d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile >
Poll > Have You Personally Cleared All The Content? > Gauging Jsp
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Apr 23 2017 10:05am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Apr 23 2017 11:04am)
why didn't he logout the moment he dropped to < 5 fps.. my lord why even risk that

Hubris.
Gold: 1,070.00
Apr 23 2017 10:10am
Quote (CMBurns @ 23 Apr 2017 12:04)
I'm kind of adamant about doing all content in a game.

When I made the Stampede the build, I was kind of bummed it couldn't do 2 of the 4 guardians and shaper/atziri/uber because of the limitations of a vaal skill as a boss killing skill. But the vast majority of my other PvE characters are able to do all content.

JSP has always been ahead of the curve in terms of player skill for pretty much every game it supports as Sh00p said. You don't just stumble upon jsp. So our polls do not represent the general player base. Even a reddit strawpoll with massively more votes wouldn't represent the community well enough. People who constantly browse the PoE reddit have a vested interest in the game that urges them to read and learn about the game outside of their actual playtime. Those players will tend to be better than your real average player too.

Oh, I know the poll wasn't going to represent the general player base. The purpose of the poll was to identify which part of the base are we -- It's more to prove that we are in fact ahead of the curve.

I completely agree with the reddit comment as well. They are more invested and better players in general. With that knowledge... we can conclude... really only GGG's true statistics of ALL players equally can gauge how "good" each player is.

----

The point of this thread was to prove that we are in fact above most players (woo elitists), educate our forum to this knowledge, and then re-visit the other discussion "like the fixing clear speed meta" know that we are among the players that can complete all of the game,

but now knowing that we are among the 1% that can -- thus how do we "fix" the game for ourselves without ruining it for the noobs.

B)
Apr 23 2017 10:12am
Quote (Ctrain2 @ Apr 23 2017 11:10am)
Oh, I know the poll wasn't going to represent the general player base. The purpose of the poll was to identify which part of the base are we -- It's more to prove that we are in fact ahead of the curve.

I completely agree with the reddit comment as well. They are more invested and better players in general. With that knowledge... we can conclude... really only GGG's true statistics of ALL players equally can gauge how "good" each player is.

----

The point of this thread was to prove that we are in fact above most players (woo elitists), educate our forum to this knowledge, and then re-visit the other discussion "like the fixing clear speed meta" know that we are among the players that can complete all of the game,

but now knowing that we are among the 1% that can -- thus how do we "fix" the game for ourselves without ruining it for the noobs.

B)

Considering it's JSP I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the peeps that live in the trade forums get carried through end-game content by having insane amounts of gear compared to the average player.
Apr 23 2017 10:17am
Quote (DCSS @ 23 Apr 2017 12:12)
Considering it's JSP I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the peeps that live in the trade forums get carried through end-game content by having insane amounts of gear compared to the average player.

Funny you should say that... This is EXACTLY how I play the game.

Over time I have built enough wealth / success to transfer said wealth and success through each league into the next via jsp. I can clear content not because I am mechanically good at the game, but because I can over-compensate my lack of ability with ridiculously good gear.
Apr 23 2017 10:22am
Quote (Ctrain2 @ Apr 23 2017 11:17am)
Funny you should say that... This is EXACTLY how I play the game.

Over time I have built enough wealth / success to transfer said wealth and success through each league into the next via jsp. I can clear content not because I am mechanically good at the game, but because I can over-compensate my lack of ability with ridiculously good gear.

Sounds like you need a healthy dose of ethical SSF :thumbsup:
Apr 23 2017 10:31am
Quote (DCSS @ 23 Apr 2017 12:22)
Sounds like you need a healthy dose of ethical SSF :thumbsup:

Fuck. That.

I don't want to be a caveman again...
Gold: 8.00
Apr 23 2017 10:35am
Quote (CMBurns @ Apr 23 2017 11:04am)
I'm kind of adamant about doing all content in a game.

When I made the Stampede the build, I was kind of bummed it couldn't do 2 of the 4 guardians and shaper/atziri/uber because of the limitations of a vaal skill as a boss killing skill. But the vast majority of my other PvE characters are able to do all content.

JSP has always been ahead of the curve in terms of player skill for pretty much every game it supports as Sh00p said. You don't just stumble upon jsp. So our polls do not represent the general player base. Even a reddit strawpoll with massively more votes wouldn't represent the community well enough. People who constantly browse the PoE reddit have a vested interest in the game that urges them to read and learn about the game outside of their actual playtime. Those players will tend to be better than your real average player too.

Well said burns well said

This post was edited by supersage on Apr 23 2017 10:35am
Gold: 1,705.43
Apr 23 2017 11:00am
I generally don't make boss killing builds (gimme those vaal skills), so everything except Shaper.
Gold: 0.90
Apr 23 2017 11:37am
Cruel ledge
Gold: 489.12
Apr 23 2017 12:30pm
Cruel leadge pls nerf.
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll