d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Let's See What You Guys Think > About What "cheating" Is
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.12
Mar 3 2017 12:39pm
Let's hear from ALL you male and females
Gold: 0.00
Mar 3 2017 05:15pm
The whole purpose of a relationship is founded on the premise you and the other person will mate.

What happens in cheating, is the entire exercise of courtship, the game, the journey, and the battle back and forth, is thrown out the window. Someone feels entitled and able, and opportunistic enough to just skip out on all of the necessary requirements to win this game, or this quest.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, cheating in and of itself robs you of someone who may literally hold your interests in as much regard as their own. You shortchange the long war for a quick skirmish, and what are you left with?

A full belly? Sated appetite? The only thing you're assured of is the nut and immediate release. You never guarantee yourself an eternity of nut and release; why? You rob yourself of the chance at it.

Do I think you can cheat without actual intercourse? Yes. But I also that view that as an affair, entirely encompassing the word. The act of sexual intercourse itself is just the climax of the affair. What happens at the end of affairs? Mutual parties agree to disagree, move on, or continue the business at hand. Regardless, when you look at yourself in the mirror, you'll know who the loser of the game was, and what the current state of affairs will be.
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 70%
Mar 3 2017 06:01pm
Eatn ain't cheatn
Mar 3 2017 07:55pm
cheating is simply put, just that you're cheating the rules that you and your partner put in place. this leaves a lot of room for grey area, and i'd say if you have to ask then yes it probably is.

just went through my own kind of trials with this exact subject, i did not follow the terms and conditions set before me, and i had to pay the consequences.
Mar 4 2017 12:54pm
Quote (Xistz @ Mar 3 2017 05:01pm)
Eatn ain't cheatn

If the red rivers a flowin, take the dirt road home.
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 4 2017 03:52pm
Cheating?

To me, not cheating, is to keep your partner always reassured that you love him or her, and staying true to the relationship.

If you're not going to try to work for the relationship, why in the hell even bother in the first place? Not difficult.
Mar 5 2017 05:22pm
To me, cheating is almost only the physical part.

I mean for me cheating is:

Kisses
sexual intercourse
bj and cunni
etc
Oh and a small %age of cheating is flirting like live or via phone etc.
Gold: 3,804.50
Mar 5 2017 07:31pm
doing something you deliberately won't tell your SO about specifically because you agreed not to (implicitly or explicitly) and you dont want them to get upset. Whether you cheat on your "vegan" diet, ditch her to meet a friend for a beer, or text an ex-gf.
Mar 6 2017 08:49am
Quote (IHateDuriel @ Mar 5 2017 06:22pm)
To me, cheating is almost only the physical part.

I mean for me cheating is:

Kisses
sexual intercourse
bj and cunni
etc
Oh and a small %age of cheating is flirting like live or via phone etc.

My definition is the same as this. It's mostly physical, but I had a friend (an awesome guy by the way) who's long term girlfriend started lining up a replacement for him about a month before they broke up, she was always texting the guy, spending more time with this new guy and my friend said that he felt emotionally cheated on for it once things were over with. Which makes sense to me.

Quote (carteblanche @ Mar 5 2017 08:31pm)
doing something you deliberately won't tell your SO about specifically because you agreed not to (implicitly or explicitly) and you dont want them to get upset. Whether you cheat on your "vegan" diet, ditch her to meet a friend for a beer, or text an ex-gf.

I don't really consider that cheating, cheating is more so the physical aspects. However, that doesn't mean all other things are necessarily okay, I think its reasonable for a person to get upset if their girlfriend is texting a past ex if their ex is still looking to try to rekindle things and get back into the picture.

If you went to your friends and said "SHE CHEATED ON ME" and then you told them that she secretly went and hung out with one of her friends, I think they would agree that that's skewing the definition a bit.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Mar 6 2017 09:02am
Gold: 4,966.59
Mar 6 2017 03:17pm
Any interaction, physical or psychological between 2 or more people, that reaches to a point where the partner (bf or gf) wouldn't be comfortable with.
But, knowing what your partner would or wouldn't be ok with, well... that needs to be talked over before hand, or you need to know the person a long time to know such things and act accordingly.

I always say communication is the key.
At some point in your life/age, if you want things to go smooth, you'll have to muster up the courage to talk about this subject with your partner. Explain' both your understandings, acceptances, dislikes, etc.
Kind of like bringing up the talk about a prenup, not quite easy for some.

Also, you need to consider, people change. Therefore having that same talk down the road into a relationship would be wise.
The things that bothered me about my girlfriends actions in the past, today, would just fly over my shoulders.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll