d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Ironfist > March 17th On Netflix
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 121.03
Mar 19 2017 09:22am
dude trained for 15 years with these elite monk type figures, mastered his emotions and martial arts and becomes the iron fist then nearly every episode he has an emotional meltdown and his fighting skill looks like that of a novice, k.

even editting cant make it looks acceptable

56 cuts in a 35 second long fight scene..
https://streamable.com/cmctg

This post was edited by JudgeTedd on Mar 19 2017 09:23am
Gold: 3,804.50
Mar 19 2017 09:37am
Quote (JudgeTedd @ Mar 19 2017 11:22am)

oh lawdy. that crap drives me crazy. what i really enjoyed about john wick are the longer smoother shots.
Gold: 0.98
Mar 19 2017 01:40pm
Just went through the first 6 episodes and IMO it's better than both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Fight scenes are average and as JudgeTedd said he does come across as an average fighter a few times ( especially in the container fighting that Asian dude ).

Either way worth a watch IMO
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 21 2017 04:42am
Started watching it this morning.

It's entertaining enough to keep me watching after the first two episodes, but I'm already about 99% certain that I'll be giving this a 5.5-6/10 at best. It's pretty rough so far.

As I saw someone else say, the combat scenes are just fucking awful. He's horribly slow, moves are uncoordinated, and often you see that horribly choreographed shit from the 70s where there's a guy sitting there behind Iron waiting for a good 2-5 seconds until he's beaten up bad guy number 1 before he swings his weapon slow as balls (looks like 10% force), for Iron to turn around and block it.

Things that like are just unforgivable in this day and age. The entire shows hinges on this guy being a martial arts master and him being a superhero because of how insanely OP he is with his abilities. When that's what your expecting, and in the first few episodes all you see are badly choreographed fight scenes, stupidly typical and outplayed villains, it sure as shit doesn't inspire hope for a good show. I'm going to try and watch it all. I couldn't get through Luke cause of how terrible it was, hoping this is just a little bit better. Pretty fucking upsetting that these last two have just been fucking terrible. Still doesn't make sense to me that Luke Cage is the highest rated of all of them..... Hate to be racist, but it's fucked up that your show gets the best ratings because you're a black superhero, even though you and everyone else knows it doesn't deserve it.
Gold: 10,025.00
Mar 21 2017 05:11am
Quote (JudgeTedd @ Mar 19 2017 09:22am)
dude trained for 15 years with these elite monk type figures, mastered his emotions and martial arts and becomes the iron fist then nearly every episode he has an emotional meltdown and his fighting skill looks like that of a novice, k.

even editting cant make it looks acceptable

He didn't master his emotions, the monks taught to surpress not deal. That was like half the point of the show. Sorry you missed it?

Also to the people complaining about the actor saying he isn't buff enough or can't do real fight scenes all I have to say is you are all idiots. Have any of you actually seen monks? They aren't buff as fuck, they are in shape yeah but that's about it. You don't get super toned big muscles by doing the kind of training they do. And the fighting is mostly done by stunt doubles and designed by a coreographer, blaming the actor is absurd.

Plus a lot of the fight scenes look way more real than anything in most action bullshit you see, like something you would see if you watched actual street fights. Also it is a fucking origin story, he hasn't mastered his powers yet so obviously he is weaker than he should be.

IMO the show had a more compelling character lineup/plot than the other shows. The whole company/hand conspiracy stuff was fun. They could have gone more extravagant with the fights but who knows who to blame for that. Either the director or producer or coreographer, someone made the decision to make it more "realistic", blaming the actor is stupid and annoying.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Mar 21 2017 05:12am
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Mar 21 2017 05:56am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 7 2017 08:42pm)
Everything about it with the exception of Tennant is fucking awful. He saves that shit show. Her character is annoying and even a sane person would want to smack the fuck out of the actress for just looking like a cunt 99.99% of the time. It's pretty rough. I think I liked DD more when it was only the first season. Second just got so fucking ridiculous that it's easy to see where these are all going. I'm not optimistic, but they're doing the same thing Marvel does with movies. Just keep pushing out shit constantly and hopefully a couple things will be good and then do one with them all together with some pew pew boom boom and voila easy money.

I thought it was a good show

Don't be mad
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 21 2017 05:59am
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Mar 21 2017 04:56am)
I thought it was a good show

Don't be mad

IF? Seems like you're in the minority on this one. Only 3 episodes in, I'm going to finish it all this week. I got a halfday at work today, if I don't end up having to do family stuff when I come home, I'll probably just binge watch the rest of it. I'm hoping it picks up, but I'm just going to have a hard time getting over the fight scenes if the quality doesn't DRASTICALLY improve and quick. Would be less concerned about it if it wasn't such a pivotal thing to the character.
Mar 21 2017 06:02am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 21 2017 06:59am)
IF? Seems like you're in the minority on this one. Only 3 episodes in, I'm going to finish it all this week. I got a halfday at work today, if I don't end up having to do family stuff when I come home, I'll probably just binge watch the rest of it. I'm hoping it picks up, but I'm just going to have a hard time getting over the fight scenes if the quality doesn't DRASTICALLY improve and quick. Would be less concerned about it if it wasn't such a pivotal thing to the character.

There is one major plot hole

She super strong

But her body isn't super resilient like cage

Doesn't work
Gold: 2,094.99
Mar 21 2017 08:25am
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Mar 21 2017 07:02am)
There is one major plot hole

She super strong

But her body isn't super resilient like cage

Doesn't work

That's not a plot hole, it's how the character was created/written.
Mar 21 2017 08:33am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Mar 21 2017 09:25am)
That's not a plot hole, it's how the character was created/written.

It doesn't make any logical sense
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll