d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Solving The Clearspeed Meta? > Bosses
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Apr 25 2017 01:28pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Apr 25 2017 02:19pm)
I honestly don't very much see the problem as big as others make it out to be.

I think they just should just make there be a reason to make tankier characters.

The largest issue is that as the game has evolved , the ability to dish out damage has skyrocketed while the ability to take it has not increase nowhere near the same level.

Most people find fun in just grinding maps and it's always going to be the case to clear that map as fast as you can is the ultimate goal. So the focus for most of the game is going to be to have the ability to do high damage in a fast fashion of killing monsters over a wide area.

There's a huge incentive to increase your damage and ability to do it to more monsters at a time than there is to be tanky and then you have the problem that as the amount of damage you deal increases, your tankiness will increase naturally because of the existence of instant leech.

Maybe it's time that life regeneration penalty should be removed from vaal pact so life builds can stack life regen and instant leech at the same time. ES builds would benefit from this too but the main problem is the gap of power of life vs ES has become more warped to one side over time. The downside of stun vulnerability and susceptibility to freeze and shocks used to be a real problem but now with duration flasks with shock and freeze immunity and ascendancies that outright make you immune to status ailments , the gap is completely 180 shifted.

Not sure what exactly the path is but part of me thinks the clear speed meta is here to stay. There's a reason why the population of the game has been increasing and that's because the game is becoming more tailored to the idea to simplify some elements of the game and at least for the late game , to allow the power creep easily be reached to tackle end game content , especially when it comes to clearing maps.

Clearing maps is mostly the biggest activity done in PoE and GGG has mostly streamlined this process to be way more accessible. And now people have the potential to shape an atlas or map progression that is exponentially easier than those of the past.

It has to be this way since they refuse to go back on allowing people to instantly log out of any dangerous situation which became wholly irrelevant around the time lockstep was implemented. People need to be subjected to damage spikes i.e one shots that are too fast to log out against until they change that particular design paradigm.

This post was edited by DCSS on Apr 25 2017 01:30pm
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll