d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 2016 Republican National Convention
Prev142434445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Jul 22 2016 06:03pm
Quote (Pollster @ 22 Jul 2016 19:46)
But tell me more about what my job is dummy, keep the laughs coming.

it's parrot.

poll-y gets a treat
Gold: 40.42
Jul 22 2016 06:04pm
Quote (excellence @ 22 Jul 2016 16:03)
it's parrot.
https://i.sli.mg/D9WHRJ.png
poll-y gets a treat

This really, truly feels like the best you can do. :(
Jul 22 2016 06:08pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 22 Jul 2016 20:04)
This really, truly feels like the best you can do. :(

a touching tale about your feels - no1care tho

Gold: 20.31
Jul 22 2016 06:28pm
Quote (excellence @ Jul 22 2016 05:03pm)
it's parrot.
https://i.sli.mg/D9WHRJ.png
poll-y gets a treat

Well I can't say I blame you, I'd probably back off too if I were in your position. When you're holding a losing hand the last thing you want to do is push more chips into the middle of the table, so you're learning at least.
Jul 22 2016 06:47pm
Quote (Pollster @ 22 Jul 2016 20:28)
Well I can't say I blame you, I'd probably back off too if I were in your position. When you're holding a losing hand the last thing you want to do is push more chips into the middle of the table, so you're learning at least.

what was that? you parroted your points and boo hooed how no1care about how disastrous Trump's July supposedly has been.
Trump gave a passionate compelling acceptance speech for the Republican nod and it has everyone paying attention.
Sorry about thay #dncleaks thing. Sec HRC to be the first candidate to accept a nod while under state dept investigation.
Gold: 633.87
Jul 23 2016 12:48am
Quote (Pollster @ Jul 22 2016 05:56pm)
What on earth? It’s a terrible state for him. He’s such a bad fit for it that his own campaign is openly acknowledging that their strategy involves trying to flip more-Democratic states that are heavier lifts, and that his own party hasn’t carried in decades, simply because they recognize the challenge he has in trying to carry Florida. The Cuban sub-demographic swung hard toward the Democrats in 2008 and 2012 so unless Trump can magically figure out how to get it to swing back it’s going to vote similar to other Hispanics.

He’s not at all making a more compelling argument than Romney did. There’s been four additional years of demographic change and population growth since Romney was blown off the field in the battlegrounds and Trump is running worse with literally every single demographic than Romney was. If he's lucky he’ll moderately outperform Romney in northern Florida, it won’t be enough unless turnout plummets in the rest of the state.

The poll of polls disagrees. He's doing well in Florida compared with the rust belt states he's trying to flip.

Hillary Clinton is a historically weak candidate, Donald Trump does not need to be strong to beat her, he needs to not suck.
Gold: 20.31
Jul 23 2016 09:27am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 22 2016 05:47pm)
what was that? you parroted your points and boo hooed how no1care about how disastrous Trump's July supposedly has been.
Trump gave a passionate compelling acceptance speech for the Republican nod and it has everyone paying attention.
Sorry about thay #dncleaks thing. Sec HRC to be the first candidate to accept a nod while under state dept investigation.

I mean you really just backpedaled after you made the mistake of challenging a basic fact and I was nice enough to let you off the hook. I'm not sure if a simple review of July's events constitutes a rundown of "talking points" but I wouldn't blame you if you found that review too challenging to follow along with.

I really doubt Clinton minds that the State Department is conducting an internal review considering she's been cleared. She is after all not the one who's currently facing multiple class-action lawsuits for fraud and racketeering.

Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 22 2016 11:48pm)
The poll of polls disagrees. He's doing well in Florida compared with the rust belt states he's trying to flip.

Hillary Clinton is a historically weak candidate, Donald Trump does not need to be strong to beat her, he needs to not suck.

I don't know what "the poll of polls" is. I know the highest-quality firm that's gone into FL (the NBC/WSJ joint) found Clinton with healthy leads both times, something that's been corroborated by every sub-sample poll that's come out of Miami Dade. The only people showing Trump ahead are a fake firm and someone who no one has ever heard of, and that howler Quinnipiac released last weak with their PA/OH survey that had the demographic sample that didn't even look like the state in 2004 let alone 2016. Even measuring by the lower standard Trump is not doing well in Florida: he and the RNC are outnumbered on the ground nearly 3:1 and Clinton's been dominating the airwaves for a month. At least in PA/WI Trump can take solace in the fact that Clinton thought they didn't need her attention until recently, so she didn't make him pay for his missteps the way she has in FL. His operation in OH has been a disaster and yet he's essentially tied there, so at least that's something.

Calling Clinton "historically weak" makes you sound detached from reality. It'd be fair to say she isn't popular (considering she's got a 40%-55% favorability rating) but Trump is somehow even more unpopular (35%-60%). Clinton's got a massive infrastructure advantage and she's currently winning the air war by a mile, so she's looking like a pretty strong candidate right now. Not as strong as she was thought to be in 2011-2013, but running a strong campaign.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 23 2016 09:40am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 23 2016 01:48am)

Clinton is not a weak candidate, lol. Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves to sleep at night.

Quote (excellence @ Jul 22 2016 07:47pm)

His speech painted a really dark picture that isn't substantiated by facts. He is talking about a war on police when the past few years have been safer than ever before to be a cop, and it is safer to be a cop now than it was during the Bush and Reagan years. These hysterics are only going to work on a small percentage of people. He got up there and talked about locking up more people of color (be a law and order president) and he talked about radically expanding the powers of the POTUS....
Gold: 633.87
Jul 23 2016 10:25am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 23 2016 10:40am)
Clinton is not a weak candidate, lol. Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves to sleep at night.

She would be the most unpopular candidate in history if not for Trump. Is that not historically weak?

Quote (Pollster @ Jul 23 2016 10:27am)

I don't know what "the poll of polls" is. I know the highest-quality firm that's gone into FL (the NBC/WSJ joint) found Clinton with healthy leads both times, something that's been corroborated by every sub-sample poll that's come out of Miami Dade. The only people showing Trump ahead are a fake firm and someone who no one has ever heard of, and that howler Quinnipiac released last weak with their PA/OH survey that had the demographic sample that didn't even look like the state in 2004 let alone 2016. Even measuring by the lower standard Trump is not doing well in Florida: he and the RNC are outnumbered on the ground nearly 3:1 and Clinton's been dominating the airwaves for a month. At least in PA/WI Trump can take solace in the fact that Clinton thought they didn't need her attention until recently, so she didn't make him pay for his missteps the way she has in FL. His operation in OH has been a disaster and yet he's essentially tied there, so at least that's something.

Calling Clinton "historically weak" makes you sound detached from reality. It'd be fair to say she isn't popular (considering she's got a 40%-55% favorability rating) but Trump is somehow even more unpopular (35%-60%). Clinton's got a massive infrastructure advantage and she's currently winning the air war by a mile, so she's looking like a pretty strong candidate right now. Not as strong as she was thought to be in 2011-2013, but running a strong campaign.

He is given better odds to take Florida than to take Ohio, PA, or Michigan. Whether Clinton will win Florida or not isn't relevant. Trump has better odds for winning Florida than other swing states. It is not a bad state for him comparatively.

Yes, Trump is very weak, that does not make Clinton strong.
Jul 23 2016 11:08am
Quote (Skinned @ 23 Jul 2016 11:40)
He got up there and talked about locking up more people of color (be a law and order president) and he talked about radically expanding the powers of the POTUS....

wtf why do you say only people of color would be locked up more with law and order - youre suggesting only people of color cannot follow law and order. this is incredibly racist and judgemental and extremely careless.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev142434445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll