d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1292293294295296298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 18 2018 01:33am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 17 2018 08:54pm)
Truthfully the only group I've seen that I would recognize by their fruits, as it says in the bible, are Mormons. Still, they have their own share of institutional problems.

People like you just remind me how little I have to worry about by not believing, because you are so obviously following a fiction for your own personal gain.

You obviously haven't gone to a Church to see Christians in action. How can you judge when you haven't even seen a group of Christians?

You were given a very simple choice, repent or perish. Whether you like it or not, judgement is coming. You have chosen the path that will lead to your destruction.

Luke 13:1-9

Repent or Perish
Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’

“‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”

We are all sinners. Every one of us. You. Me. Even The Father knows deeply of sin. It's a poison that clouds our minds. What if I told you, you could be free from sin? What if I told you that everything you ever dreamed could come true?

What if I told you that everything could be overcome if you embraced an idea: That freedom of sin can come from the power of just one word...

It is that simple.

Quote (Tjo @ Sep 17 2018 09:04pm)
Man you are just driven by ego, just so you know, not by love. You are arguing too much. You want Thor to confess Christ for your sake, not for his, or for Jesus sake. There is no love and selflessness in debating.

"I could have very easily made it so that you bow down and worship me instead of Jesus", really fella? You got a huge ego it seems. Calm down a little bit.

you are not acting like Jesus would act that is for sure. Because if he exists, he obviously doesnt force himself on anyone. You are trying to push it down his throat. Really you should do some soul-searching because I can guarantee you that you will understand that you are acting from an egotistical motive right now - that is why you look so stupid.

Thor actually feels way more humble than you pretend to be.

I take it you forgot the last conversation we had? I present all this overwhelming evidence and yet, for some strange reason, no matter what the argument is people here just refuse to believe.

I don't understand why everybody in here is so close-minded.

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Sep 17 2018 11:15pm)
Christians have the biggest egos. You have a special relationship with an all-powerful being, and he has a specific plan for you, and it’s your divine duty to convert as many people as possible?

_ .. _ . ___ ___
| | | |./ _ \/ __|
| |_| |. __/\__ \
\__, |\___||___/
__/ |
|___/

We Christians will stop at nothing to ensure that you get to Heaven when you die.

Quote (Ghot @ Sep 17 2018 11:17pm)
I told him that about a 1000 posts ago as well. He doesn't want to listen or hear. I see a nice white room for him in the future.
CPK001 is seriously overwhelmed by his belief.

It's great to be overwhelmed by that belief isn't it? I'm compelled by the power of Christ to preach the Good News if it's the last thing I ever do.
Gold: 10,655.00
Sep 18 2018 01:58am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 18 2018 03:33am)
I'm compelled by the power of Christ to preach the Good News if it's the last thing I ever do.

It probably will be. ^^

Gold: 9.00
Sep 18 2018 04:23am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 18 2018 09:33am)
I take it you forgot the last conversation we had? I present all this overwhelming evidence and yet, for some strange reason, no matter what the argument is people here just refuse to believe.

I don't understand why everybody in here is so close-minded.

Yes but let them believe what they want, it is not your decision, it is up to them. Right now you come across as someone who wants to force your own beliefs on people. People respond negatively to you because they can feel that you are acting from selfish motives. There is no love in forcing other people. Just present what you believe and then let your fellow men decide for themselves. You will feel tremendous amount of frustration throughout life if you do not understand this.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 18 2018 04:49am
Quote (Tjo @ Sep 18 2018 06:23am)
Yes but let them believe what they want, it is not your decision, it is up to them. Right now you come across as someone who wants to force your own beliefs on people. People respond negatively to you because they can feel that you are acting from selfish motives. There is no love in forcing other people. Just present what you believe and then let your fellow men decide for themselves. You will feel tremendous amount of frustration throughout life if you do not understand this.

Sounds like atheist self projection
Sep 18 2018 04:50am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Sep 17 2018 09:15am)
Christians have the biggest egos. You have a special relationship with an all-powerful being, and he has a specific plan for you, and it’s your divine duty to convert as many people as possible?

Duh 🙄
Gold: 9.00
Sep 18 2018 04:54am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 18 2018 12:49pm)
Sounds like atheist self projection

What exactly do you mean? I am not an atheist.
Sep 18 2018 04:58am
Quote (Tjo @ Sep 18 2018 06:54am)
What exactly do you mean? I am not an atheist.

What are you?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 18 2018 03:22pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 18 2018 05:58pm)
It probably will be. ^^

It's great isn't it? On my final day, I will still be singing his praise.

Quote (Tjo @ Sep 18 2018 08:23pm)

Matthew 28:16-20
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I can choose to listen to your words or to listen to God's word. I wonder whose word has more authority?

Did you know that The Bible tells things how it is? It tells you straight up that you are a sinner. It doesn't beat around the bush. It is very confronting and challenge you. That it what it did with me. It was hard yes. People don't like having their whole life being questioned. It is very evident in here. Yet that is the truth. What would you do if you see somebody heading down towards the path of destruction? Is it more loving to do nothing or to do something? I'd do something about it, hence here I am.

Did you manage to work out Jesus' genealogy in Matthew and Luke?
Gold: 260.11
Sep 18 2018 07:19pm
I've gone to church many many times. I grew up in Baptist country, and have gone with my friend in college to Catholic mass (I think that's what you would call it?) a few times.
Sep 18 2018 08:37pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1292293294295296298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll