Warn: 10%
Oct 18 2017 01:28pm
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Oct 18 2017 11:09am)
Pretty sure they said 2019..no?

"Currently the plan is Spring 2018. This was confirmed by HBO in July 2017."

Google is your friend
Gold: 0.00
Oct 18 2017 01:52pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 18 2017 07:28pm)

Google is your friend

it was 100% set to 2019 at one point, not googling anything now until its official

This post was edited by -=vasya=- on Oct 18 2017 01:56pm
Gold: 250.00
Oct 18 2017 03:00pm
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Oct 18 2017 11:52am)
it was 100% set to 2019 at one point, not googling anything now until its official

It is official that it's spring of 2018, that was confirmed by HBO. Just not a set date yet, but I'd guess April, and then we'll have that and then we'll get the last season of GoT, right as Westworld ends. Going to be an EPIC 2018.

I think you're right though, I do remember at one point a 2019 date being discussed, but iirc, that was a rumor, that was later dismissed by HBO. Somehow it got out that that was going to be the date and it was one of those things that turned into an official sounding thing, but it NEVER was.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 18 2017 03:58pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 18 2017 09:00pm)
It is official that it's spring of 2018, that was confirmed by HBO. Just not a set date yet, but I'd guess April, and then we'll have that and then we'll get the last season of GoT, right as Westworld ends. Going to be an EPIC 2018.

I think you're right though, I do remember at one point a 2019 date being discussed, but iirc, that was a rumor, that was later dismissed by HBO. Somehow it got out that that was going to be the date and it was one of those things that turned into an official sounding thing, but it NEVER was.

good news then, cant wait :D i will be rewatching first season again at some point

Oct 18 2017 04:23pm
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Oct 18 2017 01:58pm)
good news then, cant wait :D i will be rewatching first season again at some point

Same. Sucks knowing the big twist, but I gotta say, they got me with that shit. I was DESPERATELY trying to figure out who that fucker was, and then BOOM. It made so much fucking sense.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Oct 18 2017 04:34pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 18 2017 03:28pm)

Google is your friend

Fuck Yes.
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 22 2017 05:09pm
Is there only one existing copy of the park? If there is can multiple guests or groups of guests exist in the same park at the same time? There was one scene where a guy walked up and fanboyed at Harris about his foundation's work. If different groups of guests can be in the park at the same time wouldn't they always be interfering with each other storylines?
Oct 22 2017 10:54pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 22 2017 03:09pm)
Is there only one existing copy of the park? If there is can multiple guests or groups of guests exist in the same park at the same time? There was one scene where a guy walked up and fanboyed at Harris about his foundation's work. If different groups of guests can be in the park at the same time wouldn't they always be interfering with each other storylines?

As far as we know, there's only one instance of each park. You're right, if excessive numbers of people we're arriving each day, they would almost certainly, and constantly, interfere with one another. However, I think you're forgetting that it costs upwards of $20,000 per day to partake in the luxuries of this park, and that it's reasonable to believe that experiences are dictated based on not only the number of people entering the park, but also by the profiled personalities of each guest or group of guests. A company like this would take EVERYTHING into consideration, otherwise the entire operation would be a colossal failure. Predetermined set scenarios for all guests with even ever so slightly customized interactions, would ensure an even spread of customers. but it would greatly increase the essential environment to create a *real* experience for each and every guest. Not only is this concept plausible for separating guests, but it would also be the most surefire way to influence a patron's decision in not only recommending, but returning for another go. This in-turn, is how you guarantee ongoing and future revenue streams, which explains the seemingly endless amount of money they're able to poor into new story-lines. Additionally, you must remember that Westworld is one of many parks. I don't believe they'd tell someone they couldn't visit their desired location, should they have the means to pay for their trip, but I'm sure they can find ways to accommodate people however it may be necessary, and sometimes, that may just be something as simple as having a "wait time" until your adventure can begin, allowing any previous visitors to pick their story-line, or for the people running the show, to have a good enough feel of that group's personalities, for them to effectively push their adventure into experiences that would possibly maximize their enjoyment.

HBO does many things wonderfully, but perhaps the best thing they do with their shows that can feel complex, is that the inner-workings are usually left up almost entirely to their viewer's imagination. That being said, I've found that the even the most complex of scenarios can be discovered with relative ease, and that's one of the things that makes this show so fantastic. Elaborating a little further on that, what I conceive as plausible/relevant, may be wildly implausible or even impossible to you, and you're likely to form your own consensus on how things truly work within this world. More likely than not, the true nature of every little detail will never be revealed, it would leave for too many plot-holes that would be picked apart by fanatical nerds (I know, you probably think I fit that description, but I really don't, I'm usually fine with plot-holes, as long as I'm entertained.).

I'm wayyyyyyyyyy too excited for this next season, and I'm wayyyyyyyyyy too drunk to be posting on Jsp lol. Got shit-faced during the Falcons game, it went stupid good... I'm still in shock about how that shit finished, and now I don't know what to do with myself lol.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 22 2017 10:55pm
Gold: 23.00
Oct 23 2017 04:11pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Oct 22 2017 07:09pm)

They could also join strangers on the story lines. The park is supposed to he huge as fuck with a lot of hosts. It's also expensive as fuck so it probably doesn't get flooded with people to the point where it fucks everything up.
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 23 2017 08:57pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Oct 23 2017 06:11pm)
They could also join strangers on the story lines. The park is supposed to he huge as fuck with a lot of hosts. It's also expensive as fuck so it probably doesn't get flooded with people to the point where it fucks everything up.

The thing I was wondering about was one guest killing another while in the park. The show does not tell us what happened to Logan. Could William get away with killing him? Aren't guests under constant surveillance? Woulet it even have been a crime, or is the park considered an extreme sports type of activity like hiking everest where people participate at their own risk?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1363738394066Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll