d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Let's Talk About "fake News"
Prev1789101136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Mar 19 2017 04:40pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 19 2017 02:30pm)
We can't just give Trump, Spicer, and the rest freedom to make allegations and claims of fact by covering it up with "oh but that's just what I heard".

There was no allegation made though. The only allegation was by the MSM, which they had to retract. They have to retract a fucking ton of stuff these days. It's nauseating. They are playing right into the Trump narrative.
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 19 2017 04:44pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 19 2017 03:40pm)
There was no allegation made though. The only allegation was by the MSM, which they had to retract. They have to retract a fucking ton of stuff these days. It's nauseating. They are playing right into the Trump narrative.

you're playing right into the trump narrative lol

pissed off Bernie supporters/far lefters were pushing that shit during the campaign and still do

you're not necessarily wrong about your concerns but certainly exaggerate them which is what Trump always does
Mar 19 2017 05:03pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 19 2017 03:44pm)
you're playing right into the trump narrative lol

pissed off Bernie supporters/far lefters were pushing that shit during the campaign and still do

you're not necessarily wrong about your concerns but certainly exaggerate them which is what Trump always does

I'm not exaggerating anything though. Every time I see a post at the top of reddit I go read the article and within 5 minutes I know that I am looking at pure bullshit while millions of people are reading straight up lies and believing them. Those readers don't go back and look at the retractions, either. The people who do see it are the Trump supporters who are now basically immune to any story the MSM breaks because they've seen so many lies recently. So, if the objective of the ed boards at these major outlets is to sink Trump by convincing enough people of terrible things, they are fucking up massively because they've just made Trump supporters immune to anything they write, even if it is legit. Mark my words, if there is a real scandal ever uncovered, Trump supporters won't believe it because the fucking boy cried wolf too many times.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Mar 19 2017 05:04pm
Mar 19 2017 05:11pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 19 2017 04:03pm)
I'm not exaggerating anything though. Every time I see a post at the top of reddit I go read the article and within 5 minutes I know that I am looking at pure bullshit while millions of people are reading straight up lies and believing them. Those readers don't go back and look at the retractions, either. The people who do see it are the Trump supporters who are now basically immune to any story the MSM breaks because they've seen so many lies recently. So, if the objective of the ed boards at these major outlets is to sink Trump by convincing enough people of terrible things, they are fucking up massively because they've just made Trump supporters immune to anything they write, even if it is legit. Mark my words, if there is a real scandal ever uncovered, Trump supporters won't believe it because the fucking boy cried wolf too many times.

The Trump supporters that aren't memers are easy converts as long as the dems don't run someone nauseating

Trump base shouldn't even be bothered with at this point. Lost cause and easily beatable in elections if Dems make improvements and the media has plenty of issues but mainly those issues are involved with the sacrificing of content for click baity bullshit that leads to ridiculously short segments that are a giant waste of time.

more and more are tuning out in general and many are switching to things like podcasts and such which are way way way way better.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 19 2017 05:15pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 19 2017 01:52pm)
lol @ this one. I fucking called it on reddit:

Look at the name of the link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/17/us-makes-formal-apology-britain-white-house-accuses-gchq-wiretapping/

Every MSM outlet in the U.S. was using that exact phrase - "Formal apology" - even though what actually happened is someone wrote that "sources said" someone apologized. There was no official statement from the White House, but everyone ran with the formally apologizes story.

Now if you click that link they have changed the title and stealth edited the entire article. CNN and MSNBC did the same thing.

Also, the accusation of GHCQ to begin with was not made by the White House, but by a journalist. Sean Spicer read a quote from a journalist and someone in the press corps took a clip out of context and spun this grand story of the Trump admin accusing GHCQ of wiretapping and then issuing a formal apology. Makes the administration look like it cant get its shit together, right? That's why it's fucking fake news.

Seriously dumbasses, I hate Trump and want him gone. You are making him stronger with every lie and retraction.

Spicer cited the article among many others as evidence of the legitimacy of Trump's claims. Essentially it was the White House making the claim, because they cited an article that made the claim. I read that McMaster apologized to his counterparts, though some outlets aren't confirming that. I heard CNN say that US officials made clear the allegations would not be repeated.

You're criticizing the media... and you post a link to a UK website? In our 24 hour news cycle media outlets sometimes go too far, sometimes their sources don't get it exactly right. I don't think I read anywhere else that the White House issued a formal apology.

tldr you're an idiot, no one outside the Trump cult believes this fake news nonsense
Mar 19 2017 05:28pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 19 2017 04:15pm)
Spicer cited the article among many others as evidence of the legitimacy of Trump's claims. Essentially it was the White House making the claim, because they cited an article that made the claim. I read that McMaster apologized to his counterparts, though some outlets aren't confirming that. I heard CNN say that US officials made clear the allegations would not be repeated.

You're criticizing the media... and you post a link to a UK website? In our 24 hour news cycle media outlets sometimes go too far, sometimes their sources don't get it exactly right. I don't think I read anywhere else that the White House issued a formal apology.

tldr you're an idiot, no one outside the Trump cult believes this fake news nonsense

You're going to get burned badly by the Democratic Party. Sorry you are allied with them these days.

Mar 19 2017 05:36pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 19 2017 04:28pm)
You're going to get burned badly by the Democratic Party. Sorry you are allied with them these days.

how will he or others get burned?

They represent people and they aren't as far left as you because people aren't as far left as you that's how politics actually work

If you're ignored in politics it's because you don't have the numbers and if you want the numbers the way to get them isn't the "burn this mother fucker down" method

The voters aren't far left so the politicians mostly aren't. That's not a conspiracy or some deep dark nonsense or the msm it's because this is a center right country when it comes to actual voters (center left if more lazy asses voted)

reliable voters get more reliable results

Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 19 2017 05:40pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 20 Mar 2017 00:28)

Eventually though, MSM is the last defense in a government to stay transparent. They have a checking function over what is going on around the world.
And yes, their view might not be the same as the view for every citizen. Titles and subject are for a part commercialized making it catchy for ppl to read.

Within all the chaos right now, imo this discussion is not the worse thing to happen. Checking news sources for credibility,
seems like one of the best subjects to have, in a time where social media is becoming more important.

/e: We should actually look for a way to reduce the youtube and google search "bubbles" ppl live in. ^^

This post was edited by Knaapie on Mar 19 2017 05:53pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 19 2017 06:58pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 19 2017 06:28pm)

Why are you conflating the media and the left? I defend the MSM because they collectively do a good job. The most relevant journalism(critical of both sides) usually comes from the popular MSM outlets.
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 19 2017 07:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Mar 2017 01:58)
Why are you conflating the media and the left? I defend the MSM because they collectively do a good job. The most relevant journalism(critical of both sides) usually comes from the popular MSM outlets.

The US might even reflect more right wing and populist news, compared to most European countries (Or at least my tiny country ^^, and we have Wilders). It's more varied compared to ours in the regard that the writers background and opinion is more important. Meaning that imo, you are also in front of this discussion with more sources being added to the media we consume.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Mar 19 2017 07:14pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll