d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Gay Man Sues God's Word > For 70million
Prev14567818Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 16 2015 04:37pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 16 2015 05:27pm)
How about you do the research yourself and see the fact that Christian churches supported slavery en mass especially in the south, and used the same book of the bible used to condemn homosexuality. The only reason you don't see them as convincing is because you were raised where you were. Go back 50 years in the south and you would probably be following segregation, go back further and yadda yadda. Whatever is acceptable for the time is contingent on the society, hard fact.

I just remembered who I am talking to, and what topic brings your logical thinking to a total stop, so there's no real need to continue typing :wacko:

A certain percentage of churches in the South(and maybe some in the North) read into scripture to find bad reasoning to support slavery. It's still not comparable to today... because scripture is clear on the issue of gay marriage and homosexual relations.

If I lived 150 years ago and supported slavery, I would not be understanding scripture, or I would basically be holding that belief outside of my Christian worldview. I wouldn't look to the Bible for insight on whether slavery was immoral.

Why hasn't the church began to change their views on pre-marital sex? That's certainly not an issue society is congruent with the church on.

I bet you find the will to continue anyway. :D
Gold: 0.76
Jul 16 2015 04:46pm
Quote (IceMage @ 16 Jul 2015 17:37)
A certain percentage of churches in the South(and maybe some in the North) read into scripture to find bad reasoning to support slavery. It's still not comparable to today... because scripture is clear on the issue of gay marriage and homosexual relations.

If I lived 150 years ago and supported slavery, I would not be understanding scripture, or I would basically be holding that belief outside of my Christian worldview. I wouldn't look to the Bible for insight on whether slavery was immoral.

Why hasn't the church began to change their views on pre-marital sex? That's certainly not an issue society is congruent with the church on.

I bet you find the will to continue anyway. :D

When you say the church are you specifically talking about the Catholic church? are you answering me or should I channel through Thor?

doj?
Jul 16 2015 04:49pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 16 2015 05:46pm)
When you say the church are you specifically talking about the Catholic church? are you answering me or should I channel through Thor?

doj?

If I was referring to the Catholic church I would say so.

The answer to your other post is in the Bible. I heard there were a few sites where you can read it for free.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 16 2015 05:09pm
Quote (IceMage @ 16 Jul 2015 17:49)
If I was referring to the Catholic church I would say so.

The answer to your other post is in the Bible. I heard there were a few sites where you can read it for free.

so you are completely dodging me on those questions? you light weight. as soon as the questions get just a little bit specific run and hide. ewww it's bad doesn't hack it in big boy conversations.
Jul 16 2015 05:33pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 16 2015 06:09pm)
so you are completely dodging me on those questions? you light weight. as soon as the questions get just a little bit specific run and hide. ewww it's bad doesn't hack it in big boy conversations.

If you were actually interested in the Christian viewpoint on homosexuality and gay marriage you would know the position already. It's not rocket science.
Gold: 109.01
Jul 16 2015 06:36pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 16 2015 06:33pm)
If you were actually interested in the Christian viewpoint on homosexuality and gay marriage you would know the position already. It's not rocket science.

There is quite a number of Christian denominations that support gay rights, homosexuals and marriage. When will people stop assuming Christianity is a monoculture of thought and beliefs. Those views are not any more or less valid than the dogma you ascribe to.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Jul 16 2015 06:39pm
Gold: 285.00
Jul 16 2015 06:37pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ Jul 16 2015 07:36pm)
There quite a number of Christian denominations that support gay rights and marriage. When will people stop assuming Christianity is a monoculture of thought and beliefs.

:hail:
Jul 16 2015 06:43pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ Jul 16 2015 07:36pm)
There is quite a number of Christian denominations that support gay rights homosexuals and marriage. When will people stop assuming Christianity is a monoculture of thought and beliefs.Those views are not any more or less valid than the dogma you ascribe to.

There's a few who have compromised their beliefs, so what? Give me a good scriptural argument that supports homosexual relations or gay marriage. There are certain issues that are very clear.

The bold is coming from a non-Christian perspective, which assumes all of Christianity is an incorrect viewpoint. The God of the universe revealed Himself in the Bible, and He revealed the truth in those documents.

The idea that there is no truth in the universe, or that truth cannot be known, is as anti-Christian as it gets.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jul 16 2015 06:45pm
Gold: 7,252.72
Jul 16 2015 06:49pm
...the falling away from sound doctrine is expected .

2 Timothy 4:3-4

New International Version (NIV)

3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 16 2015 06:56pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 16 2015 07:43pm)
There's a few who have compromised their beliefs, so what? Give me a good scriptural argument that supports homosexual relations or gay marriage. There are certain issues that are very clear.

The bold is coming from a non-Christian perspective, which assumes all of Christianity is an incorrect viewpoint. The God of the universe revealed Himself in the Bible, and He revealed the truth in those documents.

The idea that there is no truth in the universe, or that truth cannot be known, is as anti-Christian as it gets.

Those scriptural arguments have been translated and interpreted by so many damn people, there are so many beliefs, and considering that the truth as it exists right now in church doctrine is a product of human political and social action not any sort of divine inspiration, acting like you personally have a monopoly on truth is an untenable position and not something any sane person her will take seriously.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567818Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll