d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Favorite Songs & Bands > 2015 Album & New Music Thread > Post 'em
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,900.49
Feb 3 2015 03:35pm
A little late but better late than never.

Anyways, please post stuff released this year that you recommend, are excited for, didn't like, whatever.

So far I haven't heard much from this year, but here's my early thoughts on what I've heard:

Bjork's new album -- was okay, nothing jumped out at me, but it had the feel of a "grower", not as immediately likable as some of her older stuff. Will give it another listen.

Viet Cong's self-titled -- didn't like the first half, picked up in the second, though, might go back and give it another listen.

Lupe Fiasco's new one -- listening now, enjoyed the first three tracks, some interesting instrumentation, not bad.

Hmm
Gold: 678.00
Feb 3 2015 07:10pm
New Sa†an coming out this year

https://soundcloud.com/satan666/saan-flesh-metal-preview

New Corpo Mente coming out this year

I r stoked
Feb 3 2015 08:44pm
Finished that Fela Kuti album, good stuff, seems like he tried his best to emulate MBDTF and some of it was really good and other parts were boring, but worth listening to for sure.

Also listened to Bob Dylan's new album which is apparently an album full of covers, which is odd, because this is his first album in three years and it seems like he should have produced original material but regardless I was happy to see a new album by him. His voice seemed a lot better than it did on Tempest and he uses a lot of strings which made this one seem a lot "heavier"/"darker", plus it is pretty damned sparse in general. There is no energy like there was on some of his more recent releases like Modern Times or Love and Theft, and was truthfully boring a lot of the time but for Bob Dylan fans I recommend it (as though you need me to recommend it, anyway). Um, since it is Bob Dylan I will give it another listen, especially since I got a shitty copy because their was a tone I could hear on a lot of the songs so I think it was copied/uploaded poorly.

One of his older songs came up on shuffle and blew me away in comparison, shame he's well past his ability to release shit like he did on Highway but that's life, it's not exactly the shit the Stones released late or anything but it's not phenomenal either.

This post was edited by Kamahl16 on Feb 3 2015 08:47pm
Feb 9 2015 06:02pm

I Love You, Honeybear by Father John Misty

Okay, so I gave this bitch a listen and really liked it. Enjoyed the lyrics, particularly on the last three songs, thought the singer had a good voice, enjoyed the instrumentation, etc. Gonna definitely be giving this one another listen and maybe posting something more detailed than this but so far this is the best thing I've heard from this year.

Listening to the new Mount Eerie album now though.
Gold: 100.00
Feb 9 2015 06:46pm

Not impressive at all. Unfortunately
Gold: 162.00
Feb 9 2015 06:56pm
Dance Gavin Dance
im so fucking excited.. 4/7/15 for DGD 7
Feb 12 2015 01:05pm

Everything Else Matters by Pinkshinyultrablast

RYM has this tagged as "noise pop" and "shoegaze", for anyone who's interested.

Reminds me of Warpaint's release from last year, nothing all that new and exciting from the first listen, kinda boring, don't know if I'll be going back to this one to be honest.
Gold: 30.00
Feb 12 2015 02:06pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Feb 4 2015 03:44am)
Finished that Fela Kuti album, good stuff, seems like he tried his best to emulate MBDTF and some of it was really good and other parts were boring, but worth listening to for sure.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Bob-Dylans-new-album-Shadows-in-the-Night-will-be-kicked-off-by-an-interview-with-AARP-and-a-50000-album-giveaway.-665x385.jpg

Also listened to Bob Dylan's new album which is apparently an album full of covers, which is odd, because this is his first album in three years and it seems like he should have produced original material but regardless I was happy to see a new album by him. His voice seemed a lot better than it did on Tempest and he uses a lot of strings which made this one seem a lot "heavier"/"darker", plus it is pretty damned sparse in general. There is no energy like there was on some of his more recent releases like Modern Times or Love and Theft, and was truthfully boring a lot of the time but for Bob Dylan fans I recommend it (as though you need me to recommend it, anyway). Um, since it is Bob Dylan I will give it another listen, especially since I got a shitty copy because their was a tone I could hear on a lot of the songs so I think it was copied/uploaded poorly.

One of his older songs came up on shuffle and blew me away in comparison, shame he's well past his ability to release shit like he did on Highway but that's life, it's not exactly the shit the Stones released late or anything but it's not phenomenal either.

I gave this about three songs and it's pretty much the worst thing ever

This album further proved my theory that artists such as Dylan, Bowie, Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd etc are above criticism, they could probably record themselves taking a shit and get good reviews.

Feb 12 2015 09:08pm
Quote (Svartermetalisk @ Feb 12 2015 08:06pm)
I gave this about three songs and it's pretty much the worst thing ever

This album further proved my theory that artists such as Dylan, Bowie, Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd etc are above criticism, they could probably record themselves taking a shit and get good reviews.

You thought it was that bad? I guess I have a high tolerance haha. It was better than Pink Floyd's new album, in my opinion, but not great :/.

Listened to this one today, as well:

You, Whom I've Always Hated by Thou & The Body

Listed as "Sludge metal" and "doom metal".

Some cool effects on here on a few songs, vocals aren't that good, last two tracks were good from what I remember. "Terrible Lie" (listening to it again now) is pretty good.

I apologize in the future for my comments/thoughts being such shit, but I am not good at writing about music lol.
Gold: 30.00
Feb 13 2015 03:02am
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Feb 13 2015 04:08am)
You thought it was that bad? I guess I have a high tolerance haha. It was better than Pink Floyd's new album, in my opinion, but not great :/.

Yeah. he dosen't have any soul left in his songs it's just monotone laid back performance with nothing interesting going on where as back in the days he used to really sing. How doooooooes it feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllll

Anyway listened to the new Waxahatchee as I really enjoyed the mix of PJ Harveyesque vocals, well written songs and loud guitars on her last album.
This album she tries to change things up a bit including amongst other things a piano unfortunatly it dosen't really work out for her, most songs comes off as bland and without edge.
By the second half of the album she's back to sounding aproximately the same as she used to but by then i've already lost interest.

I'll be revisiting tracks 8-11 in the future rest didn't do anything for me.

Overall 2.5 / 5

Go Back To Favorite Songs & Bands Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll