d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > The Life Of A Flipper Poe Style > Not Easy At First
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,632,109.00
May 22 2016 10:05pm
nothing brewing today. not 1 sale. shit i couldnt even get a starting bid of 14k on my mirror. seriously last time i buy 1. I will have to convert in game and then sell exalts once again. annoying to say the least. The flippers are starting to panick and lower their prices. Why i have no clue. weekend is always the slowest. people go out and shit like that you know real life shit. and at end of league so shit slows down with that too. should be common knowledge by now. I will hold, and stay the path. If you keep on dropping your price, is it even worth it to flip? not really imo.

gold still the same 132, 571

May 23 2016 04:18pm
It is Monday, and already picked back up after not selling shit basically over the weekend. Sold 160 exalts in past couple of hours, with a potential deal for 2 eternals and 250 exalts in the works. I have 0 reason to be holding onto eternals, I am not gonna craft on standard. They have been sitting in my trophy case cause they do not drop anymore, but that is about it. Time to sell them if I can. Comp is heating up with multiple people having 100s of exalts to sell and everyone going after same people that are buying. I will not drop my price even if they do. I already dropped once, anymore and it just becomes not worth it. Fine line between making less per flip and making so little flipping not worth it. Stay strong, the people you have dealt with in the past do remember you. This is where being legit and trustworthy can always come Into play, people know they are safe trading with you, they will come back to you when they need.

Gold 146,721

Fuck you mirror, still not a bid or a start at 14k. This puppy might have to go on the trophy case for awhile u til I can offload it. Grumble
May 24 2016 09:47am
Fell asleep last night with my guy still in game, just checked cause someone bought 50 exalts and could sold a lot of shit from my shop :( ehhh such is life when you are tired, you forget things. Real slow going right now trying to get rid of the rest of these exalts. Slower then usual, but league is really winding down. And exalt prices are starting to drop. So would be nice to get rid of all of them before price does drop other wise, gonna be stuck holding what is left until prices go up which could be a couple of weeks, not a big fan of holding anything if I can help it. Which is why I hate mirrors.but there are a lot more people with epeen status on standard so might have to wait until everything rolls over to get rid of it. Until then I will keep trucking away trying to get rid of these last 400 exalts(lil over 400, like 425)

Was bored last night and when I get bored I creep around bnp (bar and pub) watched, was real tempted but I probably should have pooled as I watched someone tilt 150k fg. I just try to watch out for the degenerate in me cause there really is no in between. You either get rich or go broke trying there. Most people go broke and very few get rich, cash out most of it and then go broke with the rest. The onl really consistent thing there is everyone going broke which I am trying to avoid as can't flip with no fg.

Gold 150,445

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 24 2016 09:48am
May 24 2016 08:17pm
Was able to get rid of somemore exalts today, around 230 left. Fuck ton of people selling right now. Hopefully get rid of the last of these in next day or 2.
Was bored slow at work, and slow on d2j. Lost 2500 fg in bar and pub. Very tempting to keep going but I didn't, I stopped. Bar and pub is like McDonald's. You have to gamble a little and lose to make you remember why you don't do it more, just like McDonald's you have to eat it once in a blue moon to remind yourself why you haven't eaten it in so long. Now when is all said and down. I might be at like 199k which is like a kick in the nuts since 200k is right there. Maybe I hit the d2j lotto? Lol yeah right but I still play it when it hits 20k anyway.

Gold 164,735

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 24 2016 08:17pm
May 25 2016 10:59am
so was able to offload the rest of my exs today and then some, had to buy 111 from someone else. I basically made shit from the extra 111 i bought from someone else, but again the idea here is coming through. I came through for what the person needed and in return they should come back when they need more in the future.
I was able to actually buy some exs really cheap on perandus league and even if i sell mirror at cost, should hit 200k on the nose maybe a slight bit more. If anyone is following this, now you will start to see dips in fg as now I am in buying mode again.

gold 185,407
mirror for sale @14.5k
2 eternals for sale @2k ea

hopefully these 3 items sell.

Edit this is what i mean by coming through as the buyer added me on skype, which means they will come to me first when the need arises

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 25 2016 11:11am
May 25 2016 11:01am
you know I felt like this was a really slow month but i guess it wasnt so bad after all

Showing Transactions From The Month of: May 2016 · Total Transactions: 149 · Gold In/Out: 373,389.98 / 322,648.00
May 25 2016 11:04pm
well as you can see my gold is back down

gold 158,600

these dips are to be expected, espcially when in buying mode. Now the person that added me on skype has another 20k or so fg that he is cashing in tomorrow or say he says. So I grabbed 250 exs at a decent price, if he comes through i will make a quick 1k fg and call that won a win. Also just clicked on d2j at the right time twice at work and caught an absolute steal from the same game twice. I mean for the 24 exs I bought from him I should be able to pull in almost 1k from. Now I know it doesnt sound like alot and to tell you the truth it is not, but it adds up quick. 1k here, 1k there, 2500 from one batch, 3500 from another and your bank even though it is revolving and you hardly ever get to see everything cashed out at the same time grows quicker then you realize. you reach the 100k mark and you keep flipping and before you know it, you have another 800 exs stocked and still over 100k fg. Listen if it works don't fix it just keep on going. I still see a ton of people that seriously have no fucking clue on how to trade so I think soon I will post here a guide imo and how I go about trading to not only be safe but to also be a good trader. You want people to have good experiences trading with you. this is what keeps them coming back even with them knowing you are a flipper.

since the mirror is limbo right now, the goal is to hit 200k without it selling, if it sells before i convert it, that is just a bonus.

May 26 2016 02:57pm
So far the person who added me on skype has not contacted me, so at this point those exalts get put on the market. No time to sit idle waiting on people, as people are impatient, if I can offload these exalts will do so. In the mean time, having been buying exalts at my price which is cheaper then what everyone is selling for now, even less,then the cheap ones. Nothing really exciting going on, still a bit slow but people are starting to offload before league ends so they have fg when the new one begins. This is the time to buy as it will pay off later even if you have to hold exalts for a bit
May 27 2016 10:19am
well like i said above not much going on, selling wise. will still try to offload the 300 exalts i got. just to let you know how impatient people are. Someone pmd me for exalts last night, 5 minutes and change later I answered back and was to late, he got from someone else. still buying for cheap so I can sell for cheap when league starts. hopefully something happens today :)

Sorry to cut it so short when I did but the baby got up. Have more to say always :) will make another post at work where I can get peace and quiet :wallbash:

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 27 2016 10:43am
May 27 2016 06:32pm
So at work, peace and quiet :) just looking into getting my Cisco certification since, with my experience in telecommunications and if I can get certified, opens up tons of doors for me and more $$$$. Friend just reached out that I used to work with. He is head of operations at bt (British telecom) and has some jobs opening up. I'd jump ship from where I am now to go work for bt in a heartbeat. Bt takes care of their people. Didn't even know they were In United States until my friend got a job there, he moved up the ranks quickly. Just remember in life,it is rarely what you know, but who you know.

Anyway person that added me on skype did come back today and spent another 10,600 fg, not bad. He has already spent about 37000 fg with me, and what did I do. I reinvested it right back into exalts cause I got a pm for 100 exalts at a really good price, again at this point you are going to see you fg go up and down, until it slows down (new league starts) and even after that, you will have a panick sell off for cheap because people are impatient and I will grab as many deals as possible. See then the people that were selling dirt cheap have no more exalts. And the price starts to rise slowly. So for awhile will probably be buying when league starts, but when it starts to rise to a certain point, then it is time to dump and make a good profit.

Trading, Jesus some people still do not get it. Listen, if a person has more then 100k fg then what in the fuck do you have to be scared about hitting accept first on a 4K transaction? Seriously scammers don't go around with a 100k fg. I have yet to see anyone with that much fg scam or be accused of it. If a person has a 2006 account with 50k posts 98% of the time you are fine, we all know it is illegal to sell your d2j account. Doesn't mean that it does happen either. Someone that has an account that old with that many posts is worth far greater in real $$$ then a5 or 10k transaction. Again it is illegal to sell your d2j account.
Now in the same sense, I don't give a flying fuck in your account is from 2004, if I have 150k fg and more posts then you. Screw you, you go first. Without the post count and the date, your account not worth nearly as much. You do not owe anyone 0 respect for the date of their account unless they have the post count to go with it, because then you know they are active. Fuck you and fuck your 2004 account. You go first. I am active and I have the fg.
If someone is offering way more then everyone else for just say exalts and has like 5k fg, this should be a red flag to you. Request a med, do not go first, and do not let greed get the best of you and make a poor choice. There are always other deals and trades to be made. Missing 1 is. It gonna make or break you. If you are right, then some poor sap that was greedy gets scammed and you do not. If you were wrong, admit it and apologize. Shit I have called people out in their own threads only to be wrong. And I apologized in their thread to them. But if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, usually it's a fucking duck, know what I mean?
Unlike other games where mentioning and confirming your d2j name and fg and the trade is acceptable. In Poe it is not, using d2j is a bannable offense. This is what amazes me since myself and most active traders have it right in our sig. Do not mention d2j in game and what do people do? You got it, hey it's so and so from d2j 500fg for 7 exalts. This is when you say Uhhh you have the wrong person, leave party and exit game and then ask the person on d2j what in the hell is the matter with you? Not looking to get banned.

Seriously the more you trade, the more you will get to the know the ins and outs and who you can hit that accept button first with and who you do not. There is only one true way to trade safe and that is to request a med. if someone is not willing to use a med to break up a trade into reasonable amounts. Walk, don't give a shit if that person is legit or not, walk. Just do not be like the person I saw the other day that wanted to buy 11 exalts and wanted to break it up Into 11 trades of 1 ex each, really? Unless I'm making a massive amount of fg on each 1 exalt trade, I'll pass. I have traded 1000 exalts in less trades then that. Also do look at a persons recent posts, they may not have a large,post count and they might even have a newer account but you can see that they are selling shit in Poe to go buy d2j stuff. Treat each trade unique unless you have had multiple dealings with the person. Because each trade is unique and people are unique. Each one is different and a couple of clicks takes 2'seconds to find out just a little bit about the person you are about to trade with.

That is it for now, trade safe. If it doesn't sit right with, request a med or walk. Fg does not go bad ;) any questions or any doubts about trading with a player? Pm me and I'll give you my honest opinion on what I would do. 99% of my posts have been nothing but trading. I could easily have 15k posts by now by going to general chat or posting bullshit in every thread I see like a lot of people do. Most of my interactions on a personal level come from pms. The 5600 posts are all business. Which most people who have 20k posts probably do not have that many posts for just trading.

Until next time, be safe and trade safe.

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 27 2016 06:37pm
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic