d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > More Trouble Brewing? > 2 Policemen Shot Sniper Style @ Ferguson
Prev13456712Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Mar 13 2015 05:00pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 13 2015 05:15pm)
Human beings perpetuate the trauma of the past into the collective psyche of their children. It has always happened, it will always happen.

Are you really trying to say that the majority of black people agree with the hoodlums who burnt down the businesses of other black people?

No, the ones who act like animals are called animals. No amount of phrases from your Sociology classes will make me believe that the destruction of the property of innocent(and black) people is an acceptable avenue of protest.

Lol@sociology ad hominem :thumbsup:

You know I've spent as many hours in the biology and physics departments as the sociology department :p

I'm trying to say that the majority of black folks can't trust the police that are supposed to serve them and that isn't acceptable. In the worse of places it flares up from time to time. When it does, there are always people who don't understand the struggle and wonder why anybody would want to break the social contract, and call people returning to a state of nature animals. Empathy deficient.
Gold: 0.76
Mar 13 2015 05:35pm
Quote (IceMage @ 13 Mar 2015 17:15)
Human beings perpetuate the trauma of the past into the collective psyche of their children. It has always happened, it will always happen.

Are you really trying to say that the majority of black people agree with the hoodlums who burnt down the businesses of other black people?

No, the ones who act like animals are called animals. No amount of phrases from your Sociology classes will make me believe that the destruction of the property of innocent(and black) people is an acceptable avenue of protest.

Empathy isn't strong in you is it? you can't imagine the rage of being one of the most maligned and persecuted race, age, and gendered persons on the face of this continent? The night that you find out that the white cop that e shot down a brother just like you who had his hands in the air and was unarmed. The temptation would be to go a bit crazy with rage. That rage isn't a new thing it's been building inside for as long as they have been called niggers, and animals. It's been festering when they get stopped and frisked because they wear a hoodie, oh and are black. That rage comes from a desparation that has been dealt to them that they know they aren't going to land the good jobs. They'll have to settle for something close to minimum if they can find work Rage is built up year after year, from being followed around department stores because you're colored you're automatically prone to stealing?

The rage doesn't come because they are animals, it comes because the system that we all contribute to treats them like animals.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 13 2015 06:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 13 2015 06:00pm)
Lol@sociology ad hominem :thumbsup:

You know I've spent as many hours in the biology and physics departments as the sociology department :p

I'm trying to say that the majority of black folks can't trust the police that are supposed to serve them and that isn't acceptable. In the worse of places it flares up from time to time. When it does, there are always people who don't understand the struggle and wonder why anybody would want to break the social contract, and call people returning to a state of nature animals. Empathy deficient.

In 30 years Marxists like you will be using the same argument for "folks" burning down mansions.

The people who looted and burned their own city are scum, plain and simple. I have about as much empathy for them as I do the losers who live in the shitty parts of my town. Man up and become something, or keep punching the (D) every 4 years and enjoy your Obamaphone.

Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Mar 13 2015 06:35pm)
Empathy isn't strong in you is it? you can't imagine the rage of being one of the most maligned and persecuted race, age, and gendered persons on the face of this continent? The night that you find out that the white cop that e shot down a brother just like you who had his hands in the air and was unarmed. The temptation would be to go a bit crazy with rage. That rage isn't a new thing it's been building inside for as long as they have been called niggers, and animals. It's been festering when they get stopped and frisked because they wear a hoodie, oh and are black. That rage comes from a desparation that has been dealt to them that they know they aren't going to land the good jobs. They'll have to settle for something close to minimum if they can find work Rage is built up year after year, from being followed around department stores because you're colored you're automatically prone to stealing?

The rage doesn't come because they are animals, it comes because the system that we all contribute to treats them like animals.

My empathy is reserved for people who deserve it.

As for the rest...

Gold: 2,489.69
Mar 13 2015 06:07pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 13 2015 03:33pm)
Even middle class blacks in America have to warn their children about how the police will treat them. That isn't true for us. This is true for them, regardless where they were born or what college their parents graduated from.

Structural racism is the plight of all blacks in America, and all freedom loving people. I can't imagine a greater moral imperative than dismantling the existing-Jim Crow race dichotomy system.

And you know what I'm rambling on about, you're not stupid. You've seen the IQ studies and similar sciences of phrenology and physiognomy. You see them being called animals for rebelling against their terrible conditions, as you or I would if put in the same situation (or just give in to nihilism and despair like so many instead).

http://i62.tinypic.com/eqoxmv.jpg

People said the same thing about them being animals then.

Hmmm I wonder why the system perpetuates itself? Indoctrinating your children into their parents world has always been a detriment to progress.

THe adversarial nature of police-public relations is the factor that causes tension and it perpetuates itself based on both parties' action.

THe system will not change until people believe were at a place that it can change, and simply were not there yet. Too many old timers whispering into their grandkids ears on both sides of the line.
Mar 13 2015 06:22pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 13 2015 07:07pm)
Hmmm I wonder why the system perpetuates itself? Indoctrinating your children into their parents world has always been a detriment to progress.

THe adversarial nature of police-public relations is the factor that causes tension and it perpetuates itself based on both parties' action.

THe system will not change until people believe were at a place that it can change, and simply were not there yet. Too many old timers whispering into their grandkids ears on both sides of the line.

Well keeping your kids alive is pretty imperative to a parent. You have to throw out the abstract bullshit and just bend to a racist system and try not to internalize the values of those who seek to hold you down like so many do through being socialized in a society that doesn't value them.

Why do white people wait for the walk sign to cross the street and why do black people just go? Icemage would say because animals can't real walk signs, or that you need opposable thumbs to push the buttons. The real reason is much more interesting. Many white boys don't understand that white avenues for success don't work for black boys. They think that all those people have to do is the same thing they do and the cops won't stop and frisk them, kidnap them, and throw them in cages, at disproportionate rates for everybody else. And it isn't just blacks....it is pretty much most poor people, people who aren't attractive, people who are overweight unmarried women, all incarcerated at disproportionate rates.

But you can talk about abstract constructs like self-perpetuating ideology, you aren't the one who has to worry about armed guys in costumes killing or kidnapping your children because they fit some profile. I'm pretty sure that 80 or 90% of all criminal justice cases prosecuted end in a plea bargain because legal defense costs too much and public defenders are trying to get a job with the prosecutor. That means a lot of people are pleading guilty to shit they were just not involved in because it is the best of two life-ruining options. We can do better.
Mar 13 2015 06:45pm
Gold: 1,382.83
Mar 13 2015 06:56pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Mar 13 2015 08:35am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNFTfR6WycA

...That kid got violent because someone said "they don't know the answer."

How fucking hard is it to speak to someone with a little decency?

People like him are worthless and should just go die in a hole.

"man, get the fuck out of my face"
>As if he wasn't jumping in the interviewers face, while the interviewer stood peacefully by and never stepped towards him.
>As if he can't go somewhere else if he is incapable of containing his violent tendencies and emotions.
Mar 13 2015 07:05pm
Quote (Tylr @ Mar 13 2015 07:56pm)
...That kid got violent because someone said "they don't know the answer."

How fucking hard is it to speak to someone with a little decency?

People like him are worthless and should just go die in a hole.

"man, get the fuck out of my face"
>As if he wasn't jumping in the interviewers face, while the interviewer stood peacefully by and never stepped towards him.
>As if he can't go somewhere else if he is incapable of containing his violent tendencies and emotions.

Sometimes you just have to tell somebody to get the fuck out of your face. You have to transgress on the social contract sometimes, it is healthy to just be alive sometimes and not live to calculatedly. The reporter is there to profiteer of their situation anyways; are you polite to the mosquitoes? It made for a great moment.

Personally I hate the idea that somebody can just take my picture or video tape me while I'm outside.

Quote (j0ltk0la @ Mar 13 2015 07:35am)

I'm so glad I seen that, it was awesome :thumbsup:

Dude should get the Iron Sack award. I love how they all called out Barack on his failure to be a Black Leader.

And there were early Jews in Ethiopia. I love that weird strain of Black Power/Blacks being the real Jews is still alive. It is a funny ass ideology. I prefer Farrakhan myself, which is kind of the same thing, just Black Power perversion of Islam.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 13 2015 07:08pm
Gold: 1,382.83
Mar 13 2015 07:18pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 13 2015 09:05pm)
Sometimes you just have to tell somebody to get the fuck out of your face. You have to transgress on the social contract sometimes, it is healthy to just be alive sometimes and not live to calculatedly. The reporter is there to profiteer of their situation anyways; are you polite to the mosquitoes? It made for a great moment.

Personally I hate the idea that somebody can just take my picture or video tape me while I'm outside.

I'm so glad I seen that, it was awesome :thumbsup:

Dude should get the Iron Sack award. I love how they all called out Barack on his failure to be a Black Leader.

I don't think so.
You don't get in someones face, spit/yell at them, and then tell THEM to get out of your face.
The guy is an idiot and has no control, he's a repeat of a repeat, and I work with floods of people just like him. It's people like him that discredit entire discussions and issues.

And you don't flip shit when someone admits that they 'don't know' something.
Unless this is Greece and Socrates is running around discrediting you with his 'not knowing'
In which case, you sentence him to death.

Mar 13 2015 07:36pm
Quote (Tylr @ Mar 13 2015 08:18pm)
I don't think so.
You don't get in someones face, spit/yell at them, and then tell THEM to get out of your face.
The guy is an idiot and has no control, he's a repeat of a repeat, and I work with floods of people just like him. It's people like him that discredit entire discussions and issues.

And you don't flip shit when someone admits that they 'don't know' something.
Unless this is Greece and Socrates is running around discrediting you with his 'not knowing'
In which case, you sentence him to death.

Dude was definitely an idiot, and thankfully his peers had coolers heads for sure.

And if you don't at least know that race is a major determinant in America you probably deserve to be yelled at a little, especially if you're an otherwise intelligent individual.

Also, there is at least one asshole in every group of friends. Consider these people are more or less rebels, they were pretty good mannered.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 13 2015 07:41pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456712Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll