d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Thinking About Buying Gw2
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,884.00
Apr 22 2015 08:36pm
Pros:

- super easy pve, game is pretty much carebear by rewarding you every often with items
- pvp = require skills meaning if your good, you will always dominate 1v1 and maybe 1v2
- super easy to farm gears

Cons:

- zerg fest pve and pvp = win in this game
- dungeons are boring so many people just find the fastest possible ways to exploit it to farm tokens
- pve content is not that amazing or as big as it seems
Gold: 190.24
Apr 22 2015 08:44pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Apr 22 2015 09:35pm)
There's no really challenging PvE (then again, almost no MMOs have this)
WvWvW is always going to be pathetic until Arenanet combines a bunch of the servers.

Other than that the game is fairly solid.

Every zone prioritizes people from your server that you chose.
Once that zone is filled, it throws you into overflow servers (servers that are temporarily made because of other full zones)

Ok so leaving town is different than in gw1? I remember leaving town and it would load the outside Zone for just you or your party

@Ryce, what does Zerg mean on gw2? I hear people talk about it a lot

Btw I should add that I've never been a huge MMO player. I played WoW for like a month back in the day and I played gw1. But both games I played slow and mainly solo. Do you see this being a problem if I jump into gw2

Thank you everyone for answering my annoying questions

This post was edited by Virtue on Apr 22 2015 08:56pm
Gold: 13.37
Apr 22 2015 09:39pm
Quote (Virtue @ Apr 22 2015 06:44pm)
Ok so leaving town is different than in gw1? I remember leaving town and it would load the outside Zone for just you or your party

@Ryce, what does Zerg mean on gw2? I hear people talk about it a lot

Btw I should add that I've never been a huge MMO player. I played WoW for like a month back in the day and I played gw1. But both games I played slow and mainly solo. Do you see this being a problem if I jump into gw2

Thank you everyone for answering my annoying questions

1) leaving town in GW1 gave you a private instance. Leaving town in GW2 throws you into a map with tons of other people.

2) you can play most pve content solo (exceptions being dungeons and some high level events)

3) GW2 is super carebear (as previously stated). Once you get used to the controls and gameplay, youll be just fine. I suggest you find a helpful guild
Gold: 126.50
Apr 22 2015 11:22pm
Fantastic game. They just ended another 75% off sale. That puts it at $10. C'mon. If you don't like it it's only $10. There's no monthly fees. Unfortunately they're no longer doing continuous content updates but are trying to file rough edges All their energy is diverted to the Expansion Heart of Thorns.
Just watch for their next sale and get an account.

There's not any places you'll be soloing unless you're off in some desolate location mapping something. Even still you'll probably pass someone. But sometimes there are too many people and players compete for enemy tagging.

This post was edited by Long_cut8 on Apr 22 2015 11:29pm
Apr 23 2015 05:11pm
Cool thanks for the info guys. I'll have my new computer within 2 weeks so I think I'll buy it once it's on sale.
Kinda concerns me that I played very little of gw1 or any other mmo, so I feel as though I will be lost and confused mostly. But it beats playing shitty d3 which was my other option :D
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 23 2015 06:01pm
You can jump in without ever playing GW1 and not be lost at all, the story has almost nothing to do with 1 and the gameplay is 100% different.
Apr 23 2015 08:51pm
Quote (Scottismyboyfriend @ Apr 23 2015 07:01pm)
You can jump in without ever playing GW1 and not be lost at all, the story has almost nothing to do with 1 and the gameplay is 100% different.

Ok cool good to hear cause I really only played Prophecies (while the other expansions were already out)
I'm sure I'll read up on the full gw1 storyline tho, I really like how guild wars actually has a structured storyline unlike most mmos

Like I said I'm 2~ weeks until I can play gw2 but I've been watching gameplay videos. Haven't watched a video for every class yet but probably going to roll ranger (bow characters have been my favorite class in every game since Diablo 1 when I was really young. Even tho bow chars are always hated on for some reason) necro or thief. Thinking thief should be my second char not my first. Once I know the game I'll probably make one

This post was edited by Virtue on Apr 23 2015 09:14pm
Apr 23 2015 09:09pm
By the way, thank you everyone for being helpful and answering my questions which I'm sure have been answered in 100 other threads. Haven't used jsp in a couple years but most sub forums would have filled this topic with troll posts. You all on the other hand have been very helpful. If this reflects the gw2 community as a majority (obviously there's some trolls on every game) I think I will very much enjoy this game
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 24 2015 08:59am
As long as your post is legit you won't get trolled too much but this subforum is famous for weeding out the retards.

Guild Wars 1 and 2 easily has the best MMO community I can guarantee that. Idk what it is but people are generally helpful and nice in both games, the only times I see trolls (or troll myself) is in the pvp lobby.
Gold: 25.20
Apr 24 2015 03:39pm
Quote (Scottismyboyfriend @ Apr 24 2015 06:59am)
As long as your post is legit you won't get trolled too much but this subforum is famous for weeding out the retards.

Guild Wars 1 and 2 easily has the best MMO community I can guarantee that. Idk what it is but people are generally helpful and nice in both games, the only times I see trolls (or troll myself) is in the pvp lobby.

GW2 is a carebear game. Carebear games breed carebear players.
Everyone gets to be nice to each other.

(Not saying carebear is a bad thing)

This post was edited by FroggyG on Apr 24 2015 03:41pm
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll