d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Comey Testifies
Prev112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 161.98
Mar 24 2017 01:13pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 24 2017 03:04pm)
That Sanders statement is widely viewed as a political blunder, as most people, especially those on the fence, cared enormously about her emails and the fact she was under federal investigation. It's impossible to know it's effect with certainty, but I think it's worth considering her Vegas odds plummeted just after the announcement iirc.

she had so many issues leading up to the actual election. her health questions, her integrity questions, podesta questions (lol), murder and kidnapping allegations, so many suspicious accusations on the internets and alt media really cast doubt on her ability to lead for four years. particularly i think she lost a lot of the younger vote because of the internet warfare on youtube and commentary websites
Gold: 152.00
Mar 24 2017 02:35pm
Quote (crimsonmoons @ Mar 24 2017 02:13pm)
she had so many issues leading up to the actual election. her health questions, her integrity questions, podesta questions (lol), murder and kidnapping allegations, so many suspicious accusations on the internets and alt media really cast doubt on her ability to lead for four years. particularly i think she lost a lot of the younger vote because of the internet warfare on youtube and commentary websites

There of course were other concerns, but the email leak was the biggest issue between both candidates by a landslide.
Gold: 500.00
Mar 24 2017 03:00pm
Quote (crimsonmoons @ Mar 24 2017 02:13pm)

There was also the problem of having ovaries instead of testicles
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 24 2017 03:00pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 24 2017 02:35pm)
There of course were other concerns, but the email leak was the biggest issue between both candidates by a landslide.

Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 24 2017 01:04pm)
That Sanders statement is widely viewed as a political blunder, as most people, especially those on the fence, cared enormously about her emails and the fact she was under federal investigation. It's impossible to know it's effect with certainty, but I think it's worth considering her Vegas odds plummeted just after the announcement iirc.

No, they really weren't. The defining theme of the election was a burned out electorate who stopped giving a shit, and regarded it as the shiniest of two turds. People didn't care about Hillary's emails because they just took it as a given that she was tarnished goods. Her trust numbers, if they can even be said to exist, reflect that, because they were dramatically lower than her actual level of support, showing even those willing to vote for her had no faith in her. One more reason to distrust her is just like piling one more pussy-grab onto trump: It accomplished nothing, because it was overkill and affected a weakness that had already been hollowed out.

The democrats lost because they made horrible tactical blunders and ran a widely hated candidate. Their campaign reeked of having been focus-group tested with a bunch of californians chosen for their diversity. Their two biggest artificial silver bullets to try to kill trump were an angry muslim man and a clip of him saying some women want to be fondled by rich and powerful men. That sure really radicalized the already radical left wingers against trump, but boy oh boy did she abandon the rust belt, abandon the white working class, even forfeit a chunk of latinos. Because the kind of guy who gets home from a job building a house and cracks open a beer and watches Vince McMahon get his head shaved by Donald Trump in the middle of the ring isn't going to suddenly be swayed by identity politics, and if anything, finds trump more relatable and trustworthy. After all, what he said about grabbing women by the pussy wasn't just true, it was the kind of thing they could see themselves saying among other guys. Trump painted himself as the kind of billionaire the common man imagines he'd be if he got rich, and the democrats, being morons, did it too instead of painting him as as a robber baron or soulless oligarch.

If Clinton had any trust credibility left going into the general election, it was obliterated by the wikileaks showing she cheated to beat Bernie with direct collusion, not just with superdelegates. Any hope of transferring over Bernie's groundswell of momentum was lost with that and with it, pretty much any hope of winning the election. And she can blame Bernie for tearing apart her general election ambitions with the contentious primary- even though he ran it so positive, and bent over and let her buttfuck him with a strap-on when it was done- and she can blame the russian hackers or Putin, or she can blame Comey or let Donna Brazile and DWS and let them fall on their swords claiming responsibility, but the blame rested entirely with HRC and the DNC. They made every bad decision, tried to shit on the electorate and steal the win and run the most cynical, manipulative and debased campaign in american history (which is truly saying something, because I do have the historical perspective of our founding fathers being assholes to each other), and all they got for it was a pie to the face when they elected a clown

This post was edited by Goomshill on Mar 24 2017 03:11pm
Banned
Gold: 161.98
Mar 24 2017 03:14pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 24 2017 05:00pm)
No, they really weren't. The defining theme of the election was a burned out electorate who stopped giving a shit, and regarded it as the shiniest of two turds. People didn't care about Hillary's emails because they just took it as a given that she was tarnished goods. Her trust numbers, if they can even be said to exist, reflect that, because they were dramatically lower than her actual level of support, showing even those willing to vote for her had no faith in her. One more reason to distrust her is just like piling one more pussy-grab onto trump: It accomplished nothing, because it was overkill and affected a weakness that had already been hollowed out.

The democrats lost because they made horrible tactical blunders and ran a widely hated candidate. Their campaign reeked of having been focus-group tested with a bunch of californians chosen for their diversity. Their two biggest artificial silver bullets to try to kill trump were an angry muslim man and a clip of him saying some women want to be fondled by rich and powerful men. That sure really radicalized the already radical left wingers against trump, but boy oh boy did she abandon the rust belt, abandon the white working class, even forfeit a chunk of latinos. Because the kind of guy who gets home from a job building a house and cracks open a beer and watches Vince McMahon get his head shaved by Donald Trump in the middle of the ring isn't going to suddenly be swayed by identity politics, and if anything, finds trump more relatable and trustworthy. After all, what he said about grabbing women by the pussy wasn't just true, it was the kind of thing they could see themselves saying among other guys. Trump painted himself as the kind of billionaire the common man imagines he'd be if he got rich, and the democrats, being morons, did it too instead of painting him as as a robber baron or soulless oligarch.

If Clinton had any trust credibility left going into the general election, it was obliterated by the wikileaks showing she cheated to beat Bernie with direct collusion, not just with superdelegates. Any hope of transferring over Bernie's groundswell of momentum was lost with that and with it, pretty much any hope of winning the election. And she can blame Bernie for tearing apart her general election ambitions with the contentious primary- even though he ran it so positive, and bent over and let her buttfuck him with a strap-on when it was done- and she can blame the russian hackers or Putin, or she can blame Comey or let Donna Brazile and DWS and let them fall on their swords claiming responsibility, but the blame rested entirely with HRC and the DNC. They made every bad decision, tried to shit on the electorate and steal the win and run the most cynical, manipulative and debased campaign in american history (which is truly saying something, because I do have the historical perspective of our founding fathers being assholes to each other), and all they got for it was a pie to the face when they elected a clown

was the worst run campaign in history lol. she should have won by quite a bit but didn't in large part because of the issues you just brought up with their laymenization of trump which actually helped endear him to the public. looks like she was surrounded by noobs
Mar 24 2017 03:21pm
Quote (crimsonmoons @ Mar 24 2017 03:14pm)
was the worst run campaign in history lol. she should have won by quite a bit but didn't in large part because of the issues you just brought up with their laymenization of trump which actually helped endear him to the public. looks like she was surrounded by noobs

It was Hillary calling the shots I believe, because as Colin Powell put it "Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris"
She thought that running against Trump meant she was too big to fail, she thought she could abandon the white men of the rust belt and ignore battlegrounds like wisconsin. She had almost zero public appearances for a 4-5 month stretch.
I'm sure she had yes-men sycophants like Jay telling her she had a 99.28% chance to win and would sweep the electoral college in a landslide right up until the moment Obama had to call her and tell her to calm her tits and give a concession speech
Gold: 1.93
Mar 24 2017 09:24pm
To me hillary lost the election when the dnc corruption towards bernie came out, finally the dems had a base actually excited about a candidate and they shanked him in the back to throw their wight behind just another corporate shill.
There was no way bernies supporters were going to throw in with hillary regardless of whether bernie endorsed her, they all saw it as forced.
Mar 24 2017 10:18pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Mar 24 2017 09:24pm)
To me hillary lost the election when the dnc corruption towards bernie came out, finally the dems had a base actually excited about a candidate and they shanked him in the back to throw their wight behind just another corporate shill.
There was no way bernies supporters were going to throw in with hillary regardless of whether bernie endorsed her, they all saw it as forced.

They would have thrown in with the Hillary machine if she had absorbed Bernie by making him her VP, and she would have won the election. Even SNL was predicting it. But I remember going indepth about it on PARD at the time: Hillary thought she could win without him, Bernie was a pragmatist and would put his party's unity over idealism, and so even though he supposedly could swing her platform- and she made changes that were ostensible in that regard- the reality was Bernie had no leverage at all, because she knew he would endorse her even without any concessions, without getting the VP, without any DNC roles taken to him, without anything at all. Hillary was unbelievably arrogant, thinking she could win without compromise (and it sure looked like she could), thinking she was too big too fail. She made bernie bend over for her because she could. And her hubris doomed her.

She deserved it. By god she deserved it and it put a smile on my face.
Gold: 14.88
Mar 27 2017 07:39am
Quote (duffman316 @ Mar 24 2017 01:00pm)
There was also the problem of having ovaries instead of testicles

HA!
Gold: 260.11
Mar 28 2017 08:46am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Mar 24 2017 09:24pm)

The election was so close there are about a hundred things that "lost her the election". The FBI investigation was probably the thing that happened closest to the election that swung the results, but not listening to Bernie's organization when they tried to advise her campaign based on their own polling data was another big one. I went into the election super confident, but didn't know she hadn't campaigned in the "blue wall" in months, if I had known that I would have been much more nervous.

Anyway coulda shoulda woulda.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll