d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Solving The Clearspeed Meta? > Bosses
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,465.71
Apr 22 2017 06:03pm
Example EXP
Boss XP: 1000
Rare Mob XP: 150
Magic Mob XP: 30
White Mob XP: 10
---->
Boss XP: 1000+(37.5*Rare Mob)+(7.5*Magic Mob)+(2.5*White Mob)
Rare Mob XP: 112.5
Magic Mob XP: 22.5
White Mob XP: 7.5
Basically, 25% of your experience is now into the boss per kill.

Every boss now has an optional " Hardmode " where you can attack the boss as-if you had twice as many players in the party on activation for bonus experience
This could be done with a new currency item: " Rage stone " or something along that line.
Boss drops 2 player XP for a 1 player, with 1 player loot still
This being said, you could 6 player and do the boss as if it had 12 players.
This could also be a MAP MODIFIER - which just inherently makes the boss twice as hard.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 22 2017 06:21pm
Quote (d2jspNA @ Apr 23 2017 02:03am)
Example EXP
Boss XP: 1000
Rare Mob XP: 150
Magic Mob XP: 30
White Mob XP: 10
---->
Boss XP: 1000+(37.5*Rare Mob)+(7.5*Magic Mob)+(2.5*White Mob)
Rare Mob XP: 112.5
Magic Mob XP: 22.5
White Mob XP: 7.5
Basically, 25% of your experience is now into the boss per kill.

Every boss now has an optional " Hardmode " where you can attack the boss as-if you had twice as many players in the party on activation for bonus experience
This could be done with a new currency item: " Rage stone " or something along that line.
Boss drops 2 player XP for a 1 player, with 1 player loot still
This being said, you could 6 player and do the boss as if it had 12 players.
This could also be a MAP MODIFIER - which just inherently makes the boss twice as hard.

people would do strand bosses anyway cause no real danger even when 10 times as hard :( this would probably even further the gap between the rich and the poor :(
Gold: 90.58
Apr 22 2017 08:27pm
Force someone to watch every single ProjectPT video, that'll even out the clearspeed meta pretty quick

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Apr 22 2017 08:27pm
Apr 22 2017 08:28pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Apr 23 2017 04:27am)
Force someone to watch every single ProjectPT video, that'll even out the clearspeed meta pretty quick

does pt even do poe anymore :unsure: ?
Apr 22 2017 08:32pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Apr 22 2017 06:28pm)
does pt even do poe anymore :unsure: ?

I think he's lost in WoW. Feel bad for him to be honest

Except that part where he made fun of Jonathan Roger's speech pattern on reddit was out of line (RIGHT AFTER he did an interview with him). Guy is really rude, but on a human level I cannot NOT feel bad for him. His demeanor on stream is just so depressing and ResidentSleeper

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Apr 22 2017 08:32pm
Gold: 1,975.00
Apr 22 2017 08:36pm
You wanna solve the clear speed meta, it's pretty fucking simple. Make monsters harder. Not just the boss.

Blowing through a t16 map like a nuclear bomb through a paper factory doesn't make sense. Especially if all of a sudden the boss is a challenge.

Also the difference in difficulty between t15 and t16 bosses is way too big.

Mobs in maps need to be hard, bosses need to scale up harder and guardians are too easy right now.
Apr 22 2017 08:39pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Apr 23 2017 04:32am)
I think he's lost in WoW. Feel bad for him to be honest

Except that part where he made fun of Jonathan Roger's speech pattern on reddit was out of line (RIGHT AFTER he did an interview with him). Guy is really rude, but I on a human level I cannot NOT feel bad for him. His demeanor on stream is just so depressing and ResidentSleeper

awww :cry:

well he did seem borderline antisocial though :wacko: also he kinda shot himself in the foot with all the ggg hate for their company policies :wacko: ! if ggg took the money route, he should have done the same and kept streaming poe, not trying to straighten the donkeys cock, as we say in serbia :mellow:
Apr 22 2017 08:42pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Apr 22 2017 06:36pm)
You wanna solve the clear speed meta, it's pretty fucking simple. Make monsters harder. Not just the boss.

Blowing through a t16 map like a nuclear bomb through a paper factory doesn't make sense. Especially if all of a sudden the boss is a challenge.

Also the difference in difficulty between t15 and t16 bosses is way too big.

Mobs in maps need to be hard, bosses need to scale up harder and guardians are too easy right now.

Hopefully FoO does something. Especially since they will "fix" certain mechanics (double dipping) and whatnot. It will make overall, generally harder. That's one reason why I am kind of really hyped for FoO. I know it's going to be a drastic game changer

I do disagree with your scaling suggestion. Marvel Heroes does that shit and it's fucking HORRIBLE! You never feel OP or feel like your character is progressing at all, because all monsters's HP is just scaled off your damage. Find an insane weapon? Equip it, and the monsters still take almost (just a bit faster) as long to kill.

In POE, when you find an epic weapon while leveling and equip it, you'll feel the OP of that weapon instantly while slashing mobs. Scaling ruins that feeling and I don't think it'd be a good idea.

To be fair, you did say only bosses should scale up, not mobs. So maybe you're right a flat increase of mob HP might be okay, but I'd argue definitely a no to boss scaling

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Apr 22 2017 08:42pm
Gold: 1,975.00
Apr 22 2017 08:46pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 22 Apr 2017 22:42)
Hopefully FoO does something. Especially since they will "fix" certain mechanics (double dipping) and whatnot. It will make overall, generally harder. That's one reason why I am kind of really hyped for FoO. I know it's going to be a drastic game changer

I just want to reiterate, I do disagree with your scaling suggestion. Marvel Heroes does that shit and it's fucking HORRIBLE! You never feel OP or feel like your character is progressing at all, because all monsters's HP is just scaled off your damage. Find an insane weapon? Equip it, and the monsters still take almost (just a bit faster) as long to kill.

In POE, when you find an epic weapon while leveling and equip it, you'll feel the OP of that weapon instantly while slashing mobs. Scaling ruins that feeling and I don't think it'd be a good idea.

To be fair, you did say only bosses should scale up, not mobs. So maybe you're right a flat increase of mob HP might be okay, but I'd argue definitely a no to boss scaling

I think I conveyed my message wrong. I don't mean scale according to the player's power because that's really horrible.

I mean scale in a more linear way compared to other bosses of different tiers. 1 shotting a t15 boss isn't a good feeling. You barely get to see and interact with any of its mechanics.

Same thing applies to mobs. There are some mobs that have interesting mechanics, but we power through the map so fast that they're dead before they're done animating their attack.

There would be an overall much higher game difficulty if players actually had to interact with monster mechanics more often. Indoor Spark skeletons would royally fuck people with low lightning resist, etc.

I don't mind the game massively slowing down if it means we get to actually experience it for what it is. If anything they can just increase the loot/drop rate if the game gets slowed down that much.

This post was edited by CMBurns on Apr 22 2017 08:47pm
Gold: 1,465.71
Apr 22 2017 08:58pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Apr 22 2017 08:46pm)
I think I conveyed my message wrong. I don't mean scale according to the player's power because that's really horrible.

I mean scale in a more linear way compared to other bosses of different tiers. 1 shotting a t15 boss isn't a good feeling. You barely get to see and interact with any of its mechanics.

Same thing applies to mobs. There are some mobs that have interesting mechanics, but we power through the map so fast that they're dead before they're done animating their attack.

There would be an overall much higher game difficulty if players actually had to interact with monster mechanics more often. Indoor Spark skeletons would royally fuck people with low lightning resist, etc.

I don't mind the game massively slowing down if it means we get to actually experience it for what it is. If anything they can just increase the loot/drop rate if the game gets slowed down that much.

Giving the game any challenging mechanics would also be a good start.

PoE has no boss mechanics, it's just 'dodge this shit'

Theres no interaction between the boss and the player besides whailing on eachother.

In Torchlight u had to do real shit, like progress into a boss phase instead of hitting an HP threshold.

Turn all the valves while preventing the boss from executing the bus full of cheerleaders, then forcing the boss to not press the button that makes him win.
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll