d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Is Poor Shaming Ok?
Prev1910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Sep 21 2016 03:12pm
Quote (remco6 @ Sep 21 2016 10:28am)
I'll take that as a compliment. Someone's got too support the east and give you all jobs , but that just makes me an idiot I suppose.

Hows that Oil Sands working out for Alberta saving Canada?

Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 21 2016 10:23am)
Regardless of the context, guns or credit cards, I feel it's the responsibility of the government to provide a base education in both categories to outline and help identify risk factors. Elsewise you're asking to get skinned by the skinner.

I think its the responsibility of the one selling the idea that you need it, that they should also teach you why you dont need it. Like how about we put warning labels on guns like - Due to the CORPORATION NEEDING TO MAKE LARGER PROFIT, WE'VE USED CHEAPER GRADE STEEL AND NOT DONE ANY X RAY WORK ON THIS BARREL TO PROVE IT IS SOLID AND SAFE TO USE. ALSO DON'T FIRE THIS WEAPON AT NON APPROVED TARGETS LIKE THE AIR WHICH MAY CONTAIN OBJECTS THAT BULLETS MIGHT DEFLECT OFF OF AND HARM YOU.

Quote (Sakuraba @ Sep 21 2016 11:02am)
I'll say ontario

I live in an igloo in nunavut.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Sep 21 2016 03:16pm
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 22 2016 03:03am
Quote (card_sultan @ 21 Sep 2016 22:12)
I think its the responsibility of the one selling the idea that you need it, that they should also teach you why you dont need it. Like how about we put warning labels on guns like - Due to the CORPORATION NEEDING TO MAKE LARGER PROFIT, WE'VE USED CHEAPER GRADE STEEL AND NOT DONE ANY X RAY WORK ON THIS BARREL TO PROVE IT IS SOLID AND SAFE TO USE. ALSO DON'T FIRE THIS WEAPON AT NON APPROVED TARGETS LIKE THE AIR WHICH MAY CONTAIN OBJECTS THAT BULLETS MIGHT DEFLECT OFF OF AND HARM YOU.

That's a troll because you do know how marketing works.. If companies were to have the responsibility, who will tell them what is allowed and what isn't ? Basically your suggestion is government legislation applied to companies. Are you trying to point out that corporations are inherently egocentric and need legislation to not harm ppl ?
Gold: 5,169.82
Sep 22 2016 03:15am
Quote (Knaapie @ Sep 22 2016 11:03am)
That's a troll because you do know how marketing works.. If companies were to have the responsibility, who will tell them what is allowed and what isn't ? Basically your suggestion is government legislation applied to companies. Are you trying to point out that corporations are inherently egocentric and need legislation to not harm ppl ?

It's a troll because it's card_sultan. You should know that by now.
Gold: 1,495.80
Sep 22 2016 05:07am
Find other ways to make up for it. Kids shouldn't miss lunch
Sep 22 2016 12:55pm
Quote (Knaapie @ Sep 21 2016 11:03pm)

Yes, obviously guns need a warning label.

Gold: Locked
Sep 22 2016 01:17pm
Quote (excellence @ Sep 20 2016 12:34pm)
Feed the kids but immediately send repo men to the parent(s)* place of work* (ideally) or home and liquidate/rid them of any luxury items that should be used to feed the poor starving children (smartphone, leased automobile, ipad, multiple laptops, jewelry/watch, etc)

*if applicable

e: and after liquidating the parent(s) excessive items for cash to pay for the kids meals at school, put them (the parent(s)) in a stockade in the town square and pelt them with rotten eggs as an example to not be a loser who can't feed their kids!!!!!!!

LOL.

Wtf is wrong with some people
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 22 2016 03:26pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 22 Sep 2016 19:55)

Welcome to America's sewing culture !! Actually a place where corporations need to defend themselves against the law enforcers, who are defending stupid citizens.
This seems to be typical on American products.
I was told about the microwave lawsuit when I grew up. Thank god for the stickers. ! So this will never happen again.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Sep 22 2016 03:30pm
Gold: 171.76
Sep 22 2016 03:32pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 20 2016 12:23pm)
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsylvania-school-cafeteria-worker-quits-over-lunch-shaming-policy/

Schools refuses lunches for children with overdue lunch bills. Since instituting the policy the lunch program debt has gone from a fluctuating 60k$-100k$ down to 20k$. So it's undoubtedly effective.

A second aspect to consider is that children who are expected to pay for lunch have been deemed by the state financially able to, so this excludes the incredibly poor who have their lunches paid for in full. This is really just effecting people who pay a partial total for lunches or full price for lunches, which isn't to say they can strictly afford it as the state's formulas are imperfect.

More generally should a state entity ever practice debt collection by involving children? An alternate example that seems socially exceptable is late fees on public library rentals, children aren't allowed to rent more until they pay, but books =/= food.

In my opinion this is abhorrent, and potentially a situation for a bully to latch on to. As someone who lives with a teacher I know the terrible response rates that parents have to calls or materials sent home, sadly that's the only way. The rock and a hard place here is that most parents are under-involved in their children's education so issues like this fall way off their radar. (no i dont have stats, im drawing on anecdotal experience)

What other option is there? Keep giving them free food that someone else has to pay for ?

If you have a better solution say it
Gold: 40.42
Sep 22 2016 03:35pm
Way better for kids to go hungry as a punishment for their parents actions then that a tax prayer have to spend a nickel
Sep 22 2016 03:37pm
Quote (Knaapie @ Sep 22 2016 11:26am)
http://www.writtalin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sticker375x360.u10-375x350.png

Welcome to America's sewing culture !! Actually a place where corporations need to defend themselves against the law enforcers, who are defending stupid citizens.
This seems to be typical on American products.
I was told about the microwave lawsuit when I grew up. Thank god for the stickers. ! So this will never happen again.

Congratulations on passing level 1! Now for your next assignment what do you think John Lennon is talking about in this song - hint "Working Class Hero" is actually used in a Sarcastic/Ironic way.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll