d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Do Women Lie About Rape?
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Dec 9 2014 09:51am
Quote (killg0re @ 9 Dec 2014 10:02)
Of course there are women lying about rape or women who make up stories about being raped wouldn't exist, devaluing rape victims with these fairy tales is only hurting other women, the sooner they realize this the better.

logic by men talking about rape/10

Gold: 133,165.00
Dec 9 2014 06:31pm
Quote (killg0re @ Dec 5 2014 02:01pm)
Because rape is the only crime we condemn the accused until proven otherwise, being raped for a woman has become a status symbol, something that gives them the instant power victimhood.

not the only crime, but there is definitely a promise of immediate gratification there.
Gold: 133,165.00
Dec 9 2014 06:34pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Dec 9 2014 02:49am)
More importantly (from your articles):

I mentioned this on page 3. Glad someone brought the stats (I was on my phone at the time). Meanwhile:

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-study-claims-41-of-death-row-convictions-are-in-error-20140428-story.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/many-prisoners-on-death-row-are-wrongfully-convicted/

...4% of men on death row are there under a false conviction. Seriously, there are more men about to be goddamn executed for something they didn't do than there are men sitting in prison for a rape they didn't commit.

But of course, reality has feminism bias which would interfere in our MRA circle jerk, so of course this discussion will continue for a few more pages like it's an actual topic of debate.

both are serious problems. The difference is a mere 1.9%, and being committed to prison for 20 years is arguably worse than death (arguably being the key word here). Don't try to denounce one problem by deflecting to another problem.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 9 2014 10:37pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Dec 9 2014 04:34pm)
Don't try to denounce one problem by deflecting to another problem.

Then don't try and pretend one problem occurs more than another problem (false rape reports vs. false assault/robbery/homicide/etc. reports) and make it out to be some kind of epidemic.

You guys would have an actual point if false rape accusations occurred more frequently than false reports of other crimes. But they don't occur at any rate even resembling a significant number. All you're doing is perpetuating an environment where rape survivors aren't taken seriously due to the type of crime committed. It's no wonder so many rapes go unreported, nevermind getting a conviction for a person who's extremely dangerous to society.

If you really care about this issue, then you'd care about how many false reports of robbery and whatnot go on. As it stands, I'll repeat myself in saying this is an MRA circle jerk.
Gold: 22,189.49
Dec 10 2014 12:56am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 9 2014 09:00am)
/thread

We have real numbers and the rest of this is histrionics.  The people who are screaming about women lying about rape are about the same as the women who tell all their friends about them being raped when they weren't.  They should hook up and exaggerate things together.

Actually as the report you quote hammers home on every page, it has no real numbers, and only guesswork and extrapolation which is plainly no more credible than any of the studies it cites, as it has no original research.
Nobody has real numbers, and thats well known. And they can grapple with that fact all they want, and spin it whatever way they want, but they can't end up with credible data in the end, because as they openly acknowledge, their numbers come from biased sources, based on perceptions formed by stereotype, for an issue with no common definition, bogged down under bureaucracy anathema to reliable statistics with reporting guidelines masking crime rates in general and rape in particular, with dark crime rates acknowledged by all statisticians to be drastically outweighing the reported incidences by a measure of magnitude, making any subset of data available skewed enough that extrapolations from it are pointless.

The refrain, of course, is that they don't have real numbers, nobody does. They have guesses. Anyone can pull a number out of their ass
Gold: 83.30
Dec 10 2014 03:04am
Quote (sylvannos @ Dec 10 2014 04:37am)
Then don't try and pretend one problem occurs more than another problem (false rape reports vs. false assault/robbery/homicide/etc. reports) and make it out to be some kind of epidemic.

You guys would have an actual point if false rape accusations occurred more frequently than false reports of other crimes. But they don't occur at any rate even resembling a significant number. All you're doing is perpetuating an environment where rape survivors aren't taken seriously due to the type of crime committed. It's no wonder so many rapes go unreported, nevermind getting a conviction for a person who's extremely dangerous to society.

If you really care about this issue, then you'd care about how many false reports of robbery and whatnot go on. As it stands, I'll repeat myself in saying this is an MRA circle jerk.

Plus we don't even see the amount of rapes that did happen that are not reported at all. In a quick Google search I'm getting figures of 50 to 60% of rapes going unreported. 90+% of rapists who never see a day in jail. Considering how rape can break a woman's psyche, I'd hope the MRA's in here would defend those women too.

To get a good understanding of the data you need the whole picture.
Gold: 9,039.20
Dec 10 2014 03:35am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Dec 9 2014 09:51am)
logic by men talking about rape/10

Men are who should be talking about rape, we are the primary cause and only a man can be in control of his own choices and take responsibility for them. What do you take us for, women?

Quote (balrog66 @ Dec 10 2014 03:04am)
Plus we don't even see the amount of rapes that did happen that are not reported at all. In a quick Google search I'm getting figures of 50 to 60% of rapes going unreported. 90+% of rapists who never see a day in jail. Considering how rape can break a woman's psyche, I'd hope the MRA's in here would defend those women too.

To get a good understanding of the data you need the whole picture.

With incomplete figures on rape there's no way to calculate all the false claims of rape being made outside of law either, lives being destroyed without anyway to take a defense. I expect most to be affected negatively by involuntary submitting themselves to intercourse from another but don't pretend that trying to point out that we don't have the whole picture because there is no way to obtain complete data on the subject is somehow undermining any woman's suffering after they've been raped, assuming it wasn't just some girl drinking too much and waking up with regret in the morning, discussing the varying definitions of what it means to be raped is part of determining the data to consider and that can't go unignored with the recent moves to expand the meaning and use of the word.

Quote (sylvannos @ Dec 9 2014 10:37pm)

False rape, just like rape, isn't an epidemic or something anyone should have to live in fear of. Outside of institutionalized or even military life, we don't live in a rape culture like our prisoners have to endure, it doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about those affected and potential solutions for minimizing it. All the equalist filth, MRAs and feminists, trying to account for differences between the sexes and relying on double-standards to make their points are wasting their time with the excessive labeling, naming, and shaming game, which goes to prove that they care more about maintaining their group identity than approaching this honestly.
Gold: 9,039.20
Dec 10 2014 03:55am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 9 2014 09:15am)
I'm personally content to sit back and know that women who fling rape accusations around are perfect for men who feel like men's rights are being trampled.

A match made in victim-identity Heaven!

I love your boogeyman logic....of course there is a boogeyman, or else nobody would have stories about the boogeyman, now be quite and go to sleep like a good little boy/girl  :thumbsup:  I use that reasoning sometimes too, to get my children in bed.

I don't care about men's rights, personally I love corrupting feminists, considering I can fling flowery meaningless rhetoric just like they do.

They really eat up that fluffy non-sense, when they find out my politics it makes it even more interesting, and before you know it they're nearly house wife material after some personal development under my wing.

This isn't a discussion from a basis of fear, so take a step back and examine all the facts like an adult, instead of being scared. I know most Western women nowadays might look like boogeymen but they're not so dangerous.

Gold: 0.76
Dec 10 2014 06:00am
Quote (Goomshill @ 10 Dec 2014 01:56)
Actually as the report you quote hammers home on every page, it has no real numbers, and only guesswork and extrapolation which is plainly no more credible than any of the studies it cites, as it has no original research.
Nobody has real numbers, and thats well known. And they can grapple with that fact all they want, and spin it whatever way they want, but they can't end up with credible data in the end, because as they openly acknowledge, their numbers come from biased sources, based on perceptions formed by stereotype, for an issue with no common definition, bogged down under bureaucracy anathema to reliable statistics with reporting guidelines masking crime rates in general and rape in particular, with dark crime rates acknowledged by all statisticians to be drastically outweighing the reported incidences by a measure of magnitude, making any subset of data available skewed enough that extrapolations from it are pointless.

The refrain, of course, is that they don't have real numbers, nobody does. They have guesses. Anyone can pull a number out of their ass

I'll agree 100% that all the info I can find says basically the same "it's impossible to put a real number to a somewhat close actual number". But nowhere did I see a total or even majority of disdain for the dark crime rates and their reported quantities. once again I've found it hard to tell whether the numbers are artificially high or low. I think by you just guessing one way is tipping your hand a bit eh'

Gold: 7,127.50
Dec 10 2014 10:04pm
some women lie about rape because they are ashamed of sex with someone(most commonly white women who want a beta husband to provide for them financially and want to appear innocent to the betas, alphas know what's up and impregnate them raw though)
others because it can hurt someone's reputation
not all do it
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll