d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > I Have Never Seen It This Low > Just Sad Imo
Prev14567820Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50,065.51
May 8 2015 06:03pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 8 2015 07:48pm)
Again, very wrong. You're making the assumption, as a potential buyer, that people want and are willing to sell. That they value your pathetic forum gold more than their items. Since they're not accepting your offers, it seems very clear and apparent that you're wrong, and you need to either offer more, or accept that you cannot afford what it is you want. What's so difficult to understand? Just because a $4000 bottle of Scotch has been sitting in a locked shelf in the liquor store for the last 10 years doesn't mean they're going to give it to you for $500 since nobody paid $4000 yet. It means that you can't afford it. :)

Nah. They do want to sell it. Otherwise why are they bumping their threads (for years). Ridiculous if you ask me. Moreover, items do not maintain their value over time. Please take Economics 101 when you're old enough. You'll benefit greatly from it.
Gold: 6,376.70
May 8 2015 06:10pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 05:03pm)
Nah. They do want to sell it. Otherwise why are they bumping their threads (for years). Ridiculous if you ask me. Moreover, items do not maintain their value over time. Please take Economics 101 when you're old enough. You'll benefit greatly from it.

Read my edit of the last post. You still don't get it. The topic is no different from the locked display case in the liquor store. Expect or even want to sell? Maybe, maybe not. Have it available to look at on the offhand chance that somebody may one day purchase? Sure. Insanely rare/unique/irreplaceable items hold and/or gain their value constantly. Perhaps you need to take your own advice and enroll in Introduction to Microeconomics. It's clear you don't understand it. Acting as though, "There are thousands of items in this game, but only at most 50-100 players who log in even once a week, therefore those items should be 1/10th the price!" is ignorant. There is only ONE of many of the items of the quality you're searching for, and if you inquired, rather than made assumptions, chances are, better offers than yours have already been made (and rejected) for it. :)
Gold: 32,090.31
May 8 2015 06:12pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 08:03pm)

Clearly delusional LOL
Gold: 19.05
Trader: Trusted
May 8 2015 06:13pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 08:03pm)

lolwut

All I can say is I'm glad I sold out when I did. LS was fun while it lasted. I miss the old text version and Catacombs :cry:

This post was edited by Garnier on May 8 2015 06:14pm
Gold: 1,453.10
May 8 2015 06:24pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 07:03pm)

I graduate next year with a degree in Economics and Finance if you want I can tutor you since everything seems to be going right over your head

I enjoy reading InsaneBobbs posts, guy makes sense and brings up a good point in every thread he posts in
Gold: 50,065.51
May 8 2015 06:29pm
Quote (tyler225 @ May 8 2015 08:24pm)
I graduate next year with a degree in Economics and Finance if you want I can tutor you since everything seems to be going right over your head

I enjoy reading InsaneBobbs posts, guy makes sense and brings up a good point in every thread he posts in

I got Ph.D in Economics 2 years ago... try to beat that...

I'm done arguing with you children. Come back once y'all have passed Economics 101 with at least C+.
Gold: 8.00
May 8 2015 06:36pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 07:03pm)

Grade a butt hurt over pixels :rofl:
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 05:29pm)
I got Ph.D in Economics 2 years ago... try to beat that...

I'm done arguing with you children. Come back once y'all have passed Economics 101 with at least C+.

Has a Ph.D in Economics, yet doesn't understand why rare and/or unique goods gain in value? I call bullshit.

According to "pwb3's Economics 101", since in 1908 the Model T cost 950, in 1912 it cost $575, today, you should clearly be able to pick up a good dozen of them for maybe... $50 total, right? :huh:
Gold: 294.30
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 8 May 2015 17:33)
To your first point, 100% agreed. Why sell items for a fraction of the price we paid? Hell, for those of us who've been around forever and have some items that went way lower than even current prices, why even sell for 10-20x the price? Some of us don't really concern ourselves with fg beyond what is needed for this game. Nobody cares about economics on a game with so few players there is no true economy any longer, nor are most of us willing to give up what took us years to accumulate simply because some random person thinks we should.

To your second point, that's ridiculous. If that were the case, then any number of games that're so full of trolls and bitching that "nice people" are nearly unheard of would be dead, and a large number of dead games would be thriving. Attitude of a community is only a small portion of a game, to think otherwise is rather naive.

Speaking of randoms... You've posted in this topic several times now, ranting and raving about people not doing things your way. Grow up. Nobody owes you shit. If you want items, pay the prices asked, mute/find them, or accept that you'll have to live without them. This is not a buyers market. Acting as though you're the only person interested in paying a so-called "fair price" for a person's item is idiocy. Did you ever think that the person who still owns that item has their own value for it, may one day suspect the game will change enough for them to come back, and they may need it again? Why should a person invest 10K into something, sell it to you for 1.5K, then a year later, come back only to have to spend 10K to get the same or a similar item back? Some of us have patience. You don't. Don't cry because you've not grown up enough to understand that.

Glad we agree to the first :P

As to the second, Of course you do not notice it on a game like say WoW where the player base is HUGE. Millions upon millions.

But in a game of tens, you notice it much more, and it effects the user base much more drastically.

I read a really good article on this in a game informer magazine recently.
I will see if I can find the article :)

@ pwb3

To think it is a buyers world makes NO sense.
As a buyer, you can have ALL the money/currency in the world, that means NOTHING if the
seller is not willing to sell to you.

Meaning the seller can hold the item as long as they want (as mentioned) and never have to sell it.
the reason they keep bumping their threads is because no one is offering what THEY (the seller) wants, so they will not sell.
May 8 2015 07:03pm
Quote (bodierox @ May 8 2015 05:36pm)
Glad we agree to the first :P

As to the second, Of course you do not notice it on a game like say WoW where the player base is HUGE. Millions upon millions.

But in a game of tens, you notice it much more, and it effects the user base much more drastically.

I read a really good article on this in a game informer magazine recently.
I will see if I can find the article :)

Perhaps. Though much of that, in ladderslasher, can be directly attributed to changes in game mechanics, partially due to drops, partially due to the need for catacombs, and partially due to the extremely low amount of time items stay listed.

Point 1: Whether solo or group, it's difficult to simply log in and play if you have no items. Solo is an unrewarding grind, and many groups won't take you (rightfully so) because you'll make the game take longer, and might snatch all their needed skillables as "upgrades". If the drops were at a point where especially with the 30+ (and XIII + XIV to an extreme) items, they were dropping more than just a few a climb, and reached at least a medium stat level, a lot of this would be null and void. It would be more reasonable to founder along at your own pace, gathering up what is needed to fit in with the "established" groups, constantly improving due to hard work and effort. Yet without those drops, charity and stubbornness are what a new player has to rely upon, or opening up their wallet and/or fg bank for a game they aren't even certain they'll like. Now, why pay for something that you can't play reasonably well for free? Isn't paying for something in a game supposed to be the difference between a "glass ceiling" of being "good", vs being "godly"? And honestly, who wants to play a game where a year later, only their ability to beg gets them anywhere?

Point 2: Catacombs are unfriendly. 3 mobs, 3 eps, multiple abilities up to and including invulnerability to your attacks and preventing your attacks... And you have to drive. Or you have to whistle. And regen. Constantly. Your runs, as a new player who hasn't "bought in" to the game are measured typically in weeks or months. For solo. Yet you can group, right! Until the group leader examines your gear, sees you have nothiing, and would rather their climb take an hour to an hour and a half, rather than 2 to 3 hours due to the caster heal-locked on the newbie, costing the best damage, effectively limiting the group to only 3 dedicated hitters. Doesn't seem right, does it? Then the skillers moan and whine, why? Well, it took them ages to get to where they could mute/glyph level 40 items, not many drop, yet this new player is grabbing at (and getting!) all of them. Dammit. And they can't even drive at a respectable pace. Bah @ them. That's not a negative attitude, it's simply attempting to play in an efficient manner conducive to the entire team. When a 4 man team can get to MQ in 90 minutes, the skillers get their needs, and it's a great time, but the 5 man group takes 120 minutes, the skillers are robbed of their needs, and it's an exercise in frustration, how is it negative to refuse the fifth man?

Part 3: There ARE newcomers who have plenty of FG and are willing to buy in to the game. However, with the market limited to 5 day listings... What is really posted that'll get them ready/able/worthy for the daily [fast] groups that go up? Back in seasons... 1-...9? 12? When you listed an item, it stayed listed until reset. You could list 10 items on EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER. Think that through. 8 (then later, 16) characters, each with 10 items listed. 80-160 items listed, potentially for many months. Things sold. A new player, deciding they like the game, could gear up. Hell, sellers even competed with each other, lowering prices on gear to beat the competitor's similar item. Now? 5 days, with a pre-sales fee? No thanks.

Market+drops would at least bring back a solo crowd, if not boost the group crowd as well. Charity and "kindness" merely slows down groups, causing current players to lose interest, and eventually causing the new player to quit in disgust, due to not being able to get ahead without living off the dedication of another, giving up any self-sufficiency whatsoever.

In the end, community assistance, the greatest kindnesses in the world... They won't bring in more players. If I give away my full setup to a new player, all that will do is remove me from the player pool in exchange for somebody else, leaving the actual number of players in the game unchanged. :)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev14567820Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll