d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Do You Believe In And Why?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.20
Mar 25 2017 10:22pm
I don't know shit so I don't make claims
Gold: 152.00
Mar 25 2017 10:27pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Mar 25 2017 07:50pm)
I believe in liberal IceMage.

One of us. One of us.
Gold: 109.01
Mar 25 2017 10:31pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 25 2017 10:32pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Mar 25 2017 06:22pm)
I don't know shit so I don't make claims

truth brother :thumbsup:
Gold: 40.64
Mar 25 2017 11:53pm
I am skeptical and agnostic. Because there is many things that are unknown and perhaps unknowable.

"Why..." are questions that a human ponders. I do not believe the universe is here for us or for any singular purpose. So questions of "why" are largely philosophical, and irrelevant in the context of the universe.

I think the meaning of life is whatever a person decides it is. Personally I think on a basic level that the meaning of life is to live.

A more interesting question I think is "How...", which often leaves more questions than answers. But there is patterns we can observe. I think science is currently the best tool we have for understanding how the universe works. There are truths in chemistry.
Gold: 11,700.00
Mar 26 2017 05:09am
Quote (LazyDazy @ 26 Mar 2017 00:38)
what do you believe in and why?
why do you ask w/o giving your opinion?
are you an atheist or a theist?
neither
What is the meaning of life?
from a biological viewpoint: to procreate
Why is there a Universe?
because
Why are we here?
because of some biological activity
Why are You here?
same as last

maybe your questions are poorly formulated :unsure:

when it comes to believing, there is not much i believe in because i prefer knowing
with perhaps one exception
i believe in the feelings of the ones i love towards me, because i want to

This post was edited by brmv on Mar 26 2017 05:11am
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 26 2017 07:09am
Absolutely nothing.

I believe that, if you are a scientist with any kind of self-awareness, you know that you cannot be atheist or theist. There is simply no information about how the universe was created, and even if we figure this out, it'll only mean that the new question will be: What set this creating force in motion?

In other words;
1. Current question: What created the universe?
2. Someone proves that X created the universe.
3. New question: What created X?
Rinse and repeat. You can even boil this down to questions like "Why does electric charge exist?", "Why does gravity exist?", "What causes particles to have a mass?", etc. Every answer always immediately poses a new question.

Most of all, I hate theists for completely denying this paradox. They say God created the universe, which is fine, but they entirely refuse to even think about what has created God. Instead, they come up with bullshit such as "Before God created time, there was no concept of 'before' and 'after'. So, there is nothing that came before God, for 'before God' is an incorrect way to think about it."

I also hate pseudo-scientists who think that the theory of evolution explains the biogenesis. Truth is, evolution has nothing to do with biogenesis, and we have practically no viable theories for how the first life forms came to be.

I find these things very interesting to think about, but at the same time I'm completely comfortable with knowing that there will never be an answer.

This post was edited by Leevee on Mar 26 2017 07:10am
Gold: 119,903.34
Mar 26 2017 07:53am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

This is mostly how I feel.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 26 2017 07:59am
Quote (Leevee @ Mar 26 2017 03:09am)
Absolutely nothing.

I believe that, if you are a scientist with any kind of self-awareness, you know that you cannot be atheist or theist. There is simply no information about how the universe was created, and even if we figure this out, it'll only mean that the new question will be: What set this creating force in motion?

In other words;
1. Current question: What created the universe?
2. Someone proves that X created the universe.
3. New question: What created X?
Rinse and repeat. You can even boil this down to questions like "Why does electric charge exist?", "Why does gravity exist?", "What causes particles to have a mass?", etc. Every answer always immediately poses a new question.

Most of all, I hate theists for completely denying this paradox. They say God created the universe, which is fine, but they entirely refuse to even think about what has created God. Instead, they come up with bullshit such as "Before God created time, there was no concept of 'before' and 'after'. So, there is nothing that came before God, for 'before God' is an incorrect way to think about it."

I also hate pseudo-scientists who think that the theory of evolution explains the biogenesis. Truth is, evolution has nothing to do with biogenesis, and we have practically no viable theories for how the first life forms came to be.

I find these things very interesting to think about, but at the same time I'm completely comfortable with knowing that there will never be an answer.

so Atheist - who hates himself for being an atheist :rofl:

Explains why you hate that Flat Earth, because it reveals that there is an answer and you're simply deluded.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Mar 26 2017 08:09am
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 26 2017 08:21am
Quote (card_sultan @ Mar 26 2017 03:59pm)
so Atheist - who hates himself for being an atheist :rofl:

Explains why you hate that Flat Earth, because it reveals that there is an answer and you're simply deluded.

I have in no way implied that I believe there is no God. I didn't say it's not possible; I said it's not possible for us to know.

This type of responses is a great display of how incapable you are of rational logic. If you're unable to tell "You cannot know for sure whether it's true or not" apart from "I know it's not true", you really shouldn't be spending time in PaRD. But then again, this is something we all know about you.

This post was edited by Leevee on Mar 26 2017 08:26am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll