d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > How
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,743.93
May 11 2016 07:37am
Quote (Dante @ May 11 2016 11:49pm)
And the next thing you will claim is that feet and inches scale better than meters do? Just because it's right over there it's not wrong elsewhere

Omfg ... what the fuck does metres, feet and inches have to do with placing decimal point and commas into monetary values for fuck sake. They are totally different equations... next minute you are going to say I spell fucking metres, colour and other irrelevent things to prove that your ego is larger than a simple comma or decimal placement.

Fucking moronic response to my post, use something logical and keep to the subject matter. If you can't, then shut the fuck up.
Gold: 105,555.55
May 11 2016 07:38am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 11 May 2016 14:37)
Omfg ... what the fuck does metres, feet and inches have to do with placing decimal point and commas into monetary values for fuck sake. They are totally different equations... next minute you are going to say I spell fucking metres, colour and other irrelevent things to prove that your ego is larger than a simple comma or decimal placement.

Fucking moronic response to my post, use something logical and keep to the subject matter. If you can't, then shut the fuck up.

how mad must one person be

what I am saying is that we do things different over here

whether it be lengths (inches/feet to meters)
fluids (ounces to liters)
weights (grams to pounds)

or things like decimal points / commas, there is no right or wrong

and the only thing you come up with is flaming me?

Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 11 May 2016 14:33)
well here in europe we use it like i said. i am 100% sure since i earn my money with numbers ;)
the only thing which we can do is being aware of that different way of writing.
if you are a german pupil and write 2.5 then i will underline it with a red colour and tell you that it is 2,5
also 0,25 it is always written like that in germany.
this is 112 million, 223 thousand and 444 "komma" 56

just what I am saying, right or wrong depends on where you are

This post was edited by Dante on May 11 2016 07:39am
May 11 2016 08:05am
@ Dante, this is what I wrote, nothing to do with anything you stated... can you see it now?

Quote (izParagonzi @ May 11 2016 07:17pm)
Commas' are normally used in relevence to monetary value to divide 4 digits and higher by revealing them in 3s'.

@ ahs_darkhunter.

If I was in Germany and wrote out a cheque for $1,354.85 and gave it to the cashier, would she/he clear it or not? How do you write the value of Pye/Pi (both are correct), is it with a decimal point or a comma?
3.14159 or you look up this example of 100,000 digits of Pi/Pye

http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~huberty/math5337/groupe/digits.html

End note for both, yes there are differences where a person comes from, but in reality the monetary numbering systen is basically the same, even when converting pounds to $$$s. It should also be universal ... mind you, I try to spell American words for them to understand me a bit more, so many times people have stated... what is Metre, Centre or anything with 'tre' at the end (excluding "entre")... I just woke up... at fucking 1.XX am (morning) or 01xx hours for those using 24 hour. sorry for my bad manners.

EDIT: shit, going back to bed otherwise I will be grumpy all day long and take it out on everything.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on May 11 2016 08:07am
May 11 2016 09:20am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 11 May 2016 07:17)
1,50 is incorrect, it is $1.50, commas are used differently, 1,244.50 is the correct way, not 1.244,50, the comma divides the three(3) 0s (or oher numbers) to make it easier to read when the number is 4 digits and higher (excluding fractional/ratio numbers).

Somehow I don't think people will understand my explanation.

Decimal point is used when there is a lesser number than the whole: i.e. 0.25 cents, or identifying 50% as 0.50 in mathematical terms. Commas' are normally used in relevence to monetary value to divide 4 digits and higher by revealing them in 3s'.

EDIT: Forgot to also point out that the decimal point is also used like shorthand... $2.5m or 2.35k ... where the digits are reduced by the introduction of letters identifying them as m=million or k=thousand.

no, this is what you said, Rex. I highlighted it for you.
Gold: 134.69
May 11 2016 09:25am
If you think different than me, you're wrong! murica!

This post was edited by dude_927 on May 11 2016 09:26am
Gold: 138,170.53
Trader: Trusted
May 11 2016 09:58am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 11 May 2016 15:05)
@ Dante, this is what I wrote, nothing to do with anything you stated... can you see it now?

@ ahs_darkhunter.

If I was in Germany and wrote out a cheque for $1,354.85 and gave it to the cashier, would she/he clear it or not? How do you write the value of Pye/Pi (both are correct), is it with a decimal point or a comma?
3.14159 or you look up this example of 100,000 digits of Pi/Pye

http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~huberty/math5337/groupe/digits.html

End note for both, yes there are differences where a person comes from, but in reality the monetary numbering systen is basically the same, even when converting pounds to $$$s. It should also be universal ... mind you, I try to spell American words for them to understand me a bit more, so many times people have stated... what is Metre, Centre or anything with 'tre' at the end (excluding "entre")... I just woke up... at fucking 1.XX am (morning) or 01xx hours for those using 24 hour. sorry for my bad manners.

EDIT: shit, going back to bed otherwise I will be grumpy all day long and take it out on everything.

The cashier would use common sense and understand.
Using pi depending on the Situation using common sense again. ;) 3,14 or a little bit more than 3 for a rough estimate and as many figures as my calculator is giving me if i want the calculation to be as exact as possible avoiding this not neccessary mistake. ;)
And still i am teaching my pupils to be able to understand numbers written here at home, still telling them how things work at other countries so that they dont get confused if they get in contact with other people
Gold: 70,568.31
May 11 2016 10:12am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

scroll down to "examples of use"

This post was edited by sp_patl on May 11 2016 10:33am
Gold: 134.69
May 11 2016 12:05pm
Quote (sp_patl @ May 11 2016 11:12am)

ok switzerland and italy, now youre just being difficult
May 11 2016 12:46pm
Quote (Dante @ May 12 2016 04:20am)
no, this is what you said, Rex. I highlighted it for you.

That is correct... I did state it was wrong, and it is wrong. When I write it out fully, I use commas to separate it and a full-stop to end it.
Mind you, what does it have to do with feet, inches and metres like you wrote? It don't, so get over it already, you lost your point of argument.

Quote (sp_patl @ May 12 2016 05:12am)

Actually, just because countries using Arabic comma doesn't necessarilly mean anything, the page you linked indicates that we use a "decimal dot" vs "Arabic Comma", which if you think for yourself, is actually a full-stop... hence the reason why so many people translating script got everything wrong ... anyway... had a rest and found it fun to recapture a debate to get my briancells sparking.

I like how people bring up Wiki links to prove a point... it is funny that they don't try and use another form of debate tool. Like this, write down a number higher than tens of thousands in letter (alphabetically) first, then re-write it in numerical value as you have written it down, using the commas:

One million, five hundred and fifty six thousand, nine hundred and eighty three dollars. Twenty four cents.
$1,556,983.24
May 11 2016 01:20pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 11 May 2016 19:46)
That is correct... I did state it was wrong, and it is wrong. When I write it out fully, I use commas to separate it and a full-stop to end it.
Mind you, what does it have to do with feet, inches and metres like you wrote? It don't, so get over it already, you lost your point of argument.

Actually, just because countries using Arabic comma doesn't necessarilly mean anything, the page you linked indicates that we use a "decimal dot" vs "Arabic Comma", which if you think for yourself, is actually a full-stop... hence the reason why so many people translating script got everything wrong ... anyway... had a rest and found it fun to recapture a debate to get my briancells sparking.

I like how people bring up Wiki links to prove a point... it is funny that they don't try and use another form of debate tool. Like this, write down a number higher than tens of thousands in letter (alphabetically) first, then re-write it in numerical value as you have written it down, using the commas:

One million, five hundred and fifty six thousand, nine hundred and eighty three dollars. Twenty four cents.
$1,556,983.24

okay Rex, grab another beer and keep on living in the dream world where you win arguments by telling people they're wrong
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll