d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Suddenly More Ppl Buying Than Selling On Sc Legacy
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Apr 18 2017 07:10am
Eh really playing the game like crazy just to flip seems like more effort than it's worth for only $5000 a month 2-4 times a year (depending on league start schedules). Unless you're not even playing just letting bots play the game for you, in that way I would say PoE botting is basically the new bitcoin mining; pays for the electric bills it costs with interest. :P

In some parts of the world this is definitely a viable way to make a living though, but even if you could get $5000 every single month this way it would only be like half a decent salary in san fran :bonk:

Just enjoy the game imo

This post was edited by DCSS on Apr 18 2017 07:12am
Gold: 170.00
Apr 18 2017 07:23am
Quote (DCSS @ Apr 18 2017 08:10am)
Eh really playing the game like crazy just to flip seems like more effort than it's worth for only $5000 a month 2-4 times a year (depending on league start schedules). Unless you're not even playing just letting bots play the game for you, in that way I would say PoE botting is basically the new bitcoin mining; pays for the electric bills it costs with interest. :P

In some parts of the world this is definitely a viable way to make a living though, but even if you could get $5000 every single month this way it would only be like half a decent salary in san fran :bonk:

Just enjoy the game imo

you must be very detached from the average person if you think 60k usd per year (tax free) is 'half decent' ^^

its not 'in some parts of the world' that this is good... i would go ahead and reverse that and say 'in some parts of the world this isnt good'

Apr 18 2017 07:30am
I mean rent alone in a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in ashbury gonna run you around $4k a month.. doesn't leave you with much wiggle room. I don't know what kind of time you're sinking into this, because if it's full-time you might end up like those esports fellas that don't have any prospects outside of the game dropped out of school etc. You aren't building a portofolio or marketable skills here. I'm not criticizing just looking out for you. I'm also not saying 60k a year is bad, if you live out in the rural south or midwest or even up in san jose cali that's decent scratch, but it's still not something that you are going to be able to do forever or build a 401k on. I wish all the best for you, if I was in your shoes I'd dump most of that into savings and get into a nice school.
Apr 18 2017 07:34am
Quote (DCSS @ Apr 18 2017 08:30am)
I mean rent alone in a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in ashbury gonna run you around $4k a month.. doesn't leave you with much wiggle room. I don't know what kind of time you're sinking into this, because if it's full-time you might end up like those esports fellas that don't have any prospects outside of the game dropped out of school etc. You aren't building a portofolio or marketable skills here. I'm not criticizing just looking out for you. I'm also not saying 60k a year is bad, if you live out in the rural south or midwest or even up in san jose cali that's decent scratch, but it's still not something that you are going to be able to do forever or build a 401k on. I wish all the best for you, if I was in your shoes I'd dump most of that into savings and get into a nice school.

well to give you an idea in most parts of the world your rent is under 1000usd a month... maybe youre just so stuck in your 'san fran' lifestyle that you cant see the bigger picture. (ofcourse we're talking about rents here, not owning a house)

for exemple im moving to a 2bedroom+ kitchen+living room+bathroom apartment next month and its only costing me 600CAD per month (canadian dollars... 600cad is around 450usd) and no its not in some sort of ghetto lol

This post was edited by NumbSouls on Apr 18 2017 07:37am
Apr 18 2017 07:38am
It's just that if you're doing this full time you're setting yourself up for a rude awakening, it's damn hard to get a real job with that kind of gap in your work history.. like I said wish you all the best with whatever your plans are after this gravy train ends. Playing PoE to the point where ur making that much a month just doesn't sound healthy to me.

It's a fun game for fun that's all it really should be

This post was edited by DCSS on Apr 18 2017 07:39am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2017 07:40am
Quote (NumbSouls @ Apr 18 2017 07:23am)
you must be very detached from the average person if you think 60k usd per year (tax free) is 'half decent' ^^

its not 'in some parts of the world' that this is good... i would go ahead and reverse that and say 'in some parts of the world this isnt good'

Tax free lol. Try spending that money on meaningful things without raising attention you would look like a drug dealer on paper to the IRS. And also transaction log with net loss does not equal 5k$ in your bank account. There are tons of flippers out there with similar transaction logs but usually there in the black.
Apr 18 2017 07:41am
Quote (DCSS @ Apr 18 2017 08:38am)
It's just that if you're doing this full time you're setting yourself up for a rude awakening, it's damn hard to get a real job with that kind of gap in your work history.. like I said wish you all the best with whatever your plans are after this gravy train ends. Playing PoE to the point where ur making that much a month just doesn't sound healthy to me.

It's a fun game for fun that's all it really should be

when poe dies it will just be another arpg or mmo... its been going on for over a decade now.i do get your point, obviously having a usefull college degree and work experience would be better, but some people dont really have that chance or those goals in life :)

Quote (Jurikeh @ Apr 18 2017 08:40am)
Tax free lol. Try spending that money on meaningful things without raising attention you would look like a drug dealer on paper to the IRS. And also transaction log with net loss does not equal 5k$ in your bank account. There are tons of flippers out there with similar transaction logs but usually there in the black.

exept i dont flip... all the 'fg in' is exalts ive 'generated' out of nothing and sold for fg and all the fg 'out' is buying mtgo tix or exalts that are going straight into rmt at a 90-110fg:1usd ratio...

plus that doesnt include the tons of exalts that went straight into RMT without touching d2jsp. Haters will doubt or hate like you do and the real guys will shut the fuck up like i shoud do... :ph34r:

This post was edited by NumbSouls on Apr 18 2017 07:43am
Gold: 696.85
Apr 18 2017 07:43am
Quote (NumbSouls @ Apr 18 2017 09:34am)
well to give you an idea in most parts of the world your rent is under 1000usd a month... maybe youre just so stuck in your 'san fran' lifestyle that you cant see the bigger picture. (ofcourse we're talking about rents here, not owning a house)

for exemple im moving to a 2bedroom+ kitchen+living room+bathroom apartment next month and its only costing me 600CAD per month (canadian dollars... 600cad is around 450usd) and no its not in some sort of ghetto lol

1 bedroom apartment where I live is over 1k usd
Apr 18 2017 07:44am
Quote (wampled @ Apr 18 2017 08:43am)
1 bedroom apartment where I live is over 1k usd

here its well under 400usd ^^ and im not even in a underdeveloped country, im in a suburb in canada
Gold: 104.00
Apr 19 2017 07:02pm
If I made a program that nets me 5,000 a month it means I'm uneducated and living in the slums?
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll