d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Monolths
Prev12345174Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 28 2015 08:41pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 28 2015 01:59pm)
All these things about Russia have me thinking that evidence of past cultures was destroyed in either the Tsarist regime or Soviet regime. Tsar's makes more sense to me, being divinely given power and such, ancient cultures would dispel some of that. From watching those two videos it just seems like too much physical evidence is at hand to discount.

Evidence is really all over the place, and Megaliths are all over the world. Was ancient history destroyed or ruined or stolen or disregarded to cover up people for knowing anything different - you bet. Im just watching America Unearth again , it's about how the Knights Templar might have been the birth line of Jesus Christ and that they came to North America in about 1350 after the Pope declared them enemies of the state and ordered to have them all executed and then a fleet of Templar ships went missing of the Coast of Spain. They found 5 different rune stones in NA with text carvings on them along with Dates, that correlate to that time.

Fast Forward 100 years and Spain sends Christopher Columbus to "Discover" eastern land, but all the ships had Knight Templar flags on their masts - go figure.

Look as how Isis blows up ancient monuments to destroy history, I highly suspect that was done many times before.

In Pard we were talking about the age of the earth as 4.5 billion years ago, but we also know that the moon was probably a twin planet to earth and crashed into earth 4.5 billion years ago - but that means the earth is really much older because it was already a planet. How old? How long does it take to form a planet? If the universe started as a Big Bang and has no gravity to begin with why isn't matter still just exploding outward? We really understand very little and things we think we know are usually just accepted theories at best and that includes much of history.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 28 2015 08:48pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Jul 29 2015 08:45am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 28 2015 08:41pm)
Evidence is really all over the place, and Megaliths are all over the world. Was ancient history destroyed or ruined or stolen or disregarded to cover up people for knowing anything different - you bet. Im just watching America Unearth again , it's about how the Knights Templar might have been the birth line of Jesus Christ and that they came to North America in about 1350 after the Pope declared them enemies of the state and ordered to have them all executed and then a fleet of Templar ships went missing of the Coast of Spain. They found 5 different rune stones in NA with text carvings on them along with Dates, that correlate to that time.

Fast Forward 100 years and Spain sends Christopher Columbus to "Discover" eastern land, but all the ships had Knight Templar flags on their masts - go figure.

Look as how Isis blows up ancient monuments to destroy history, I highly suspect that was done many times before.

In Pard we were talking about the age of the earth as 4.5 billion years ago, but we also know that the moon was probably a twin planet to earth and crashed into earth 4.5 billion years ago - but that means the earth is really much older because it was already a planet. How old? How long does it take to form a planet? If the universe started as a Big Bang and has no gravity to begin with why isn't matter still just exploding outward? We really understand very little and things we think we know are usually just accepted theories at best and that includes much of history.

Anytime i think about ancient history, and i mean ANCIENT history, i remember that the Mayan monuments had enough time to melt into he jungle and hide before Europeans even made contact with central america. So we have a culture that was so ancient that they had been essentially forgotten by the time out own shaky record of history even starts (our "history" obviously heavily edited as well), and then on top of that there are the Olmec, which predate the Mayans by some time. This culture is so old that we know almost literally nothing about them, having only certain sites that were built on top of by the Mayans and a collection of stone heads. So we have a culture that melted into the jungle that we know almost nothing about, which is predated by a culture who's monuments literally melted into the jungle floor, and both were capable of monolithic monuments. Perhaps not the one piece obelisk type monuments we often see but columns and pyramids without a doubt, and the lack of obelisks could be preference rather than technological ability. On top of that! we know that the Mayans claimed lineage from the Olmec, and repeated this more and more as their society gained power as a city state, but even at the time it is clear that their lineage would be impossible to trace to Olmec because of the time difference between the two cultures(1000-2000+ years IIRC). It seems they used the Olmec legend as a tool to help them politically and to scare off other city states aggression. So at the time of the Maya the Olmec was a forgotten culture, albeit less forgotten than it is today.
Jul 29 2015 04:46pm
I'm always impressed by the stone work how it looks random but it's usually copied in exact detail in symmetrical places.
The exactness and precision, that they didn't even need mortar between some rocks, that they've withstood a monumental amount of time and withstood multiple earthquakes and still the precision is evident. That they are found all over the world. And some of the artifacts and workmanship suggest a skill that was very intelligent. Its really clear to me there was some really smart people here well before homosapians took over and started to spread their flawed ideologies of history and blowing up things that might suggest something different.

I guess this idea really goes against the philosophy that man was created in God's image. (which 75% of people believe)

But you really can't argue when there's 50,000+ examples of things that suggest something different then what you were told.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 29 2015 04:53pm
Gold: 1,111.11
Jul 29 2015 08:02pm
Interesting.
Jul 30 2015 06:31am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 29 2015 04:46pm)
I'm always impressed by the stone work how it looks random but it's usually copied in exact detail in symmetrical places.
The exactness and precision, that they didn't even need mortar between some rocks, that they've withstood a monumental amount of time and withstood multiple earthquakes and still the precision is evident. That they are found all over the world. And some of the artifacts and workmanship suggest a skill that was very intelligent. Its really clear to me there was some really smart people here well before homosapians took over and started to spread their flawed ideologies of history and blowing up things that might suggest something different.

I guess this idea really goes against the philosophy that man was created in God's image. (which 75% of people believe)

But you really can't argue when there's 50,000+ examples of things that suggest something different then what you were told.

well, the fact that they use no plaster yet survived earthquakes is someone of a misnomer. With plaster they would have likely broken. Because they have clean hewn faces they can move and adjust. That said they are still a marvel that in stonework is unmatched from anything i've ever seen. Machu Pichu is near the top of my travel bucket list.
Aug 16 2015 04:19pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 11 2015 03:30pm)

article says:This suggests ancient people were surprisingly sophisticated. Sounds about right.

Did you see the show on America Unearthed about America's stonehenge that no one talks about? Another early example of paleolithic megalithic stone construction, although it has little in common with the actual stonehedge.

It's very peculiar - the show talks about it as possible proof the Phoenicians were in America in BC times.

Theres also a theory it was built by Irish monks in like 300 ad. The site has been raped by Archaeologist's over 100s of years so you can't prove anything, just that it's a big WTF.

Things are always much more complicated than they seem.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 16 2015 04:22pm
Aug 17 2015 09:05am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 16 2015 04:19pm)
article says:This suggests ancient people were surprisingly sophisticated. Sounds about right.

Did you see the show on America Unearthed about America's stonehenge that no one talks about? Another early example of paleolithic megalithic stone construction, although it has little in common with the actual stonehedge.

It's very peculiar - the show talks about it as possible proof the Phoenicians were in America in BC times.

Theres also a theory it was built by Irish monks in like 300 ad. The site has been raped by Archaeologist's over 100s of years so you can't prove anything, just that it's a big WTF.

Things are always much more complicated than they seem.

Ya the wierd thing about monoliths is depending on the era the size requirement changes, the article i linked had a fairly small stone classified as a monolith, but it was because of the age of the monolith. In that era they thought the cultures were simply coastal hunter/fisher/gatherers, this challenges that in a big way and implies more sophisticated religion than we previously thought.

Ive heard the Phoenician's were here before, nothing ever perfectly linked, but it seems likely they at least visited. They were incredible sailors. Have a link to the story about the US stonehenge?
Aug 17 2015 02:42pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 17 2015 10:05am)
Ya the wierd thing about monoliths is depending on the era the size requirement changes, the article i linked had a fairly small stone classified as a monolith, but it was because of the age of the monolith. In that era they thought the cultures were simply coastal hunter/fisher/gatherers, this challenges that in a big way and implies more sophisticated religion than we previously thought.

Ive heard the Phoenician's were here before, nothing ever perfectly linked, but it seems likely they at least visited. They were incredible sailors. Have a link to the story about the US stonehenge?

There's one on wiki and and i watched one that did have a lot of history but it also concluded the whole thing was fake because there were no B.C. artifacts found there which to me seems like a weak argument considering how this site has essentially been raped by owners/archeologist over time to prove their own theories. Plus it seems like the site was just for a few men who probably didn't own much as a way to prove anything. Plus even if they did own a few cups and bowls and pots - why wouldn't that stuff be taken by surviving people, it's not like surviving people would say "Now that that someone is dead, just let that stuff that everyone needs go to waste. The only proof left that seems relevant to me is that it wasn't built by the indians, has has some astrological alignment and was built well before Columbus discovered America. You really have to tiptoe lightly around anything that suggests something different than what we are told is simple conventional archeological scientific theories.

If you're looking for theories about wtf , you need to watch that show on History called America Unearthed about America's Stonehenge - heres what the shows description says:
Stonehenge in America
Geologist Scott Wolter has reason to believe America has its very own Stonehenge in New Hampshire. With the help of a young man who discovered an amazing connection between America's Stonehenge and Stonehenge in England, Wolter explores the possibility that the ancient Phoenicians are connected to both of these megalithic sites. He also discovers both sites are accurate astronomical calendars and that alignments with the heavens are incorporated into their design.

theres also a youtube documentary thats interesting

and the site official website too

http://www.stonehengeusa.com/
Aug 17 2015 02:48pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 17 2015 02:42pm)
There's one on wiki and and i watched one that did have a lot of history but it also concluded the whole thing was fake because there were no B.C. artifacts found there which to me seems like a weak argument considering how this site has essentially been raped by owners/archeologist over time to prove their own theories. Plus it seems like the site was just for a few men who probably didn't own much as a way to prove anything. Plus even if they did own a few cups and bowls and pots - why wouldn't that stuff be taken by surviving people, it's not like surviving people would say "Now that that someone is dead, just let that stuff that everyone needs go to waste. The only proof left that seems relevant to me is that it wasn't built by the indians, has has some astrological alignment and was built well before Columbus discovered America. You really have to tiptoe lightly around anything that suggests something different than what we are told is simple conventional archeological scientific theories.

If you're looking for theories about wtf , you need to watch that show on History called America Unearthed about America's Stonehenge - heres what the shows description says:
Stonehenge in America
Geologist Scott Wolter has reason to believe America has its very own Stonehenge in New Hampshire. With the help of a young man who discovered an amazing connection between America's Stonehenge and Stonehenge in England, Wolter explores the possibility that the ancient Phoenicians are connected to both of these megalithic sites. He also discovers both sites are accurate astronomical calendars and that alignments with the heavens are incorporated into their design.

theres also a youtube documentary thats interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqj--3cgtN4

and the site official website too

http://www.stonehengeusa.com/

i think, but cant conclusively say, that some of what you suggest may be off. When they say "there are no BC artifacts" they arent exclusively talking about artifacts like tools. Alot of the artifacts that you would expect to find on a BC site would be things like shell fragments from nuts and fruit, seeds, tiny scraps of cloth, many broken pieces of pottery and tools, etc.

Generally anywhere that had activity would also have the "trash" of that era, and if past generations of archaeologists have ruined the site they would likely still leave the trash behind because it wasnt until fairly recently that anthropologists began to take an interest in the trash as well as the treasure. I know personally in the dig i participated in we as a group found 2 shards of pottery and a broken bead, i was bummed, my professor was super excited however. Ill watch he episode and see if this is the type of thing im suggesting, i could be off base.

I will check out the show for sure, seems right up my alley.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12345174Next
Closed New Topic New Poll