d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Exessive Spending By Trump Admin On Holidays
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 11 2017 04:37pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Apr 11 2017 05:11pm)
Fake news.

Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 11 2017 04:49pm
Quote (southpark247 @ Apr 11 2017 01:09am)
Suprised no one is talking about this serious waste
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/02/22/trumps-family-trips-cost-taxpayers-nearly-as-much-in-a-month-as-obamas-cost-in-a-whole-year/

Also thoughts on whom should be footing the bill for seprate sleeping arangments fornthe first lady

That's because this non-issue was shot down a month ago when it came up then. Were you crying about the 100 million for Obama's aircraft carrier security service for his trip to Africa costed? I doubt it. But you know who wasn't complaining? Me, and I hate government waste. You know what's not a waste? Maintaining security for the President of the United States, regardless of his party. His wife wasn't elected, she is under no obligation to live at the White House. That doesn't mean that she shouldn't have Secret Service protection, since she could be used as a weapon against her husband in a hostage situation.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 11 2017 05:01pm
Quote (Santara @ Apr 11 2017 05:49pm)
That's because this non-issue was shot down a month ago when it came up then. Were you crying about the 100 million for Obama's aircraft carrier security service for his trip to Africa costed? I doubt it. But you know who wasn't complaining? Me, and I hate government waste. You know what's not a waste? Maintaining security for the President of the United States, regardless of his party. His wife wasn't elected, she is under no obligation to live at the White House. That doesn't mean that she shouldn't have Secret Service protection, since she could be used as a weapon against her husband in a hostage situation.

You've got a point... but the insane costs of an Africa trip that the former 3 presidents have taken doesn't exactly excuse the current president going to Florida practically every weekend. I'm glad Melania and Barron are coming to the White House when the new school year starts though...

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 11 2017 05:03pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Gold: 45.00
Apr 12 2017 01:11am
Quote (Santara @ Apr 11 2017 05:49pm)

so you're fine with him raising the price for him to visit his own resort and going there weekly? I could care less about trips to other countries to deal with int issues but going to play gold weekly ur ok with that?
Gold: 3,047.00
Apr 12 2017 01:22am
are we going to have this thread every weekend? there is a big difference between flying in the United States in the course of job and flying to AFRICA on VACATION. we can also stop pretending the President is being charged millions of dollars to golf, that's just stupid. if you are going to make this thread at least provide financial reports disclosing the MILLIONS of dollars instead of linking some bullshit buzzfeed smear article. the cost of security detail is another poor excuse because all Presidents have security 24/7 no matter where they go and are getting paid.
Gold: 45.00
Apr 12 2017 01:23am
Quote (terry @ Apr 12 2017 02:22am)
are we going to have this thread every weekend? there is a big difference between flying in the United States in the course of job and flying to AFRICA on VACATION. we can also stop pretending the President is being charged millions of dollars to golf, that's just stupid. if you are going to make this thread at least provide financial reports disclosing the MILLIONS of dollars instead of linking some bullshit buzzfeed smear article. the cost of security detail is another poor excuse because all Presidents have security 24/7 no matter where they go and are getting paid.

so forbes = buzzfeed, i yet to see any work be done during the weekend vacations

and since trump gave obama shit for golfing he should be paying 100% of costs for said trips

This post was edited by southpark247 on Apr 12 2017 01:25am
Gold: 3,047.00
Apr 12 2017 01:32am
Quote (southpark247 @ Apr 12 2017 03:23am)
so forbes = buzzfeed, i yet to see any work be done during the weekend vacations

and since trump gave obama shit for golfing he should be paying 100% of costs for said trips

it's actually worse than buzzfeed

Forbes.com uses a "contributor model" in which a wide network of "contributors" writes and publishes articles directly on the website.[26] Contributors are paid based on traffic to their Forbes.com pages; the site has received contributions from over 2,500 individuals, and some contributors have earned over US$100,000, according to the company.[26] Forbes currently allows advertisers to publish blog posts on its website alongside regular editorial content through a program called BrandVoice, which accounts for more than 10 percent its digital revenue.[27] Forbes.com also publishes subscription investment newsletters, and an online guide to web sites, Best of the Web.

the article was written to receive the most traffic to the site by some random person with no sources and no credibility
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 12 2017 04:06am
Quote (southpark247 @ Apr 12 2017 02:11am)
so you're fine with him raising the price for him to visit his own resort and going there weekly? I could care less about trips to other countries to deal with int issues but going to play gold weekly ur ok with that?

You should try reading what I wrote, not what I didn't.

Obama's trip to Africa wasn't "dealing with international issues," he was on vacation.
Gold: 152.00
Apr 12 2017 04:17am
Quote (Santara @ Apr 12 2017 06:06am)
You should try reading what I wrote, not what I didn't.

Obama's trip to Africa wasn't "dealing with international issues," he was on vacation.

The real annoyance is Trump's hypocrisy, constantly ranting on Twitter about how Obama is scum for how much his vacations cost taxpayers, yet now as president he is costing taxpayers far more.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll