d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Jjba - Praise Be To Wry > Dio Vs Za Warudo
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 293.50
Aug 7 2015 12:45pm
Quote (dakariii @ Aug 7 2015 07:52am)
this

s2>s1? wtf
then it goes into egypt arc and you think it might get back on track but it's the same crap, still like the show but it feels like filler now
actually the whole stand thing is very filler'y, you can always tell when its filler in shonen because the enemies are so one dimensional and they have one unoriginal ability, the power over metal/fire etc. Stands feel like the dolls/bound in bleach, so dumb stopped watching the show before i realized what filler was

here's some ideas for stands/filler bad guy, they can have the power of...cutting, please don't cut me! or crushing, ahh no im being crushed! or air, nooo i'm being blown away! Seriously who comes up with this stuff and how long does it take them?

what? the plot becomes non existent, they spend 2 seasons traveling from where they start to the destination and nothing happens in between that changes anything lol. season 1 was actually plot driven, are you taking the piss

i hope you realize stardust crusaders is from the early 90s lol it's just a remaster
Gold: 16,240.00
Aug 8 2015 01:17am
Quote (Sasori @ Aug 7 2015 06:44pm)
the antagonist in season 1 is the same as season 3 why are you even trolling.

also the powers used in 1-2 are exactly the same lewl

I'm calling sdc season 2 and egypt season 3, ripple powers were cool and seemed different to stuff I had seen before (and now they pretty much don't use them), stands not so much as I mentioned before
Also while dio makes a return he was pretty pivital to the story at the start while now he's just a an overarching plot device (haven't seen end of season yet! hope its good) 40 episodes and all they do is fight random tarot cards/gods that appear out of nowhere and don't effect the story, think how much stuff happens over 26 episodes in the first 2 parts

i hope you realize stardust crusaders is from the early 90s lol it's just a remaster

Hm i didn't know this, thought they did like 13 episodes and a movie of phantom blood in the past, don't see how they turn it into so much
Anyway I like the way it looks was just going off the writing etc. I know its fun and quirky now, why i still watch it, and references old horror movies etc that I haven't seen, but it used to be awesome and original which was better imo. Dio's cameos are still good, finishing it now thx for topic
Gold: 293.50
Aug 8 2015 03:08pm
Quote (dakariii @ Aug 8 2015 01:17am)
I'm calling sdc season 2 and egypt season 3, ripple powers were cool and seemed different to stuff I had seen before (and now they pretty much don't use them), stands not so much as I mentioned before
Also while dio makes a return he was pretty pivital to the story at the start while now he's just a an overarching plot device (haven't seen end of season yet! hope its good) 40 episodes and all they do is fight random tarot cards/gods that appear out of nowhere and don't effect the story, think how much stuff happens over 26 episodes in the first 2 parts

Hm i didn't know this, thought they did like 13 episodes and a movie of phantom blood in the past, don't see how they turn it into so much
Anyway I like the way it looks was just going off the writing etc. I know its fun and quirky now, why i still watch it, and references old horror movies etc that I haven't seen, but it used to be awesome and original which was better imo. Dio's cameos are still good, finishing it now thx for topic

cameos? oh boy are you gonna be in for a treat.

trust me.
once they actually reach egypt the show becomes an unstoppable force you can't help but place among the very best

season 1 is "The Phantom Blood"
season 2 is "Battle Tendency" which is the Young Joseph Arc
season 3 is "Stardust Crusaders"
it's worth finishing trust me

E#2 also hamon energy is useless against non vampires since it's a life energy on the same wavelength as the sun. dio knows this which is why he's hiring assassins who aren't vampires. hamon plays a part still. and is still a focal point of many of Joseph's attacks. he combines it very frequently with Hermit Purple

E: and the reason they fight "seemingly random" tarot card stand users is that they are trying to convey a "around the world in 80 days" style of journey. SDC takes very heavily after modern literature especially around the world in 80 days which they actually reference. theres very few stand users in the world.
the reason they all have a tarot card associated with them is due to this. they are all well known assassin's that dio is using his considerable influence to manipulate into killing the joestars which while he respects them for their tenacity and ability for growth he also looks down on them as he does the rest of the world. (he took the body of the only man he ever TRULY respected aka jonathan joestar because he believed it would allow him to tap into this limitless potential they possess) you will be blown away by the last 10 episodes of SDC. guaranteed.

E: and yeah JJBA is a really old manga dating back to like 1986 with phantom bloods debut or something it's ancient. SDC was early 90's (with all the really ugly early 90's art juicy goodness) and JJBA 2012 is Phantom Blood, battle tendency, and stardust crusaders all redone with small changes in story (nothing really basically the same) but MASSIVE visual overhauls. Hunter x Hunter's overhaul was imo pretty minor. this is like a TOTAL 180 completely different art style. and i really appreciate it.

This post was edited by Sasori on Aug 8 2015 03:19pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll