d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1122712281229123012313169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 2 2017 01:27am
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 2 2017 01:11am)
The media didn't make up the story.

Yes they did, they broke out the spindle and distaff and wove a yarn of bullshit

Congress members have already requested Sessions resign.

Jeff Sessions could have sneezed loudly and Pelosi would demand he resign, she already went grandstanding by breaking senate rules just to malign him.
She'll latch onto any bit of partisan hackery no matter how contrived it is and we both know that

They are reporting on what is an objectively serious accusation, regardless of whether there is merit to it.

Journalists have a responsibility to determine whether news has any merit or credibility before reporting on it, and debunking fake stories.

And Sessions' alibi's worth is debatable.
I think I've made it clear I think there's most likely something very serious in these accusations of contact with Russia to sway the results of the investigation so no I do not think this or the dozens of other pieces of evidence is a nothingburger. I genuinely think that the truth is probably closer to Narrative A than Narrative B.

And yet the narrative has holes you could pilot an imperial star destroyer through. Its completely ridiculous and nonsensical. If sessions was conspiring with the russians, why would he do it in public, then lie about it even though his meetings were on the record and seen by hundreds of people? What possible reason could he have for that? If he was participating in an actual illegal scheme, he wouldn't do it within an official capacity and he wouldn't make easily disproven lies. His "alibi" not only makes perfect sense, its extremely obvious when you look at his quote in context. He's asked specifically about trump's campaign and the russians. He answers regarding that. Theres no reason to think he's talking about his entire life in general

If we apply the same lens of "take a quote out of context by fragmenting it" we could create lies out of any innocuous statement. Lets say the exchange is:

Franken: Have you ever taken a poop on the president's desk in the oval office?
Sessions: I've been in the oval office hundreds of times, and I've never once taken a shit.
Media: WE HAVE PROOF SESSIONS COMMITTED PERJURY! He said "I've never once taken a shit", and yet here's video evidence of him at his own home a month earlier dropping the cosby kids off at the pool on a rainy day our reported obtained secret via a hidden camera and a wide stance!

I won't claim that as fact by any means because I simply don't know, but it's been a hunch of mine since like September 2016 and every story just makes it seem more and more likely. I hope I'm wrong but it'll be both vindicating and depressing if it turns out I was right.

If you want to believe there are russia-trump connections, then latching onto totally disingenuous and contrived fake news doesn't do any service to any actual legitimate suspicions. If Trump tomorrow said he needs to get his arab country freeze restarted because the democrats are bringing in a secret army of iraqi mercenaries to overthrow the government, then his preposterous nonsense would overshadow any legitimate arguments supporting his order.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Mar 2 2017 01:28am
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 2 2017 03:33am
so he is a senator that does senator stuff. his work in committees and so on naturally leads to him having contact with russians. his contact with russians is recorded and took place in the public.

and now, 6 weeks into the trump presidency, this is suddenly a scandal? bullshit, its a nothingburger and an obvious attempt of distracting the public focus away from the pitiful state of the democratic party.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2017 10:49am
What everyone is ignoring is the fact that Sessions is an attorney - one who volunteered information not specifically asked for during questioning.

If nothing else, it shows incompetence as a lawyer.
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 2 2017 01:57pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Mar 2 2017 10:49am)
What everyone is ignoring is the fact that Sessions is an attorney - one who volunteered information not specifically asked for during questioning.

If nothing else, it shows incompetence as a lawyer.

Trying to argue an overly expansive definition of voter fraud when he had activists dead to rights on stealing and changing ballots from unwilling victims showed incompetence as a lawyer
Using wording in a hearing that isn't 100% clear when taken out of context isn't damning
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2017 08:35pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 2 2017 09:32pm)

pence basement home server investigation incoming
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 2 2017 10:23pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 3 Mar 2017 03:32)

not good and should be investigated. nonetheless, the emails of a governor of indiana will talk about things that are much less classified than a federal secretary of state. by using a private email account as governor of indiana, pence most likely didnt risk the national security. clinton as secretary of state did just that. moreover, afaik pence hasnt deleted all those emails.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 3 2017 07:51am
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 2 2017 09:32pm)

I'm with Pollster on this, it doesn't matter.
Gold: 20.31
Mar 3 2017 01:04pm
Quote (excellence @ Feb 28 2017 10:59am)
the one that you predicted would never happen on page one of this thread? stay small loser!!!

obligatory: thanks for the fucking laugh!!

You keep trying this same misdirection, but the simple truth is that I clearly knew the exact type of campaign we were in for well over a year in advance before we got it. We would have gotten the exact result too, were it not for a Black Swan event. I don't find it necessary to affirm everything I write comes with a 95% confidence interval to account for the extraordinarily unlikely, that's supposed to be understood.

Quote (IceMage @ Mar 1 2017 07:51am)
Dow soars 200 points and tops 21,000 for the first time ever following Trump's speech.

[x] winning [ ] not winning

Yeah, he's really been integral over these past 9 years:

Gold: 20.31
Mar 3 2017 01:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 3 2017 06:51am)
I'm with Pollster on this, it doesn't matter.

Not everyone shares my same disdain for holding people to different standards for convenient reasons. It won't take them long to get to IOKIYAR. It didn't take them long in the previous 10 cases, they'll be even faster to help President Pence.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 2 2017 09:23pm)
not good and should be investigated. nonetheless, the emails of a governor of indiana will talk about things that are much less classified than a federal secretary of state. by using a private email account as governor of indiana, pence most likely didnt risk the national security. clinton as secretary of state did just that. moreover, afaik pence hasnt deleted all those emails.

Holy shit, I fucking died at this. Clinton didn't "risk national security" or "delete emails," the people who claim that she herself are responsible for either were merely stupid enough to gobble up Republican talking points without confirming the real events for themselves.

Absolutely whatever it takes to get to IOKIYAR.

This post was edited by Pollster on Mar 3 2017 01:13pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1122712281229123012313169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll