d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Confirmation Hearings Thread
Prev12345630Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 10 2017 01:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 10 2017 01:23pm)
Voting integrity issues like grandfather laws. The Redeemers are back and going hard AF.

Like illegal immigrants voting (and even being encouraged to vote by the sitting President of the United States).
Gold: 285.00
Jan 10 2017 01:03pm
Quote (Santara @ Jan 10 2017 02:00pm)
Like illegal immigrants voting (and even being encouraged to vote by the sitting President of the United States).

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/trumps-bogus-voter-fraud-claims/

Meme-driven info strikes again, ftw. I'm sure you've seen plenty of youtube videos that state otherwise though.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 10 2017 01:03pm
Gold: 2,094.99
Jan 10 2017 01:06pm
BLM & other retards interrupting the hearing lmao
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 10 2017 01:09pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 10 2017 01:00pm)
Crocodile tears :)

There is no way the authoritarian right will scale back the surveillance state. And we have let a guy with less ethics, more petty, and with a list longer than, Tricky Dick Nixon himself. We have one of the greatest defenders of the apartheid south being appointed to AG. Every secretary appointed is in charge of something they hate, including a guy who is in charge of a department he would have eliminated had he remembered its name. I'm just trying to prevent a derailment from these political facts occurring and being dealt with.

Oh dear, you might have missed the previous 8 years where the authoritarian left was responsible for gutting the right to privacy by expanding mass warrantless dragnet surveillance with rubberstamp oversight, wiretapping, sabotaging encryption standards, developing viruses and spyware and crucifying whistleblowers and hiding dealmaking in smoke-filled rooms.

We live in a house with glass walls. The classical liberal will tell you we need to build up real walls brick by brick so big brother can't peer in. The reactionary wants to put in more cameras. The neoliberal will tell you the glass walls are really bricks if you use your imagination :rofl:
(and the libertarian kook wants to live underground with no electric or water)

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jan 10 2017 01:10pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 10 2017 01:21pm
anti waterboarding and anti muslim ban. the second is a bit of a nothingburger but coming out against torture is nice. still not sure how that would affect him unless the context was domestic torture.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 10 2017 01:42pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 10 2017 02:03pm)
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/trumps-bogus-voter-fraud-claims/

Meme-driven info strikes again, ftw. I'm sure you've seen plenty of youtube videos that state otherwise though.

Illegals voting isn't meme-driven, it is based on information coming from a study. That the study is in dispute doesn't mean it's wrong. The study clearly had documentation of illegals voting.

This post was edited by Santara on Jan 10 2017 01:42pm
Gold: 20.31
Jan 10 2017 01:48pm
I guess you only need one thread when the entire nomination strategy is a rush job.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Jan 10 2017 10:27am)
The Democrats are being incredibly immature.

In 2008, Republicans passed Obama's cabinet with an easy vocal vote.

In 2016, Democrats are throwing a temper tantrum and (failingly) trying to block appointments.

If they keep this up, 2018 and 2020 won't even be a political contest.

I see this place is still crawling along at the pace of the remedial class.

This isn't even close, or even close to close. The Obama transition actually had their nominees fully-vetted prior to their hearings (and in a lot of cases, prior to them even being announced), and the nominees had fully completed and submitted their materials to committees. The Trump transition hasn't vetted most of their picks, half of them haven't submitted full material packets, and most of the people who have outstanding information missing are missing most of what they're expected to supply.

It's exactly the disaster that you'd expect from the Trump team, and to compensate for it they're merely trying to ram through all of their most-controversial picks at the same time before Senators are even given the bare minimum of what was formally required reading. And to distract from this latest bit of norms-breaking, Trump's vowing to finally have his first press conference since July where he'll make news by talking in circles.
Gold: Locked
Jan 10 2017 01:48pm
Quote (Santara @ Jan 10 2017 12:42pm)
Illegals voting isn't meme-driven, it is based on information coming from a study. That the study is in dispute doesn't mean it's wrong. The study clearly had documentation of illegals voting.

In any significant numbers?
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 10 2017 01:50pm
Quote (Pollster @ Jan 10 2017 01:48pm)
I guess you only need one thread when the entire nomination strategy is a rush job.

I see this place is still crawling along at the pace of the remedial class.

This isn't even close, or even close to close. The Obama transition actually had their nominees fully-vetted prior to their hearings (and in a lot of cases, prior to them even being announced), and the nominees had fully completed and submitted their materials to committees. The Trump transition hasn't vetted most of their picks, half of them haven't submitted full material packets, and most of the people who have outstanding information missing are missing most of what they're expected to supply.

It's exactly the disaster that you'd expect from the Trump team, and to compensate for it they're merely trying to ram through all of their most-controversial picks at the same time before Senators are even given the bare minimum of what was formally required reading. And to distract from this latest bit of norms-breaking, Trump's vowing to finally have his first press conference since July where he'll make news by talking in circles.

you should honestly just stick to brief posts. most of us have a lack of credibility but most of us aren't you jay. i'd make a multi if i crashed and burned like you.
Gold: Locked
Jan 10 2017 01:51pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 10 2017 12:50pm)
you should honestly just stick to brief posts. most of us have a lack of credibility but most of us aren't you jay. i'd make a multi if i crashed and burned like you.

Normally I'd agree, this post was actually accurate. NPR was talking about exactly this yesterday as I was driving home.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345630Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll