d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Is There A Difference In Cores & Gameplay? > Not Game Mechanics
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 52,443.89
Sep 17 2014 07:04pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 08:15pm)
When it comes to this game, there is no such thing as pussy/man core.

This game is easy, and there is no risk of dying in doin some low lvl farming.

SC is more "manly" because of all the MM and other high lvl farming-attempts.

crap, was meant to copy and edit it into my old post.. sry ^^

I agree, SC is almost always more hardcore in just about every game.

I tend to lean toward playing hardcore modes just because I enjoy building well rounded characters that take advantage of defensive items or play styles. In softcore games if you play defensively you usually fall behind, but in hardcore you are rewarded for it over time. For me that's the big difference - defense items make my rhyhorn rhyhard.

Hardcore can be boring tho if its all you play in EVERY game. Sometimes glasscannon is a lot more fun. For me its usually games that have dodge mechanics. I'm glad rotmg didn't have a softcore mode tho. Would have been boring.

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Sep 17 2014 07:17pm
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Sep 17 2014 07:31pm
This is the only game i play on softcore, and most likely the only one i will ever play on sc.

Well, all im saying is that hc could be faster, if everyone was clicking a bit harder.
I've not climbed anything with HM so idk how they are as clickers, I know that they were dedicated and produced many points.
So i assume they are good clickers, same as Silence and FS.

But hc is more like the chill-league. Ppl is on there to talk and have fun and play slowmo gaming just for funz.
While sc is more like a competition in time and prof and gps.

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Sep 17 2014 07:31pm
Gold: 52,443.89
Sep 17 2014 07:44pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 09:31pm)
This is the only game i play on softcore, and most likely the only one i will ever play on sc.

Well, all im saying is that hc could be faster, if everyone was clicking a bit harder.
I've not climbed anything with HM so idk how they are as clickers, I know that they were dedicated and produced many points.

But hc is more like the chill-league. Ppl is on there to talk and have fun and play slowmo gaming just for funz.

I wonder if the ratio of people playing focused vs chill is the same on SC and HC, but its just more noticeable on HC because you need to fill a group. In the few D2 group climbs I did no one was talking, just clicking. The sub 100ee daggers and 30 stat items I was using is what slowed me/the group down more than anything else.

Cole's gear could only stretch to so many people

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Sep 17 2014 07:50pm
Gold: 0.70
Sep 17 2014 07:44pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 08:31pm)

Yeah and I agree with HC being the chill-league. e/ Haven't played SC but everyone loves to shoot the shit via text or skype. People always trying to pull you into some form on voice chat program. THe climbs are so long something has to be done to keep people awake lol

IMO HM was pretty similiar to silence when I played with both every now and then.

This post was edited by lxxgatmanxxl on Sep 17 2014 07:45pm
Members++
Sep 17 2014 07:56pm
Well Im just saying what I think about both cores and what the difference is.
I know hc players are going to take offense when im saying they are worse clickers lol.
But sadly theres too few ppl on hc to make "gg pub runs" today.
I believe our fastest g/o run on hc was ~1.20-1.25ish somewhere cant remember. But that was with 1 mans gear.
Only 1 person in our guild have gear, and he have enough gear to gear 5 of us.
2-3 ppl will have good sets, while the other 2 will have mediocre and still we make that 1.25 run which isnt bad at all.
So when I climb pub on hc and it takes nearly 2.10 just because ppl want to explore 45+ I rather shoot myself in the leg lol.
My maincore is obv sc so the only reason im doin hc at all is because im either superbored or because we was so close to labby and i wanted us to get to #1 spot faster.

Well, both cores could be alot more fun, if the inactive ppl would just sell their gear lol.
There is so much good gear laying around on old accounts who are never coming back to the site and def not to play.

Gold: 8,697.38
Sep 17 2014 08:02pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 18 2014 12:52pm)
Well theres ofc alot more and better gear on sc than there is on hc, because of the amount of players.

There is always the risk of dying but ppl on hc are playing it waaaay too safe, which is why most of the climbs take longer time to finish.
Alot of points are spent into VITA..... Which instead could be spent to more dmg.

Idk whats normal on hc to stat on a warlock, but on sc we roll as base 35 if we do black 1-71
and if we would explore like 40-45+ as hc does all the climbs i would roll ~35-50 vit max no more at all..
WL need the int or it will run oom which sucks on hc, because you normally do it every level (depending on how good your group are clicking)

First time we tried to do 1-101 on sc with our g/o group with terrible setup for it we did it in 1h 41min i believe.
That is mostly faster than random groups does 1-71 on sc and by far faster than a 1-71 on hc ;/

I would love to see how long it would take hc to do that lol, if they put together the 5 best clickers and gears to do it.

Again some very good points... thanks. So I am going to just bring up something different. [1-71 black spinning is irrelevent to below content]

3-5 stat points used to increase a weapons base damage, equates to 1-2 min [3 stat points] base dmg, and another 2 stat points increase max base dmg by 2-4, so pretty much 5 stat points to make a difference to the Min / Max BASE damage. Enhanced Effect is calculated later. [Basically you use 5 levels of stat points to gain a noticeable difference in the base weapon damage]

Vitality/Intelligence is toatally different, it is like +2 or 3 to life/mana pool per level, it also increases your defense, and on top of that, you get +1 regen per 25 stat points

For softcore, you could actually make faster runs having your tanker pump more vitality [75-100 maximum] and using HIGH stat armor compared to EE armor... and with the amount of healing gear available in softcore, it would not be an issue to keep him alive at all and still retain group DPS... BUT, of course an EE + 60 stat armor is better than a plain 60 stat armor.

You can also utilise a different ability for the tanker as well, especially for farming Shamans... let us say he is a Barb... this is perfect, he stats upto 100 vita [level 21 upto 31 max], then rest to weapon choice. Abilities while tanking WITHOUT ee armor... Powerstrike [attack] / Retribution [defense] / Healrage [healed]... now since 2 of those abilities are his abilities, he only needs like 3 points each [48%] etc. Makes for a great Shaman Hunter Group.

Again... softcore doesn't need to worry about loss of gear, thus no need to worry about those stat points.

EDIT: was typing while all the discussions were happening... :lol:

Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 18 2014 01:31pm)

When I was on SC... I had more chill runs than anything else... personally... this is just me, and I hardly ever say anything, but I fvcking hate it when 2-3 people in the group climb is chatting [typing while climbing], not only that, 1-2 people having a private MSG chat while in the group... it is sad... only once have I ever stated my concerns to one other, reason was... it was a Hardcore climb where actions mean a shitload.... :rofl: I think I will End Rant here... getting hot under the collar... basically... it happens on BOTH cores.

Quote (lxxgatmanxxl @ Sep 18 2014 02:07pm)
e/ sorry to jack your thread rex. I shouldnt even be posting in here I wouldn't know the differences between either core really.

All good Kevin... or is it Ally? :D

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 17 2014 08:14pm
Gold: 0.70
Sep 17 2014 08:07pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 08:56pm)
Well Im just saying what I think about both cores and what the difference is.
I know hc players are going to take offense when im saying they are worse clickers lol.
But sadly theres too few ppl on hc to make "gg pub runs" today.
I believe our fastest g/o run on hc was ~1.20-1.25ish somewhere cant remember. But that was with 1 mans gear.
Only 1 person in our guild have gear, and he have enough gear to gear 5 of us.
2-3 ppl will have good sets, while the other 2 will have mediocre and still we make that 1.25 run which isnt bad at all.
So when I climb pub on hc and it takes nearly 2.10 just because ppl want to explore 45+ I rather shoot myself in the leg lol.
My maincore is obv sc so the only reason im doin hc at all is because im either superbored or because we was so close to labby and i wanted us to get to #1 spot faster.

Well, both cores could be alot more fun, if the inactive ppl would just sell their gear lol.
There is so much good gear laying around on old accounts who are never coming back to the site and def not to play.

It's a huge problem imo on HC. With so many sell out threads its not hard to get decent gear but to get the GG stuff is very very hard. Either have to pay an absurd amount to make the seller happy or just never see the item again. That's IF the item is for sale too.

Me personally i'm one of those people who would rather explore at 45+ in hopes to finding some tds / eps and finding some good gear.
Everyone doesn't have great sets and would rather spend the extra time slashing with the false hope that they'd get some GG piece

e/ sorry to jack your thread rex. I shouldnt even be posting in here I wouldn't know the differences between either core really.

This post was edited by lxxgatmanxxl on Sep 17 2014 08:07pm
Members++
Sep 17 2014 08:14pm
Well the thing is that we dont die while we have our tank on 50-60vit tanking shamans on lvl 70
and we're doin better group dmg + abilities like multi and maybe some rowabiltiy for cleaning waves faster.

Like having 1 person with just 3x 1hit abilities i'd kick him from my group lol. He would slow us down terrible lol :D

Theres a HUGE different on playstyles when you play solo compared to group thou.

When i solo i only stat salvation. I dont want any dmg abilties because i want as many actions as posible to gain more prof.
Im not playing solo to kill monsters for drops, I want the prof!

If im casting solo i would go ~50vit MAX and rest into int.
ATM I melee my warlock and I will stat 80vit because i wont have as much int since I wont use casting gear, so my heals with salvation is going to be worse
but I will only need to town once every fifth level when i hit like 3-4x 3ep waves on same level. I never need to go to town to heal or reg at all.

Im using my level 20 robe with 60 dex to mq (NO EE AT ALL)
Members++
Sep 17 2014 08:22pm
Quote (lxxgatmanxxl @ 18 Sep 2014 04:07)
It's a huge problem imo on HC. With so many sell out threads its not hard to get decent gear but to get the GG stuff is very very hard. Either have to pay an absurd amount to make the seller happy or just never see the item again. That's IF the item is for sale too.

Me personally i'm one of those people who would rather explore at 45+ in hopes to finding some tds / eps and finding some good gear.
Everyone doesn't have great sets and would rather spend the extra time slashing with the false hope that they'd get some GG piece

I agreed, but ppl want back what they paid and today those numbers for that kind of gear is ridiculous!
But some of that gear might be worth overpaying for. Its up to each on of us what we value the items at.
And how much we value to play with good gear or mediocre gear. We also have different idea about what decent gear is.
For me 150ee on mq is not close to be decent. It would be a dream to have for some others on here.

But its hard to make fg on this game, and therefor the reason we have so low amount of players.
People are going to play PoE to make fg just to feed the addiction they have on here.
And if they are anywhat decent players on PoE and know how to farm they can make ~50k fg in 2-3weeks of time.

And even if you made 50k fg in 2months of playing PoE that would help you so much to get better gear and it would also make you a better clicker and you yourself would enjoy the game so much more because you would see a difference.
Gold: 119,903.34
Sep 17 2014 08:38pm
The only reason hardcore is better is double GP when MQing.

With people with gear and clicking, a time under 1:30 could be easily attained. I've done 1:30 ish multiple times in just groups put together with mix of silence and others.

The only real differences is one, people stack more vita and most of the time, you are healed to remain above 75%.

Hardcore is simply better due to double gp gain. Softcore people have to put in twice the effort to obtain the same amount of GPs.

It's irrelevant anyways, most deaths on hardcore are attributed to lag to begin with. And especially now. Back in the day there was some risk to die solo welling because you could get unlucky and put in an item and get hit for 1.5k+ 2 times in a row. Edball actually died on one of his character because he put in a 55 longsword to well and got 1 hit ko'd by the well boss.

As far as grouping, when I stopped playing in March, I was actually dragging along some players who had no gear whatsoever, can't remember his name but I just made him tank and stat 100 vita and the casters in the climb keep him healed. That's how easy the game is at least when you have decent gear. And if I played again, I wouldn't mind carrying people as long as they clicked and showed the ability to take advice and actually make an effort to get better.

It's really pointless honestly, hardcore has less gear, the good gear is rotting because most of the hardcore playerbase no longer plays. And even then nobody is really playing that much. Except Silence because they are the kings of this game and are the greatest guild. People think labby and UA are good but they are dogshit compared to Silence.

That said, I would never play softcore. There's literally no point for me to do so. New players coming to this game starting HC, road won't be easy for them.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll