d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > 18 2v2 Lld Tournament East Ladder
Prev1111213141517Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,009.65
Jan 26 2015 11:13pm
Quote (Nike- @ Jan 26 2015 11:25pm)
This is good reasoning.

I agree with this btw.
Checking ALL gear every match... is too much.
Gold: 1,450.00
Jan 26 2015 11:20pm
This is pretty bogus, what could a level 18 pally even be prebuffing in stash? Like added holy shield? Let's be real it's a simple shield swap. Sure this guy nike was reffing but what about gondos and sorcerdon swapping out javelins cause they ran out of stack size during our duel Ulm? It didn't bother me I'm not complaining but I don't see the difference. What if you start with a 80max pally shield and realize you need more fire resist vs a fire trapper and change to a 60max/fire res jeweled shield? Or if the team your playing is running a lot and you need a regain mana shield on swap?. Changing gear before a duel should be pretty straight forward in my opinion especially when belts aren't shown before every duel in most cases but yet this is made to be a big deal when it's a zeal/charger using the stash there's nothing even to prebuff. We got tons of chars in the tourney that all rely off mana and no s/s of inventory are taken nor belts shown. This seems really closed minded and biased, you gotta think if you were raz. Don't get me wrong hujj, Ulm, burden, raz you all are my favorite jspers I like all of you I'm just trying to give me opinion here with no bias. Me and dan caught a shady set the other night when you were reffing Ulm but we didn't get bent outta shape about it, overall there seems to be some confusion with this particular rule here or not being enforced consistently. To really ensure fair play there need to be consistency and belt drops every set as well as s/s of inventory when asked with a /time stamp for chars that are thought to be using mana pots in inv to pass belt test. Pretty obvious for a necro, psy hammer sin, trapper, charger, really any char that 2 super mana pots would benefit more than 2 small charms in an inventory there is a lot of room to pull off some sky tricks with the rules. I think we all need to take it less seriously or find some consistency in how to ensure fairness based off the giant set of rules for lld I myself am still learning.
Gold: 4,505.01
Jan 26 2015 11:21pm
Hot saying reasoning isn't valid .. However its not in the rules .. And again there for its not something that can legitly be told no u can't do that ... Expically with proff of belt after rules are there to be followed if they were not written u can't implement new ones part way threw just isn't right
Jan 26 2015 11:27pm
Quote (RecessionOG @ Jan 27 2015 12:20am)
This is pretty bogus, what could a level 18 pally even be prebuffing in stash? Like added holy shield? Let's be real it's a simple shield swap. Sure this guy nike was reffing but what about gondos and sorcerdon swapping out javelins cause they ran out of stack size during our duel Ulm? It didn't bother me I'm not complaining but I don't see the difference. What if you start with a 80max pally shield and realize you need more fire resist vs a fire trapper and change to a 60max/fire res jeweled shield? Or if the team your playing is running a lot and you need a regain mana shield on swap?. Changing gear before a duel should be pretty straight forward in my opinion especially when belts aren't shown before every duel in most cases but yet this is made to be a big deal when it's a zeal/charger using the stash there's nothing even to prebuff. We got tons of chars in the tourney that all rely off mana and no s/s of inventory are taken nor belts shown. This seems really closed minded and biased, you gotta think if you were raz. Don't get me wrong hujj, Ulm, burden, raz you all are my favorite jspers I like all of you I'm just trying to give me opinion here with no bias. Me and dan caught a shady set the other night when you were reffing Ulm but we didn't get bent outta shape about it, overall there seems to be some confusion with this particular rule here or not being enforced consistently. To really ensure fair play there need to be consistency and belt drops every set as well as s/s of inventory when asked with a /time stamp for chars that are thought to be using mana pots in inv to pass belt test. Pretty obvious for a necro, psy hammer sin, trapper, charger, really any char that 2 super mana pots would benefit more than 2 small charms in an inventory there is a lot of room to pull off some sky tricks with the rules. I think we all need to take it less seriously or find some consistency in how to ensure fairness based off the giant set of rules for lld I myself am still learning.

This really couldn't be put any better ! Well said
Gold: 1,009.65
Jan 26 2015 11:31pm
Quote (RecessionOG @ Jan 27 2015 01:20am)

Everyone is making a good point.
Whats the middle ground?
Jan 26 2015 11:39pm
Quote (Sorcerdon @ Jan 27 2015 12:31am)
Everyone is making a good point.
Whats the middle ground?

Not sure tho IMO that duel should be void and redone there's no reason at all why I couldn't swap shields
Gold: 0.00
Jan 26 2015 11:51pm
Quote (RecessionOG @ Jan 27 2015 12:20am)

Im just trying to be fair to everyone I noticed hujj said no stashing in a duel I watched and when I reffed his duel I didn't allow stashing
from then on I didn't allow stashing from the start and continued to do so

prebuffing wise necro can pre buff bone shield,druid can do oak,sin can pre buff bos,sorc shiver and so on
but thats the thing I find it personally unfair to be able to keep switching gear once a ft5 has started you should finish the ft5 set with the gear you started with
thus choosing wisely your main and your swap but that's my personal opinion. overall hujjtrog started this tourney and I believe it should be his overall decision

another point I brought up with the whole re stashing a user could use say extra rep gear (bm)or stash some charms for mana pots in a duell like you mentioned n then switch it up for the next duel
if we allow stashing then we will need 2 refs per duel and take the time to view inventorys,make each user s/s time stamp before each duel and it will be a shit show do you guys disagree on that it causing more hassle then benefit?

I mean afterall this should just be a fun lil tourney but there will always be shady players n shit
Jan 26 2015 11:57pm
Quote (Ulm @ Jan 27 2015 12:51am)
Im just trying to be fair to everyone I noticed hujj said no stashing in a duel I watched and when I reffed his duel I didn't allow stashing
from then on I didn't allow stashing from the start and continued to do so

prebuffing wise necro can pre buff bone shield,druid can do oak,sin can pre buff bos,sorc shiver and so on
but thats the thing I find it personally unfair to be able to keep switching gear once a ft5 has started you should finish the ft5 set with the gear you started with
thus choosing wisely your main and your swap but that's my personal opinion. overall hujjtrog started this tourney and I believe it should be his overall decision

another point I brought up with the whole re stashing a user could use say extra rep gear (bm)or stash some charms for mana pots in a duell like you mentioned n then switch it up for the next duel
if we allow stashing then we will need 2 refs per duel and take the time to view inventorys,make each user s/s time stamp before each duel and it will be a shit show do you guys disagree on that it causing more hassle then benefit?

I mean afterall this should just be a fun lil tourney but there will always be shady players n shit

Ok but with ur theory on pots and stashing .. What's to keep someone from using 10x gcs and 10x mana pots instead of spending 300-500 fg on charms ... When the mana pots would greatly help more then the charms would ? And u can just go to akara and get them in seconds like u would just to refresh ur HP and mana after a duel
Gold: 0.00
Jan 27 2015 12:03am
Quote (Raz86 @ Jan 27 2015 12:57am)
Ok but with ur theory on pots and stashing .. What's to keep someone from using 10x gcs and 10x mana pots instead of spending 300-500 fg on charms ... When the mana pots would greatly help more then the charms would ? And u can just go to akara and get them in seconds like u would just to refresh ur HP and mana after a duel

Well when Im reffing whenever someone goes to akara I follow them and no one has been there long enough to do that but great point.
if there was ever suspicion a user will call it out and the case will get looked into ie; for starters a inventory search to see if it's full or not
but if a user has empty spaces he is obviously using pots no one in the tourney is to poor they cant afford temp charms theres no reason to have empty spots actually

(sorry if you are I'll supply you with some cheap lifers)

This post was edited by Ulm on Jan 27 2015 12:11am
Jan 27 2015 12:06am
Quote (Ulm @ Jan 27 2015 01:03am)
Well when Im reffing whenever someone goes to akara I follow them and no one has been there long enough to do that but great point.
if there was ever suspicion a user will call it out and the case will get looked into ie; for starters a inventory search to see if it's full or not

That's not true if ur running a afk system you can easily turn off the char to duel but when ur at akara u can turn back on and it will fill ur stash if u tell it to in near seconds .. Then u just turn it back off .. If u were to enforce the no stash ud have it make it so no akara tooo and just have any hurt chars get killed off and get bodies back and get full HP / mana that way
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev1111213141517Next
Add Reply New Topic