d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Monolths
Prev123456174Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 17 2015 03:20pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 17 2015 03:48pm)
i think, but cant conclusively say, that some of what you suggest may be off. When they say "there are no BC artifacts" they arent exclusively talking about artifacts like tools. Alot of the artifacts that you would expect to find on a BC site would be things like shell fragments from nuts and fruit, seeds, tiny scraps of cloth, many broken pieces of pottery and tools, etc.

Generally anywhere that had activity would also have the "trash" of that era, and if past generations of archaeologists have ruined the site they would likely still leave the trash behind because it wasnt until fairly recently that anthropologists began to take an interest in the trash as well as the treasure. I know personally in the dig i participated in we as a group found 2 shards of pottery and a broken bead, i was bummed, my professor was super excited however. Ill watch he episode and see if this is the type of thing im suggesting, i could be off base.

I will check out the show for sure, seems right up my alley.

NO proof is proof? - What if those people liked to clean up their garbage - when stuff breaks do you just let it fall wherever it may and just leave it there for archaeologist 3000 years from now to find? Plus the site has had various owners - maybe the "smoking gun" hasn't been found or it was and removed from the site. Look at sites from Egypt - sites are often ravaged by people throughout history looking for stuff for themselves and to sell.
Consider the rune stone that was just stolen , proof is often stolen for a number of reasons. I dont think you can base ideas on what isn't there, just because you think it should be there.
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 17 2015 03:29pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 17 2015 03:20pm)
NO proof is proof? - What if those people liked to clean up their garbage - when stuff breaks do you just let it fall wherever it may and just leave it there for archaeologist 3000 years from now to find? Plus the site has had various owners - maybe the "smoking gun" hasn't been found or it was and removed from the site. Look at sites from Egypt - sites are often ravaged by people throughout history looking for stuff for themselves and to sell.
Consider the rune stone that was just stolen , proof is often stolen for a number of reasons. I dont think you can base ideas on what isn't there, just because you think it should be there.

The thing is that literally every other site has debris from past civilizations, no human civilization has perfectly "cleaned up their mess". You have to think of the housing and cooking areas, these are always cluttered with debris that varies from full pieces to incredibly tiny fragments as small as 1/8th of an inch. It seems after listening to the first half of the video it is not as much a case of "we havent found any ancient debris" its more that the site hasnt been properly studied at all. On top of that there has been massive damage to the site and it has been inhabited and visited for many millennia after the ancients were there, cluttering the area with debris that must be sorted. On top of that its a 160 acre site, which would take many many decades to even begin gridding off.

I really do think this specific case has less to do with a coverup though, which i fully acknowledge have and do happen. It seems the overall size of the site is a major factor, and without even a general grid study its difficult to publish any findings. The good news is it has full protective status, so the future may allow for alot of studies to take place. On top of that its open to the public, i know id love to visit it.

I want to see some good academic work on the site to see what all is at play, when there were studies, and what theories arose from those studies. It seems like too big of a site to not be more famous thats for sure.
Aug 17 2015 05:14pm
Who says it was an entire civilization - could have just been a handful of people. Also the idea of removing your garbage from where you live is not a new one. They have been doing it for thousands of years. The next time your wife tells you to take out the garbage, tell her you're saving it for future archeologist to discover that you were here and see how well that one goes over.

A cover up? -I never said anything like that - its has been owned by different people who wanted to prove it was one thing or something else and what it exactly is, no one can never really say, or come to a definitive conclusion because certain items may or may not be there at preset.

You really need to look into the Phoenician theory more and how it links to the Knight Templar to understand the ideas fully, just looking at this site alone is just brushing the surface and when you start to see how so much is related - you begin to see a picture beyond the one that the Pilgrims were the discovers of "Merica" or that Columbus discovered the New World.

Did you ever see that movie with Tom Hanks called the Da Vinci Code - that was just the start of the idea.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2015 04:13am
Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Aug 2015 20:48)
i think, but cant conclusively say, that some of what you suggest may be off. When they say "there are no BC artifacts" they arent exclusively talking about artifacts like tools. Alot of the artifacts that you would expect to find on a BC site would be things like shell fragments from nuts and fruit, seeds, tiny scraps of cloth, many broken pieces of pottery and tools, etc.

Generally anywhere that had activity would also have the "trash" of that era, and if past generations of archaeologists have ruined the site they would likely still leave the trash behind because it wasnt until fairly recently that anthropologists began to take an interest in the trash as well as the treasure. I know personally in the dig i participated in we as a group found 2 shards of pottery and a broken bead, i was bummed, my professor was super excited however. Ill watch he episode and see if this is the type of thing im suggesting, i could be off base.

I will check out the show for sure, seems right up my alley.

u need more Time Team in ur life :P
Aug 18 2015 04:17am
Quote (Scaly @ Aug 18 2015 05:13am)
u need more Time Team in ur life :P

Archeology with tractors and clear fields?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2015 05:05am
Quote (card_sultan @ 18 Aug 2015 10:17)
Archeology with tractors and clear fields?

Yea... why not? they find all kindsa shit.
Aug 18 2015 05:40am
Quote (Scaly @ Aug 18 2015 06:05am)
Yea... why not? they find all kindsa shit.

yeah it works, i've seen that show, they find lots of roman structures and items.

But they're always digging up some clear field, gets tougher when you have to deal with trees and obstacles.
Aug 18 2015 11:38am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 17 2015 05:14pm)
Who says it was an entire civilization - could have just been a handful of people. Also the idea of removing your garbage from where you live is not a new one. They have been doing it for thousands of years. The next time your wife tells you to take out the garbage, tell her you're saving it for future archeologist to discover that you were here and see how well that one goes over.

If this site had no debris from the civilization who originally built it it would be the first such site ever found. EVERY culture leaves trash, in the example you gave of a modern house even if the trash was taken out tiny scraps of paper would be found under couches, crumbs in carpets, stains on walls and carpets. Its 100% impossible to remove 100% of your trash, thats one of the pillars that archaeological digs are framed on. It seems that the main problem is the original owner removed alot of things, especially that which didnt fit into his irish monks theory, which seems like the least likely theory.

I mainly want to see something "bronze age" turn up on the site, that would go a long way to silence the people who claim its a hoax.

A cover up? -I never said anything like that - its has been owned by different people who wanted to prove it was one thing or something else and what it exactly is, no one can never really say, or come to a definitive conclusion because certain items may or may not be there at preset.

You said above something about evidence being removed, i assumed it was for nefarious reasons, i didnt know you meant the removal of evidence to fit certain theories, i thought you meant someone took evidence to hide the true origins simply to keep them a secret.

You really need to look into the Phoenician theory more and how it links to the Knight Templar to understand the ideas fully, just looking at this site alone is just brushing the surface and when you start to see how so much is related - you begin to see a picture beyond the one that the Pilgrims were the discovers of "Merica" or that Columbus discovered the New World.

Did you ever see that movie with Tom Hanks called the Da Vinci Code - that was just the start of the idea.

O yes ive known about such theories for ages, and they greatly interest me. From Oak Island, to the Missing michigan copper, to this settlement. All are probable places for Templar outposts IMO.

Of course ive also known about viking settlement and exploration of North America for a long time, and im a believer in the theory that they navigated the St Lawerence and made it as far as Minnesota via the great lakes.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 18 2015 11:39am
Aug 18 2015 01:23pm
Quote (thenipa @ Aug 18 2015 12:38pm)
If this site had no debris from the civilization who originally built it it would be the first such site ever found. EVERY culture leaves trash, in the example you gave of a modern house even if the trash was taken out tiny scraps of paper would be found under couches, crumbs in carpets, stains on walls and carpets. Its 100% impossible to remove 100% of your trash, thats one of the pillars that archaeological digs are framed on. It seems that the main problem is the original owner removed alot of things, especially that which didnt fit into his irish monks theory, which seems like the least likely theory.

When you say Civilization, it infers that you think 1000s of people lived there – how do you know it had even more than a handful of people living there? Scraps of paper as proof – um paper wasn't even invented yet – crumbs and stains – um your just being stupid now. It seems that whoever was there – that the surrounding Indians would have taken any items worthwhile after everyone was passed away.
Also people love to take mementos of places they visit. No proof is not proof there was cover up.

I mainly want to see something "bronze age" turn up on the site, that would go a long way to silence the people who claim its a hoax. You said above something about evidence being removed, i assumed it was for nefarious reasons, i didnt know you meant the removal of evidence to fit certain theories, i thought you meant someone took evidence to hide the true origins simply to keep them a secret.

The site had various owners, anything you deem as evidence could have been traded or sold or picked.
Evidence could have been removed – certainly - was it because of a cover up – there no evidence to even suggest that – that just your conspiracy mind trying to equate anything you don't understand in order for you to put a label on it. Could more Archaeologist's dig up the whole site for the next 100 years looking for the smoking gun just because you say you need proof – probably not going to happen.

O yes ive known about such theories for ages, and they greatly interest me. From Oak Island, to the Missing michigan copper, to this settlement. All are probable places for Templar outposts IMO.

Of course ive also known about viking settlement and exploration of North America for a long time, and im a believer in the theory that they navigated the St Lawerence and made it as far as Minnesota via the great lakes.

I've heard the Vikings only made it to the Falls between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. What proof is their they made it as far as Minnesota, are you talking only about the Vineland map or is there something else?
So much proof really that other people have known about NA for 3-5k years and they are most likely related, as well as other proof of the Knights Templar where here as well.
There's actually 3-4 examples of pre-Columbus carvings that show the hooked x rune stones , which is related to only the Knights Templar, look up those stories too if you can.

Have you heard the one that the Statue of Liberty is also the wife of Jesus -Mary Magdalene and that she was actually a pagen priestess in turkey.

Juicy gossip to say the least.
Aug 18 2015 02:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 18 2015 11:38am)
If this site had no debris from the civilization who originally built it it would be the first such site ever found. EVERY culture leaves trash,in the example you gave of a modern house even if the trash was taken out tiny scraps of paper would be found under couches, crumbs in carpets, stains on walls and carpets. Its 100% impossible to remove 100% of your trash, thats one of the pillars that archaeological digs are framed on. It seems that the main problem is the original owner removed alot of things, especially that which didnt fit into his irish monks theory, which seems like the least likely theory.

I mainly want to see something "bronze age" turn up on the site, that would go a long way to silence the people who claim its a hoax.

You said above something about evidence being removed, i assumed it was for nefarious reasons, i didnt know you meant the removal of evidence to fit certain theories, i thought you meant someone took evidence to hide the true origins simply to keep them a secret.

Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 18 2015 01:23pm)
When you say Civilization, it infers that you think 1000s of people lived there – how do you know it had even more than a handful of people living there? Scraps of paper as proof – um paper wasn't even invented yet – crumbs and stains – um your just being stupid now. It seems that whoever was there – that the surrounding Indians would have taken any items worthwhile after everyone was passed away.
Also people love to take mementos of places they visit. No proof is not proof there was cover up.

The site had various owners, anything you deem as evidence could have been traded or sold or picked.
Evidence could have been removed – certainly - was it because of a cover up – there no evidence to even suggest that – that just your conspiracy mind trying to equate anything you don't understand in order for you to put a label on it. Could more Archaeologist's dig up the whole site for the next 100 years looking for the smoking gun just because you say you need proof – probably not going to happen.

I've heard the Vikings only made it to the Falls between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. What proof is their they made it as far as Minnesota, are you talking only about the Vineland map or is there something else?
So much proof really that other people have known about NA for 3-5k years and they are most likely related, as well as other proof of the Knights Templar where here as well.
There's actually 3-4 examples of pre-Columbus carvings that show the hooked x rune stones , which is related to only the Knights Templar, look up those stories too if you can.

Have you heard the one that the Statue of Liberty is also the wife of Jesus -Mary Magdalene and that she was actually a pagen priestess in turkey.

Juicy gossip to say the least.

Bolded were example of common debris in a modern home, small pieces of things from the people who live there. Not things from the civilization at US stonehenge. I was trying to illustrate that even in the "clean" homes we have there are traces of out debris and trash.

As to the Vikings there is very little solid evidence, almost none that can be substantiated fully. There are indigenous stories of white men far pre-columbus, and of course the occasional runestones and things. But when you consider that the vikings most certainly sailed to the middle east its not a stretch to think they also made it to the Midwest, either via the Hudson bay, greatlakes, or a combo of the two.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 18 2015 02:27pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev123456174Next
Closed New Topic New Poll