d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Time To Fight.
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 126,123.10
Aug 27 2016 08:18am
Vancouver tournament this weekend. going to sign up for SF5, BB & KOF14.
going to start playing to learn instead of playing to win.
this doesnt mean im going to not care about my losses, just that i need to make sure i am making clearer decisions and take my losses better.
Aug 30 2016 12:02am
went 2-2 in kof.. it was the scrubiest tournament ever. only a couple ppl were playing reasonably. ill comeback in that pretty strongly, tho.
1-2 in BB. alot to learn, but low priority. ill be boppin' this game come oct with BBCF!

and SF5 i tied for..5th i think out of 24 ppl....1 of them i am pretty sure i can beat now, altho i wasnt going to beat him at that moment, i am sure now i can. the other...ill have to think of something new to win..

playing KOF14 now!!! practicing Chin. he has some cool juggles. combos are fun. damage is high. he also has a really strong crossup HP it seems. he should be fun to play.
Sep 1 2016 12:20am
practicing more tonight!

starting to make the habit of watching all of my ranked replays. even if it means i only play a few sets a night, i have to make sure the next time i face a matchup that i am significantly better than i was before both in the matchup and as a player.
just faced a Nash and won 2-1, exlcuding the first time, i was able to counter all of his VTs he used under pressure. i realised what a huge blow that is to him. he loses out on so much damage and escape potential. this will be effective vs the bad nashes. good nashes are going to use them in scenarios that are difficult for me to get out of... like the SB xx VT cross up/non cross up mixup..tbh idk how to deal with that yet LOL.
work has been busy so i havnt been able to practice KOF as much as i want, but i believe tomorrow i am not working...so i have alot to do!
CHECK LIST!
-WORKOUT! first thing!
-Review any SF ranked matches i may have waited on
-1 Blazblue character review (also may include finishing arakune). i want to be done all those before noon!
-KOF!!! i dont know if ill get matches in. my friend is workign and the online sucks atm...but i will practice and watch/research some stuff.
-then ofc more SF5 ranked! ROAD TO DIAMOND!!
Sep 4 2016 05:56pm
the ranked replay thing seems to be working. i feels like i learn alot every match, even only doing 4-5 sets a day. i am back up to 11k! about where i was before i fell into a pit of salt and excuses.
havnt practiced KOF as much as id liek to have. some upcoming tournaments have me motivated in sf5. but ive still made time for kof every day so far, just not going quickly, is all.
blazblue is lacking..meh..not that i havnt really had time for it. just my care levels for it are kinda low for what im trying to do in it atm. maybe ill do a bit of that today just to keep it on track. 1 month until CF. if i do a char a day, ill get it done. hmmm ill have to get really efficient i guess!!!
Sep 26 2016 03:01pm
havn't been updating lately, so here's a bit of catchup!

1.went to an underdogs tournament in vancouver and won. underdogs meaning the best players are banned. (currently only 2 banned players). there were 2 others i felt could take it, so i trained to face them. unfortunately neither of them showed up.(had other thigns going on, i guess).
i ended up taking it pretty confidently, but i was underwhelmed...and now i am also banned from underdogs. so i will have to stick to the regular monthlies.

2. i got 4th place in KOF14 at the same tournament. the 3 above me, 2 are strong KOF players, the other was tier whoring like a madman. whatever works i guess. havnt played it since, but going to start again today!

3. i hit diamond in SF5! now im going to take a break from ranked. i feel it made me play too flowchart. my vega is so unoptimal. lots work on. im also going to practice more chars.

4. decided against buying the japanese version of BBCF. would end up costing me about 110$ to get the yen psn cards needed for it. english version comes out in november, anyways, so ill wait for that.

5. picking up japanese with the thought of going to Japan for their edition of EVO in 2018. ive tried it before, but ended up quitting due to there not being enough reason to learn it. now with an actual purpose, i am finding it much more enjoyable.

gotta get back to it!

Oct 4 2016 10:00am
am sleepy this morning...workwork..dunno what to do when i get home.probably sleep.
Oct 13 2016 09:59pm
havnt been updating. maybe because i havnt been very disciplined.
still been working out relatively often..
diet is okay..
studying japanese. its not going as fast as i wanted due to disciplinary problems.
havnt been training my games very hard/intelligently, i feel...not 100% sure how i should be practicing. i have some vague idea..i supposed i just need to write them down and construct something more solid.
blazblue central fiction is out. trying to learn litchi.
i had all sorts of plans for what i was gonig to accomplish today and practically did zero of them...what's wrong with me ._.

leaving to vancouver for a tournament tomorrow....ft.Mike Ross XD. some of the seattle guys are comign up to. hopefully get some good practice in. going to be really stormy there. going to have to dress well..

This post was edited by nate321 on Oct 13 2016 10:01pm
Oct 27 2016 01:45am
after that tournament..i am dropping vega and picking up cammy. i knew i got this camy sig made for a reason 7 years ago. Vega was just too inconsistent of a cahracter for me.

aside from taht, i am creating a litchi tutorial as a project to help me learn her and blazblue. whether i publish the tutorial or not, idk, yet.

japanese and exercise i havnt doing for maybe the last week, now..i was kind of depressed on the weekend. still havnt found the discipline to get back into it. how ever last few days ive really been into my games. so at least there is that.
i would like to be on track with everything else, but i have ahrd time making time for everything. maybe i will at least try to learn some japanese tonight.
started having thoughts about moving to vancouver...financially its not a good idea, but maybe i would enjoy life more there. altho i would be stuck working alot more with a different job..and if i work too much, i get depressed. maybe i am spoiled, because i know so many ppl who have always worked more hours than me, and idk how they do it ~_~. maybe you just get used to it, but i seriously do start geting depressed when i dont ahve time to do things i want to do. that's usually been the case, but as i mentioned, last weekend was not good for me, and of course it was 2 days off, and i still couldnt enjoy myself. mainly because i lost focus/motivation/heart in doing what ive been doing. and maybe if i am not dedicated to something, then i get sad. oh well, i am feeling fine now, but still not on track with everything i want to do. gotta keep grinding.. >_<
Nov 9 2016 11:17am
very emotional lately. usually i am not this way. havnt done any exercise or japanese in weeks. only been playing sf5 really, and that is going up n down. gotta cleanup my act..how to do so..
Nov 16 2016 06:27am
going to relax!

the grind has not been beneficial to me. i havnt been able to keep a strong or objective discipline. after all this time of not being able to do it. i am going to relax and let my training be more natural...i am also going to spend time playing games that i really do want to play, such as mario maker and some final fantasy games..

also when i do play fighting games which will still happen every day..going to focus more on watching footage than grinding, as i enjoy improving more than basic playing. the grind creates too much salt and bad habits. and with less time being invested, the smarter learning will be required to make any progress. maybe in the long run this relax play will be more beneficial.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic