d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Fantasy Talk
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 21 2017 12:51am
Quote (MilkMaid @ May 20 2017 05:42pm)
If I have the top 1-4 picks I'm going rb first. Later in the 1st round I'm going WR unless there is a stud rb sitting.

Who is your 4th ranked rb? Obviously zeke, Johnson and bell, but who next? I don't really see anyone else in their tier.. possibly shady or howard strictly due to volume and pass catching..

If I don't have top 3 I am going stud wr with hopes of catching shady, howard, hyde on the back end of the second.

As for QBs, I have never selected one earlier than the 7th round. It's a waste in my opinion. Thoughts?
Gold: 0.00
May 22 2017 04:12am
Quote (KNasty @ May 21 2017 02:51am)
Who is your 4th ranked rb? Obviously zeke, Johnson and bell, but who next? I don't really see anyone else in their tier.. possibly shady or howard strictly due to volume and pass catching..

If I don't have top 3 I am going stud wr with hopes of catching shady, howard, hyde on the back end of the second.

As for QBs, I have never selected one earlier than the 7th round. It's a waste in my opinion. Thoughts?

Yep. Wait on a qb for sure.

As for picks I agree with your strat. The people who say I need to go rb wr wr rb or whatever are messing up. You go best player available. Just limits your talent so much in the long run going by position
May 22 2017 01:31pm
Used draft wizard just to mess around. 12 man standard here is how my draft went at the 8 spot:

Aj green
Jay ajayi
Spencer ware
Jordan reed
Ty Montgomery
Moncrief
Rob Kelley
Brandon Marshall
Ben roethlisberger
Kareem hunt
Oj Howard
Donta foreman
Justin tucker
Patriots def
Josh doctson

Don't like the 8 spot at all. Ideally I want too 3 to get one of the backs. If not I want top 7 to get one of the top receivers or 12th.
May 22 2017 01:44pm
12th pick this time. Love this team's boom or bust. Could see this actually doing well if the right guys hit... first or last

Jordan Howard
Leonard fournette - chose him over gurley and Demarco Murray
Christian McCaffrey
Jordan reed
Julian Edelman
Joe mixon
Larry fitz
Brandon Marshall
Cam Meredith
Davante Parker
Oj Howard
Joe Williams
Eli
Tucker
Giants def
May 22 2017 04:44pm
Quote (TUAlumni @ May 22 2017 01:44pm)
12th pick this time. Love this team's boom or bust. Could see this actually doing well if the right guys hit... first or last

Jordan Howard
Leonard fournette - chose him over gurley and Demarco Murray
Christian McCaffrey
Jordan reed
Julian Edelman
Joe mixon
Larry fitz
Brandon Marshall
Cam Meredith
Davante Parker
Oj Howard
Joe Williams
Eli
Tucker
Giants def

Is this in order? If so, that manning pick third to last is great. Also like the OJ Howard pick.

May 23 2017 04:30am
Quote (KNasty @ May 22 2017 06:44pm)
Is this in order? If so, that manning pick third to last is great. Also like the OJ Howard pick.

Yeah it's in order. Draft wizard is cool man. Not entirely accurate but you can mock in 3 minutes and don't have to worry about everyone leaving a draft after round 2.

Sure a lot will change between now and the draft though
May 23 2017 06:16am
Quote (TUAlumni @ May 23 2017 04:30am)
Yeah it's in order. Draft wizard is cool man. Not entirely accurate but you can mock in 3 minutes and don't have to worry about everyone leaving a draft after round 2.

Sure a lot will change between now and the draft though

I've used draft wizard in the past. I like using it early on for the reason you stated, too many people this early get their first rounder and then leave.

Once it gets closer and people actually stick around for the mock, I tend to shy away from wizard.

Gold: 13,750.00
May 23 2017 08:15am
zeke, DJ and bell have to be the top 3 picks or you're playing a league of degenerates

after that i could see taking a WR like brown or odel

honestly though, RB is invaluable this year with the committees

i like shady (if he stays healthy) since they got rid of gilislee

not sold on murray, henry is a stud and will eventually get touches

gurley is on a dogshit team, but he's all they've got. wouldn't waste a top 5 on him, but definitely a workhorse back still

May 23 2017 08:22am
Quote (stuartg85 @ May 23 2017 08:15am)
zeke, DJ and bell have to be the top 3 picks or you're playing a league of degenerates

after that i could see taking a WR like brown or odel

honestly though, RB is invaluable this year with the committees

i like shady (if he stays healthy) since they got rid of gilislee

not sold on murray, henry is a stud and will eventually get touches

gurley is on a dogshit team, but he's all they've got. wouldn't waste a top 5 on him, but definitely a workhorse back still

Those have been the consensus top 3 for a while. I would take Zeke over Bell, but that's just me. I would rank them DJ, Zeke, Bell.

I would take Julio over Brown, but that is just my personal preference. With Martavis back, he might diminish Brown's value just a bit. Julio is an all around threat... I am high on Shady, and like you said if he can stay healthy. Howard should produces again this year. I don't want to touch Murray. I would rather have Gurley over him primarily due to volume.
Gold: 3,500.80
May 23 2017 08:25am
Is tymont really that high on the board for most people? In ppr he would be a nice flex option but do people realize we have 5 RBs going into camp? Literally drafted 3 a month ago
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll