d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1122612271228122912303169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,009.99
Mar 1 2017 09:57am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 1 2017 09:53am)
I wouldnt call it winning when trump gives the least "trumpy" speech in a long time and everyone likes it for this exact reason XD

It was a great speech by any standards, not because of trumps low expectations.

Anti-trumpers are going to find reasons to cry regardless of what he does, while simultaneously whining about pro Trumpers cheering him on no matter what he does

This post was edited by IgoSoHard on Mar 1 2017 10:00am
Gold: 1.50
Mar 1 2017 10:13am
He did a lot less sniffing than we're used to seeing from him.
Has he finally got his cocaine addiction under control?
Gold: 0.00
Mar 1 2017 10:40am
now will the media dig deep into his evening looking for negative pieces to highlight, or will they go for positive reinforcement and try to encourage him to maintain good behavior with compliments? we know he's an ego-driven monster. maybe enough attaboys can fix him.

shit, look, he did it again. he got me wondering if he has turned over a new leaf and will appear presidential again. i'm going to bet 'no' on that.
Gold: 4,383.11
Mar 1 2017 10:49am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 1 Mar 2017 16:57)
It was a great speech by any standards, not because of trumps low expectations.

Anti-trumpers are going to find reasons to cry regardless of what he does, while simultaneously whining about pro Trumpers cheering him on no matter what he does

of course, there were even guys making fun of a photo where trump was studying his notes in the car
preparing for a speech that will be watched by millions of people, wht a shocker

the speech itself was really good, sometimes a bit repetitive though

This post was edited by ampoo on Mar 1 2017 10:49am
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 2 2017 12:09am
Quote (Beowulf @ 1 Mar 2017 16:22)
Speeches like last night matter bigly big league

it's gives the Republicans that don't particular care for him as a person another olive branch to cling on to in hopes of giving him the benefit of the doubt once again

it gains ground on the war with the media "Look at me I'm not as bad as they say I am" benefit of doubt goes back to him and more people sway away from the msm

he threw some scraps to principled liberals in there as well

He needed to do what he did and he did it so politically it is was a win

I know, and I dont criticize him for giving this speech. ;)

Its just... you know, I'm actually pro trump, but still find it ridiculous how his die-hard supporters try to buzz up everything he does while his die-hard haters try to bury him for every little shit. In this case, I just found it ridiculous that someone called it "trump winning again" when markets reacted positvely to him not being his usual self. ;)

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 2 2017 12:10am
Gold: 1,152.00
Mar 2 2017 12:33am
Quote (The Washington Post)
Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

http://wapo.st/2mb6M95?tid=ss_gp

Let's hope an investigation actually happens.
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 2 2017 12:47am
Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

"There was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer. Last year, the Senator had over 25 conversations with foreign ambassadors as a senior member of the Armed Services Committee, including the British, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Australian, German and Russian ambassadors. He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign—not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee."

Thats some Grade A Nothingburger.
lets see

Narrative choice A:
Jeff Sessions was an intermediary between the Trump Campaign and the russians and coordinated with russian officials in order to rig the election while being blackmailed with compromising information, and yet despite the seriousness of these allegations, his "secret meetings" with the russian ambassador consisted of being approached at an unrelated convention while at a water cooler in full view of hundreds of people in public and exchanging hellos, getting invited to a party and declining, and then later taking a routine phone call on state business while in his office with the call entered into records. Then despite these easily proven and evidenced conversations, he lied about it on record for no explicable reason.

Narrative choice B:
Jeff Sessions is a senator who does standard senator stuff, including talking to russian ambassadors formally and informally. He gets asked a question about whether the trump campaign is conspiring with the russians or not, he says as a member of the trump campaign he hasn't, and doesn't know anyone who has. The media, desperate to create anti-trump headlines without giving two figs about how credible or easily debunked their stories are, push a slightly ambiguous wording from hours of testimony to create a fake news headline to distract from trump's successful pseudo-state-of-the-union address.

I gotta empathize with the guy, he's spent his entire career getting unfairly maligned. Trump's only been doing it for a year, for Sessions this is called "Wednesday"

This post was edited by Goomshill on Mar 2 2017 12:51am
Mar 2 2017 12:50am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 2 2017 01:47am)
Thats some Grade A Nothingburger.
lets see

Narrative choice A:
Jeff Sessions was an intermediary between the Trump Campaign and the russians and coordinated with russian officials in order to rig the election while being blackmailed with compromising information, and yet despite the seriousness of these allegations, his "secret mettings" with the russian ambassador consisted of being approached at an unrelated convention while at a water cooler in full view of hundreds of people in public and exchanging hellos, getting invited to a party and declining, and then later taking a routine phone call on state business while in his office with the call entered into records. Then despite these easily proven and evidenced conversations, he lied about it on record for no explicable reason.

Narrative choice B:
Jeff Sessions is a senator who does standard senator stuff, including talking to russian ambassadors formally and informally. He gets asked a question about whether the trump campaign is conspiring with the russians or not, he says as a member of the trump campaign he hasn't, and doesn't know anyone who has. The media, desperate to create anti-trump headlines without giving two figs about how credible or easily debunked their stories are, push a slightly ambiguous wording from hours of testimony to create a fake news headline to distract from trump's successful pseudo-state-of-the-union address.

Both narratives seem reasonable.
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 2 2017 12:58am
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 2 2017 12:50am)
Both narratives seem reasonable.

Given the total bullshit status of these headlines when looked at under any scrutiny, and the fact they've appeared a full month after the fact out of the blue
Can you at least recognize that this is an example of the news being baloney?

They'll use this as a rallying cry to hammer trump and a trump proxy for a few days of news cycles, Pelosi has already called on him to resign, shareblue probably made an entire website devoted to the story in advance and is handing out protest signs. And yet, its all concocted out of pure tripe, pulled from nothing, it didn't even take any gaffe or miscalculation by anyone on the right, let alone actual wrongdoing or a crime. Someone, whether a journalist on a hatchet job crusade or conspiracy with leftwing strategists simply invented the days headline.
Mar 2 2017 01:11am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 2 2017 01:58am)
Given the total bullshit status of these headlines when looked at under any scrutiny, and the fact they've appeared a full month after the fact out of the blue
Can you at least recognize that this is an example of the news being baloney?

They'll use this as a rallying cry to hammer trump and a trump proxy for a few days of news cycles, Pelosi has already called on him to resign, shareblue probably made an entire website devoted to the story in advance and is handing out protest signs. And yet, its all concocted out of pure tripe, pulled from nothing, it didn't even take any gaffe or miscalculation by anyone on the right, let alone actual wrongdoing or a crime. Someone, whether a journalist on a hatchet job crusade or conspiracy with leftwing strategists simply invented the days headline.

The media didn't make up the story. Congress members have already requested Sessions resign. They are reporting on what is an objectively serious accusation, regardless of whether there is merit to it. And Sessions' alibi's worth is debatable.

I think I've made it clear I think there's most likely something very serious in these accusations of contact with Russia to sway the results of the investigation so no I do not think this or the dozens of other pieces of evidence are nothingburgers. I genuinely think that the truth is probably closer to Narrative A than Narrative B.

I won't claim that as fact by any means because I simply don't know, but it's been a hunch of mine since like September 2016 and every story just makes it seem more and more likely. I hope I'm wrong but it'll be both vindicating and depressing if it turns out I was right.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Mar 2 2017 01:12am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1122612271228122912303169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll