark Knight are two of the best superhero movies ever made, Rises was very fucking mediocre though), Watchmen and then I even enjoyed a few of the Burton Batman films (cheesy as fuck, but entertaining still and decent for the era), make it pretty close for me on the DC/Marvel thing. I thought the Dark Knight would be hands down the best superhero movie we'd ever see. I saw that movie three times in theaters, and I don't regret it at all. Then Marvel comes back and fucking KILLS it with Logan. I loved every single second of that film from start to finish, it was fantastic.

What has Marvel done that's actually been decent-great?

Logan - Arguably the best superhero movie
Iron Man 1 - RJD was the perfect casting choice and while 2/3 blew dogs for quarters, the start of this was amazing, and that was even with a fucking terrible villain.
Spider-Man 1 & 2 are debatable. I liked them as a kid, but have re-watched them and don't feel that they hold up at all. The third was a fucking travesty.
Guardians of the Galaxy - I thoroughly enjoyed this movie - Haven't seen the second one yet, so I can't speak on it. Heard it was lackluster as sequels usually are.
Ant-Man - I don't know if this was actually good, or if my expectations were just soooo fucking low that it ended up being a somewhat enjoyable movie. I liked it okay.
X-Men 1/2, First Class and Days of Future Past - I recently watched 1/2 again and I feel like they hold up. First Class and DoFP are fucking fantastic. Once again, the third one sucks. They really need to just fucking stop at 2 with these things. Every single time they try to do one of my all-time favorite comic book villains, they fuck it up so hard. Apocalypse was always a favorite of mine as a kid, him, Mr. Sinister, and Onslaught.
Blade 1/2 - I love the first one. Loved it as a kid and always will. I also always like seeing Dorff in anything, another guy I just like. Second one is a bad movie, but another bad movie that I just enjoy for w/e reason.
Spider-Man Reboot - First one was actually entertaining. I thought they did a MUCH better job of portraying the Spider-Man persona accurately. Second one was a bomb.
Deadpool - Was better than I expected, 7/10

That's all that's coming to me off the top of my head for decent-great, everything else I can think of has been fucking terrible.

Both franchises have had more bad than good, but I think they're not as far apart as some people think. I'm a HUGE Marvel fanboy, always have been and always will be. I never had any DC comics as a kid and a good friend of mine had thousands of Marvel comics. I'd sit at his house and we'd just read for hours. I got hooked and fell in love with the stories and the characters. I've read plenty of DC as an adult and DC resonates more with me as an adult, but nostalgia just always wins out for me. That being said, I respect that DC does random as shit like graphic novels or for characters you wouldn't necessarily would translate to the big screen that well, V. I wish marvel would keep taking shots at darker content. The success with Logan should have them exploring that a bit more now.

You just named so many quality movies lol... All dc has is Batman and watchmen. The rest of their shit is worse than marvels bad movies.
Marvel is Godlike
Gold: Locked
May 23 2017 09:40pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ May 23 2017 11:31pm)
You just named so many quality movies lol... All dc has is Batman and watchmen. The rest of their shit is worse than marvels bad movies.
Marvel is Godlike

Edit: I am looking forward to the new spidey movie a lot. I hope I enjoy it. Tom Holland seems like a pretty dam good fit imo
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 23 2017 09:46pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 23 2017 06:30pm)
I don't understand why Amazing Spiderman gets so much hate, I think they were better than the 2000 Spiderman movies.

Lots of people say they think the second one was the best but I honestly can't see why. It has a really well cast doc oct and that's it. The rest of the movie is just Peter being a giant whiney bitch. So much so that even his powers were like fuck it we're out, peace. I mean that's the only reason I understand as to why his powers vanished, the reason the movie gave was so much more idiotic.

Even the second one? I liked the first one more than the original spider-man and the sequel, but I thought the second Amazing Spider-Man was better than the 3rd Spider-Man, but not by much.

Quote (chelsea11 @ May 23 2017 07:31pm)
Marvel is Godlike

That's the point... I named every quality Marvel/DC movie I could think of lol. DC we've got the following.

V for Vendetta
Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy - Which is a better trilogy than anything Marvel has done, by a huge margin.
The original Tim Burton Batman movies, which were awesome
Watchmen
Red
And Constantine

Marvel's put out more, but most of their's have been mediocre. Nolan, V, Watchmen, and the first 2 Batman movies are all awesome and as good as anything Marvel has done. With the exception of maybe Logan and Days of Future Past, which only the Dark Knight beats out.

Volume doesn't automatically mean that it's the better of the two. Once again, I'm a huge marvel fanboy, but I can respect that both companies have come out with plenty of good movies and plenty of bad ones.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 23 2017 09:50pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll