d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1253254255256257298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9.00
May 30 2018 03:29am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 30 2018 10:58am)
Does this all make sense?

No.

But we are not getting any further I guess.

I just think it is so strange that you must be a Bible scholar in order to harmonize the text in the New Testament; and even they cannot do it.

Yet I must admit that the story about Jesus is a beautiful one, and maybe it is true, and that the New Testament was corrupted, who knows. I will keep on celebrating Christmas, however.

This post was edited by Tjo on May 30 2018 03:34am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 30 2018 03:40am
Quote (Tjo @ 30 May 2018 12:29)
No.

I just think it is so strange that you must be a Bible scholar in order to harmonize the text in the New Testament; and even they cannot do it.

Yet I must admit that the story about Jesus is a beautiful one, and maybe it is true, and that the New Testament was corrupted, who knows. I will keep on celebrating Christmas, however.

Jesus is fake, just like Santa on Christmas. I mean, is not like Santa is actuallly God, giving away presents. I mean, the only thing they resemble, is the white hair, and the white beard, and the magic, and not many things actually.
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2018 04:08am
Quote (Tjo @ May 30 2018 07:29pm)
No.

Which part of the genealogy makes no sense? Let's take the Matthew/Luke books and true/false parts out for now and let's focus on the lineage itself.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 30 2018 05:32am
a little bit of miracle in this biblical non-sense
(meawhile while arguing on a fairy tales book)

May 30 2018 07:49am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 30 2018 12:08pm)
Which part of the genealogy makes no sense? Let's take the Matthew/Luke books and true/false parts out for now and let's focus on the lineage itself.

Because it doesn't say that Heli is Mary's father, once again, her name is not mentioned. What is it that you do not understand? Read the Bible, rather than the "explanation" so called, by the apologetics. Just pick it up and read. In Matthew 1 it says that Jacob is the father of Joseph, in Luke 3 it says that Heli is the father of Joseph. For the last time; Luke 3 is not about Mary's genealogy. I suggest you read Matthew 1, carefully and thoughtfully, then do the same with Luke 3. I do not know if your Bible has changed this, because I know that some modern fake translations have changed lots of stuff because of the embarassment. You will not be able to solve this, all you can do is to admit that there is a contradiction.

That picture you posted is a lie because the Bible does not say that Heli is Mary's father. It says Heli is the father of Joseph.

My theory and firm belief is that at least parts of the NT was written before 70 AD - when the temple and the genealogy records were destroyed. Hence they could freely come up with a suitable family tree for their Jesus. But indeed it is fascinating in a way, and one almost comes to believe that the NT is divine, because how else would such a clumsily written book spread all over the world, become the official religion of numerous western nations, and set the foundation for western morality and ethics? That is surely a miracle, the only miracle of the New Testament!

This post was edited by Tjo on May 30 2018 08:08am
Gold: 186.16
May 30 2018 08:45pm
European 'Christians' no longer align with Christian faith

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/05/european-christians-no-longer-align-with-christian-faith/#4TGLD4EJOWzxZwZB.99
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 31 2018 12:13am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 31 May 2018 05:45)
European 'Christians' no longer align with Christian faith

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/05/european-christians-no-longer-align-with-christian-faith/#4TGLD4EJOWzxZwZB.99

I'm not a Christian, but I'm more Cristian than them american christians

This post was edited by the_rest on May 31 2018 12:13am
Gold: 0.00
May 31 2018 01:53am
Quote (Tjo @ May 30 2018 11:49pm)
Because it doesn't say that Heli is Mary's father, once again, her name is not mentioned. What is it that you do not understand? Read the Bible, rather than the "explanation" so called, by the apologetics. Just pick it up and read. In Matthew 1 it says that Jacob is the father of Joseph, in Luke 3 it says that Heli is the father of Joseph. For the last time; Luke 3 is not about Mary's genealogy. I suggest you read Matthew 1, carefully and thoughtfully, then do the same with Luke 3. I do not know if your Bible has changed this, because I know that some modern fake translations have changed lots of stuff because of the embarassment. You will not be able to solve this, all you can do is to admit that there is a contradiction.

That picture you posted is a lie because the Bible does not say that Heli is Mary's father. It says Heli is the father of Joseph.

My theory and firm belief is that at least parts of the NT was written before 70 AD - when the temple and the genealogy records were destroyed. Hence they could freely come up with a suitable family tree for their Jesus. But indeed it is fascinating in a way, and one almost comes to believe that the NT is divine, because how else would such a clumsily written book spread all over the world, become the official religion of numerous western nations, and set the foundation for western morality and ethics? That is surely a miracle, the only miracle of the New Testament!

Mary was not mentioned because women were not normally listed in either Roman or Jewish genealogies. Luke is also making a point to trace Jesus' genealogy and not Mary's. I also understand the levirate marriage between Jacob and Heli. You did read Deuteronomy 25:5-6 right? If so then that picture explains it. In Luke's Gospel, he claims to have carefully investigated based on eyewitness accounts. Luke doesn't explicitly state that Mary was the daughter of Heli but you can do some searching like I did and figure it out. There are those who did all the hard investigations and present it all to you in easy to read form.

Believe me, if this were something in the Bible that did not make sense to anybody at all then there would be grounds to doubt the legitimacy of Jesus. If the genealogy were a problem then it would have proved that Jesus was illegitimate to be the Messiah. Instead, Christianity has been going strong for over 2,000 years.

There may be one thing that I did get wrong and that is Matthat having another son, Joachim, who then had Mary. What if Heli and Joachim were one in the same? Heli and Joachim are interchangeable for the same man. Heli is the father of Mary! That explains everything and makes perfect sense!

This picture does indeed explain it all:

Oh yes and here is my reference.

http://newtheologicalmovement.***/2011/07/why-isnt-joachim-mentioned-in-jesus.html
May 31 2018 04:46am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 31 2018 09:53am)
Mary was not mentioned because women were not normally listed in either Roman or Jewish genealogies. Luke is also making a point to trace Jesus' genealogy and not Mary's. I also understand the levirate marriage between Jacob and Heli. You did read Deuteronomy 25:5-6 right? If so then that picture explains it. In Luke's Gospel, he claims to have carefully investigated based on eyewitness accounts. Luke doesn't explicitly state that Mary was the daughter of Heli but you can do some searching like I did and figure it out. There are those who did all the hard investigations and present it all to you in easy to read form.

There may be one thing that I did get wrong and that is Matthat having another son, Joachim, who then had Mary. What if Heli and Joachim were one in the same? Heli and Joachim are interchangeable for the same man. Heli is the father of Mary! That explains everything and makes perfect sense!

This picture does indeed explain it all:

http://i64.tinypic.com/351g5qu.jpg

Oh yes and here is my reference.

http://newtheologicalmovement./2011/07/why-isnt-joachim-mentioned-in-jesus.html

You would never accept such an "explanation" for the quran, for buddhism. That excuse is seriously ludricous. Luke 3 is not about mary's genealogy. They clearly say joseph. You can then say that they did not mean joseph when they say joseph, but they meant mary when they said joseph, but any rational mind can sed through the pile of excuses and read luke 3 himself. Read the bible and you can see clearly that the apologetics explanation is not good enough.

And no.... levirate marriages were not included in genealogies... it was all about the seed. Most scholars tries to make it, like you, about a genealogy of Mary. There is zero evidence for this, zero. They don't even mention Mary.

Even if that was the case, why didnt authors just say so?

So much excuses.

My mother's father is John. My father's father is Roger. <-- No contradiction in this state at all, I was of course referring to my father's genealogy when I said it was Roger! :wacko:

Quote (CPK001 @ May 31 2018 09:53am)
Believe me, if this were something in the Bible that did not make sense to anybody at all then there would be grounds to doubt the legitimacy of Jesus. If the genealogy were a problem then it would have proved that Jesus was illegitimate to be the Messiah. Instead, Christianity has been going strong for over 2,000 years.

Now you just suppose that Christianity is true because the big crowd says so. No! It is contradictory, period, and MANY CHRISTIAN scholars admits it. Earlier part in history it was not even allowed to own a Bible for ordinary people, so how could they read for themselves? It is just recently that everyone has an education and are able to read, understand and scrutinize Bible. The vast majority of people were simple workers in centuries, lol.
Islam has been going strong for 1400 years, yet that book contains errors. But of course, with your level of explanatory flexibility no book has contradictions.

This post was edited by Tjo on May 31 2018 04:56am
May 31 2018 05:44am
Didnt mean to write mother's father was gonna write father's father etc. I hope you understand.

Anyway we are not getting any further. Im out.

Here you see judaism's view and why they nevee accepted nt.

https://outreachjudaism.org/outreach-judaism-responds-to-jews-for-jesus/

This post was edited by Tjo on May 31 2018 06:01am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1253254255256257298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll