d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > If The Russians Started War On America In The 50s
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 119,903.34
Mar 16 2017 07:16am
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 16 2017 06:03am)
Well like every where else in WW2, the Red Army just wouldn't have left and we would have had a Berlin Airlift scenario in Tokyo probably.

I think we nuked so that we could finish the war without having Russian boots on the ground in Japan.

After the island hopping campaign, the bloodiest fighting in any US war, it would have been crazy not to use the bomb.

But the exact reason why Japan was hesitant to surrender was the terms we demand of unconditional surrender.

We decided to brutalize and destroy innocent people just because we didn't want to grant Japan the right to retain its Emperor.

Just imagine, do you think the American people would surrender if they were told they'd have to surrender unconditionally and the entire history and constitution and all of the framework that is the American Republic is no longer valid? The line of presidents in the US ends?

Imagine if Germany had been the victors and told the UK that they could not have their Monarch? That they couldn't have what is basically the symbol and heritage of their country and their history. The monarch representing their entire history of their Empire. They just have to give that up? Do you think they are going to do that?

That's basically what we told Japan to do. Give up everything that makes them Japan. So yes, you give a country no other option but to foolishly fight to their doom because surrendering is a fate worse than death at that point.

Truman is a crook I get almost filled with rage when I think about all the stupid shit him and his cronies did. They put the US on a path of pain and suffering. They quelled the progressive movement and shunned all the glory and progress that Henry Wallace and FDR had started.

Then JFK came along, who was the son of a mobster basically. But his brother as Attorney General actually went after the mob. JFK exercise restraint and we are truly lucky he was our President during the Cuban Missile Crisis. And the fact JFK wouldn't give in to the war hawks of the government and CIA might have been the reason he was killed (conspiracy alert)

The nukes were the largest mistake in the United States history. We killed thousands of people deliberately because we had to become so full of lust of power as victors we couldn't give mercy to a country who had already been punished enough. We ended up letting them keep their Emperor anyways. So exactly what was the point of dropping the bombs other than to be a show of strength to the Soviet Union? Are you telling me it was for the greater good that thousands of Japanese citizens had to die so we could really prove to the Soviet Union we were top dog?

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Mar 16 2017 07:18am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll