d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Statism: The Most Dangerous Religion In The World > Yup
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19.00
Oct 30 2014 02:18am
This is spot on, good points made. Unfortunately we live in a sad brainwashed society, so I doubt it'll change any time soon..
Gold: 0.76
Oct 30 2014 06:30am
Quote (CopBlock @ 29 Oct 2014 16:57)
debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uVV2Dcqt0#t=124

I looked back through your posts and you never really state your opinion, you answer other posts,
and I think most of us can infer your political or lack of political temper but it would be nice if you posted an opinion yourself.
what are your ideals?

Personally I do think that it becomes dangerous when government starts to make laws that protect me from myself, because these obviously have other interests in mind.
I also have a problem with laws that are moral only laws, in other words the laws that don't keep people safe, just satisfied or happy.
I do think that those infringe on our freedoms. And if we simplified the laws that we do have and enforced them more stringently crime would go down.
there shouldn't be such a difference in sentence time for the same crime.For instance; If a potential car thief knew for a fact that he was facing 30 years it would make him think longer before acting.

I do think we need to pay income taxes to have a effective government, there should be a bottom point that starts paying and then just be a flat rate.
Gold: 83.30
Oct 30 2014 07:14am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Oct 30 2014 03:58am)
The reason for state opposition is that it has no foundation in the souls of the citizens. The state has lost it's divine mandate.

I definitely agree with this. Without a divine mandate it's inevitable that there will be more opposition to the state. Makes sense.

On the other hand the divine mandate was often abused in the past by rulers for rather selfish purposes.

A mutual control of the people on the state and the other way around seems to be what works best.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 30 2014 08:09am
I live in a liberal democracy where the state has the consent of the governed. If the state loses that, it will cease to exist.

The state only exists in our imagination, as long as we have faith in our money, our laws, and our Constitution.

Once people give up faith in the Constitution (our literal social contract) and our system of currency, then our state will die.

But I don't think individuals creating a system of rules or a Constitution like ours, and then living by it, is the most dangerous idea in the world.

I love the libertarians in this thread thinking that an anarchic system would turn out to their liking, or that dissolving the social contract means that they can still have things like property and rights, things that will just get washed away completely without the rule of law and the threat of force in that law.

We don't need a divine mandate, nothing is more divine on Earth than self-interest, and the social contract is based purely on self-interest.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 30 2014 08:09am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 30 2014 12:16pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 30 2014 08:30am)
I looked back through your posts and you never really state your opinion, you answer other posts,
and I think most of us can infer your political or lack of political temper but it would be nice if you posted an opinion yourself.
what are your ideals?

Personally I do think that it becomes dangerous when government starts to make laws that protect me from myself, because these obviously have other interests in mind.
I also have a problem with laws that are moral only laws, in other words the laws that don't keep people safe, just satisfied or happy.
I do think that those infringe on our freedoms. And if we simplified the laws that we do have  and enforced them more stringently crime would go down.
there shouldn't be such a difference in sentence time for the same crime.For instance; If a potential car thief knew for a fact that he was facing 30 years it would make him think longer before acting.

I do think we need to pay income taxes to have a effective government, there should be a bottom point that starts paying and then just be a flat rate.

i would tend to agree with every aspect of that exept for the crime parts, i do not believe someone who steal a car would require to face 30 years in jail but i do get your point. Doctors who has money may think about it twice if they actually faced jail after stabbing 46 times his own childrens instead of being free like a bird
i could agree to VOLUNTARY give an income DONATION,but nothing mandatory as an income tax @ 55% rate like im paying right now, then suck me off 15% of everything im buying, that is just wrong in my opinion.
In fact w/o thinking too much id be willing to donate 25% if it was my own choice, but currently we dont have that choice.

i also think judges shouldnt be named by politicians in power, that alters the so called Justice system
i also HIGHLY agree with you on the '' laws to protect me from myself''. I dont not believe they give a shit about us, i do believe we are nothing more than statistic/work force for them.
as dumb as it sounds, for me, if there is no victim, there is no crime.

Oct 30 2014 12:17pm
Quote (Historic @ Oct 29 2014 10:56pm)
Ima let chu finish ron paulers but this is the worst video of all time , of all time

why is that?! explain :D
Oct 30 2014 12:29pm
Quote (Gastly @ 30 Oct 2014 08:09)
when did the cult of atheism include islamophobia as a doctrine btw?

I disagree with all religion.... I just think that out of all of them the ones that pose the most threat to society are the Judeo Christian religions and chiefly Islam with Christianity and it's various sects pulling in a close second.

Islam is actively totalitarian, christianity more insidiously so.

If Islamophobia means being scared of what would happen if Islam became the dominant world religion then yea - I'm an Islamophobe. But I think that fear is well grounded in reality. There are many countries that are Islamic Theocracies and none of them have a great quality of life for women or non-Islamic residents. Quite a few of them are pretty fucking awful even for Muslims just because they are part of a different sect of Islam than the ruling party.
Gold: 4,946.71
Oct 30 2014 12:52pm
Somewhat off topic, but any religion without education is a force to be scared of. This is the current problem with Islam in certain areas of the world.
Oct 31 2014 01:09am
Quote (iMMze @ Oct 30 2014 02:52pm)
Somewhat off topic, but any religion without education is a force to be scared of. This is the current problem with Islam in certain areas of the world.

yup, nothing to do with topic
Gold: 633.87
Oct 31 2014 01:48pm
Quote (CopBlock @ Oct 29 2014 05:08pm)
im not hurting anyone not because im scared to get caged or killed,
im not hurting anyone because i know its bad, the firm grip of authority isnt what keeps me straight.

Why is it bad?

Lets be honest, you act the way you do because society has an iron grip on the very frame in which you perceive the world.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll