d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Network Help
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 445.00
Feb 28 2015 06:03pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 28 2015 07:48pm)
I don't know what you're not getting about the port being fine, the exact same port/wire gives me 5x/1x on my Xbox. I have of course tried switching out the cables and the port but that hasn't helped either. Both ports/cords give out 5x/1x on my Xbox/PC, only my Ps4 is getting a garbage speed. A quick search online has shown this is a fairly common problem but I haven't seen a single fix anywhere online. Was hoping someone on Jsp might have a little experience with this.

First off, there is a difference between to the two ports on the gateway.
Second off, that is how you fix problems like these. You have to eliminate what you know it can be, always starting from the easiest thing.

But hey, if you feel like you know better. Good luck on your own.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2015 06:14pm
Quote (ROM @ Feb 28 2015 05:03pm)
First off, there is a difference between to the two ports on the gateway.
Second off, that is how you fix problems like these. You have to eliminate what you know it can be, always starting from the easiest thing.

But hey, if you feel like you know better. Good luck on your own.

I've already said I've opened all available ports and changed DNS servers... you don't think I would have tried a different outlet/cord? No reason to be an ass because you asked a silly question and I responded with a somewhat rude response. It wasn't a question worth asking.

I'm looking for real fixes. I haven't been able to figure out the problem on my own or even search for a solution online, which is pretty rare and I'm frustrated about the whole thing. I've become more frustrated after seeing so many users post about having the exact same issue and PlayStation won't even comment on the matter. They told me to contact my ISP or Modem/Router provider when I asked and it's starting to look more and more like an issue on their end.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 28 2015 06:14pm
Gold: 30.00
Feb 28 2015 06:15pm
maybe its upside down
Feb 28 2015 06:41pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 28 2015 08:14pm)
I've already said I've opened all available ports and changed DNS servers... you don't think I would have tried a different outlet/cord? No reason to be an ass because you asked a silly question and I responded with a somewhat rude response. It wasn't a question worth asking.

I'm looking for real fixes. I haven't been able to figure out the problem on my own or even search for a solution online, which is pretty rare and I'm frustrated about the whole thing. I've become more frustrated after seeing so many users post about having the exact same issue and PlayStation won't even comment on the matter. They told me to contact my ISP or Modem/Router provider when I asked and it's starting to look more and more like an issue on their end.

How would I know what you tried and didn't? You said you tried changing the DNS and that you were directly tied to the modem. Which tells me you don't know what the domain name server actually does and that you didn't know you have a gateway. It's not a stretch to think you have no idea what you are taking about.
Feb 28 2015 06:45pm
Quote (ROM @ Feb 28 2015 05:41pm)
How would I know what you tried and didn't? You said you tried changing the DNS and that you were directly tied to the modem. Which tells me you don't know what the domain name server actually does and that you didn't know you have a gateway. It's not a stretch to think you have no idea what you are taking about.

Says the guy who has failed to offer even a a solution worth attempting...

You can't name a single thing I haven't tried and I have no idea what I'm talking about? The device is classified as a router/modem, I'm sorry I called it what it is and I'm sorry that confused you. You're just dodging the actual question and attacking my character for what I can only assume is sheer pettiness. Either you can help me come up with a solution or you can leave, it matters little to me.
Feb 28 2015 06:56pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 28 2015 08:45pm)
Says the guy who has failed to offer even a a solution worth attempting...

You can't name a single thing I haven't tried and I have no idea what I'm talking about? The device is classified as a router/modem, I'm sorry I called it what it is and I'm sorry that confused you. You're just dodging the actual question and attacking my character for what I can only assume is sheer pettiness. Either you can help me come up with a solution or you can leave, it matters little to me.

Have you tried using a packet sniffer to see where you are losing communication but you could always bridge your gateway and it will solve your problem without a doubt.

You googled and just blindly did what you read. You don't actually understand anything.
Feb 28 2015 07:00pm
Quote (ROM @ Feb 28 2015 05:56pm)
Have you tried using a packet sniffer to see where you are losing communication but you could always bridge your gateway and it will solve your problem without a doubt.

You googled and just blindly did what you read. You don't actually understand anything.

Researching and I'll let you know. I never claimed to have an overwhelming wealth of knowledge on the subject, you're just the 5th person who I'd talked to who had said check cables and then gone to either check dns or check ports and then been shit out of ideas. I was already frustrated and didn't feel like going through the same process.

I'll be donating 500fg if I actually fix the problem with your suggestions.

Thank you.
Feb 28 2015 07:04pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 28 2015 09:00pm)
Researching and I'll let you know. I never claimed to have an overwhelming wealth of knowledge on the subject, you're just the 5th person who I'd talked to who had said check cables and then gone to either check dns or check ports and then been shit out of ideas. I was already frustrated and didn't feel like going through the same process.

I'll be donating 500fg if I actually fix the problem with your suggestions.

Thank you.

They suggest it because it's hard to fix anything without being there and you need to eliminate these things.
No one will be able to help you really but all I can do is narrow down that it's the router portion of your gateway bot interacting with the ps4 properly. Would leave me to believe there is a firewall on the router blocking it.
A packet sniffer can show you if the ps4 is sending a whole bunch of info and the router is just refusing it.
Bridging means making your gateway act strictly as a modem and then actually using a router as well. Since gateways handle the connection poorly.

This post was edited by ROM on Feb 28 2015 07:06pm
Feb 28 2015 07:06pm
Quote (ROM @ Feb 28 2015 06:04pm)
They suggest it because it's hard to fix anything without being there and you need to eliminate these things.
No one will be able to help you really but all I can do is narrow down that it's the router portion of your gateway bot interacting with the ps4 properly. Would leave me to believe there is a firewall on the router blocking it.
A packet sniffer can show you if the ps4 is sending a whole bunch of info and the router is just refusing it.
Bridging means making your gateway act strictly as a modem and then actually using a router as well. Since gateways handle the connection poorly.

Good to know. I'll try running a sniffer first and see where that leads. Once again, I do appreciate the help and I'll be looking into this more over the weekend.
Gold: 7,460.00
Feb 28 2015 07:08pm
I'm to nervous to even offer suggestions because I feel like you'll get pissed if you've already tried it o.o
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll