d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Westworld
Prev1373839404166Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 23 2017 09:45pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 23 2017 06:57pm)
The thing I was wondering about was one guest killing another while in the park. The show does not tell us what happened to Logan. Could William get away with killing him? Aren't guests under constant surveillance? Woulet it even have been a crime, or is the park considered an extreme sports type of activity like hiking everest where people participate at their own risk?

I'm sure he just paid his way out of it.... he's one of the parks biggest donors, and the park was still newish when he *killed* (we don't know that 100%) that guy, it's possible not every area was/is monitored.
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 23 2017 11:14pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 23 2017 11:45pm)
I'm sure he just paid his way out of it.... he's one of the parks biggest donors, and the park was still newish when he *killed* (we don't know that 100%) that guy, it's possible not every area was/is monitored.

All valid points. I'm not saying I think Logan is dead or that I think he's not. I'm just trying to build a framework of what we know about how the park operates.

Another question: How much time do we think has passed between the two timelines? William probably didn't make vice president of a large company anywhere before age 35. Ed Harris looks to be late 60s early 70s. I feel pretty confident saying that we can estimate 30 years or very close to it has passed.
Oct 24 2017 12:23am
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 23 2017 09:14pm)
All valid points. I'm not saying I think Logan is dead or that I think he's not. I'm just trying to build a framework of what we know about how the park operates.

Another question: How much time do we think has passed between the two timelines? William probably didn't make vice president of a large company anywhere before age 35. Ed Harris looks to be late 60s early 70s. I feel pretty confident saying that we can estimate 30 years or very close to it has passed.

30-40 years seems reasonable to me.

What we know for certain is that his character was insanely wealthy, from a powerful family, and that he had the ability to take control with relative ease, should he have the drive required to do it. Logan planned to use this trip against William at some point down the road to gain leverage over him in the business. He thought William was weak, and this was an easy enough away for him to have a trump card over the pitiful William, who would of course fold instantly should a fellow owner/executive w/e, threaten to reveal personal dirty secrets. William's incredibly intelligent, but he was also incredibly kind and he lacked exactly what I mentioned to begin with, drive. He knew the deal from the get-go, he just didn't give a shit, he didn't care about the company, he didn't seem to care too much about anything, he was just going through the fucking motions. The park gave him purpose, it changed him completely and let him become the sinister fuck I so thoroughly have been entertained by. I need to re-watch this show in it's entirety again in the next month or two, but with Logan gone, who seemed to be his only true source of competition, his family ties and with William finally showing some major gravitas, something that he had severely lacked; I don't think it would be all that difficult at all for him to seize control entirely. Also, we really don't know what happened, who's to say he didn't just go back into the real world and murder the fuck out of his dad or whoever ran shit so he could assume control, I'm thinking we'll get a little more back-story on William in this next season which shows how things came about. I honestly think I'd prefer them to keep his entire character a mystery, they showed what happened to make him go from the only likable human in the show, to the sickest fuck I think I've encountered in television history, and that's honestly good enough for me, but I'm a sucker for a good back story, who isn't?

I could ramble on about this show forever, which I think is pretty fucking apparent lol, but so much has been left up to the viewer still, and of course things will get more spelled out, I think they've got a full 4 or 5 seasons already planned out, they knew that this one would be huge. I'm hoping they continue to shock and awe me as they did so wonderfully throughout the first season. I saw quite a few of the bigger twists coming, Hopkins doing exactly what he did at the end I called in the middle of the season to my wife, Bernard being what he was I called pretty early on, just a wild guess, but after Teddy, I was on the lookout again for who would be the most unlikely, yet likely person to pull off the next big, Awwwww fuck man, really? Moment lol. It was a near perfect season. My biggest and only real complaint was voiced a few pages back I think when I was talking about how stupid it was that models from 30 years ago were as, or in some cases, more advanced than models from present time. Her being as mentally advanced is feasible, given that Arnold created a special model, and that she's that model, but her being as mechanically complex as the current gen models is just not plausible, and implausible shit always bugs me in such well thought out shows. Would be something I'd have no problem letting go off in a lesser show, but when something is this perfect, I gotta nitpick to find shit wrong :P . Not like it ruins anything for me, but it does make me go, "wtf guys, you can do better than that, show you upgrading her or something throughout the years, right". I uh know, guess they still could.

Soooo fucking hyped for season 2
Gold: 23.00
Oct 24 2017 03:24pm
I don't think Logan is dead.

He just got emasculated is all.
Gold: 32,090.31
Oct 27 2017 11:20am
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Oct 18 2017 05:58pm)
good news then, cant wait :D i will be rewatching first season again at some point

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 18 2017 06:23pm)
Same. Sucks knowing the big twist, but I gotta say, they got me with that shit. I was DESPERATELY trying to figure out who that fucker was, and then BOOM. It made so much fucking sense.

I never rewatch shows because I think it's a terrible waste of time, but I ended up rewatching this one because the girl wanted to watch a show so I figured why not.

It absolutely blew my mind how many clues they threw at us all season long, especially in the very beginning. I'm pretty sure literally the very first scene of episode one they throw something out that made me go holy fuck that gives it away and I had no idea when I watched it the first time.
Gold: 374.69
Oct 27 2017 11:55am
Quote (Braxton11 @ Oct 27 2017 12:20pm)
I never rewatch shows because I think it's a terrible waste of time, but I ended up rewatching this one because the girl wanted to watch a show so I figured why not.

It absolutely blew my mind how many clues they threw at us all season long, especially in the very beginning. I'm pretty sure literally the very first scene of episode one they throw something out that made me go holy fuck that gives it away and I had no idea when I watched it the first time.

I think I need to rewatch the show. I didn’t think it was near as good as everyone else seems to think. Maybe a rewatch would change my mind
Oct 27 2017 12:13pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Oct 27 2017 09:20am)

Yepppppppp lol. That's the beauty of it, they spelled it out for us and it was still such a big fuckkkkk moment. Props to the writers
Gold: 0.00
Oct 28 2017 07:29am
Quote (Braxton11 @ Oct 27 2017 05:20pm)

I re watched GOT each season 3-4 times over, and breaking bad 3 times. Rewatching shows is awesome you get hooked after first ep . It's just like re watching films really, even that you know what's gonna happen it's still awesome and enjoying
Gold: 23.00
Oct 28 2017 03:54pm
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Oct 28 2017 09:29am)
I re watched GOT each season 3-4 times over, and breaking bad 3 times. Rewatching shows is awesome you get hooked after first ep . It's just like re watching films really, even that you know what's gonna happen it's still awesome and enjoying

I've watched GoT and The Wire three times. I've watched The Sopranos and Breaking Bad twice.

I watched season one of Westworld twice too.

I love rewatching great shows. You notice a lot more subtle details and all the cool foreshadowing like Westworld was full of.

Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 29 2017 02:45pm
Early in the season there was a conversation between the guy who wrote crazy stories and a woman who was his boss. She said that he knew there was a bigger picture but he was unable to see it. I'm not sure if the season ever got back to addressing what that conversation was referring to.

If not in the audience is left to guess then I'm thinking the reason for the park in the money going into it is military. Someone wants to use this technology to create soldiers. Am I the only one thinking that this is what's going on behind the scenes?

This post was edited by Kayeto on Oct 29 2017 02:46pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1373839404166Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll