d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Is There A Difference In Cores & Gameplay? > Not Game Mechanics
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,203.66
Sep 17 2014 08:41pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 09:14pm)
Well the thing is that we dont die while we have our tank on 50-60vit tanking shamans on lvl 70
and we're doin better group dmg + abilities like multi and maybe some rowabiltiy for cleaning waves faster.

Like having 1 person with just 3x 1hit abilities i'd kick him from my group lol. He would slow us down terrible lol :D

Theres a HUGE different on playstyles when you play solo compared to group thou.

When i solo i only stat salvation. I dont want any dmg abilties because i want as many actions as posible to gain more prof.
Im not playing solo to kill monsters for drops, I want the prof!

If im casting solo i would go ~50vit MAX and rest into int.
ATM I melee my  warlock and I will stat 80vit because i wont have as much int since I wont use casting gear, so my heals with salvation is going to be worse
but I will only need to town once every fifth level when i hit like 3-4x 3ep waves on same level. I never need to go to town to heal or reg at all.

Im using my level 20 robe with 60 dex to mq (NO EE AT ALL)

Hey das me tooooo. Salvation and either double strike or double cast to clear faster. I hate towning to shrine/regen. I much rather it take an extra hit to kill a monster since I don't have a damage ability ready than having to go to town, because I'll atleast be earning some more prof.
Gold: 119,903.34
Sep 17 2014 08:43pm
Quote (BrunoMars @ Sep 17 2014 09:41pm)
Hey das me tooooo. Salvation and either double strike or double cast to clear faster. I hate towning to shrine/regen. I much rather it take an extra hit to kill a monster since I don't have a damage ability ready than having to go to town, because I'll atleast be earning some more prof.

Profoholics?

Do we need to make a support group?

End this addiction!
Gold: 7,203.66
Sep 17 2014 08:45pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Sep 17 2014 09:43pm)
Profoholics?

Do we need to make a support group?

End this addiction!

:drool:
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 17 2014 08:50pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 18 2014 02:14pm)
Well the thing is that we dont die while we have our tank on 50-60vit tanking shamans on lvl 70
and we're doin better group dmg + abilities like multi and maybe some rowabiltiy for cleaning waves faster.

Like having 1 person with just 3x 1hit abilities i'd kick him from my group lol. He would slow us down terrible lol :D

Edited the other points and we both know why... solo'ing is a different scenario... and as for your overspawn lvl 20... dang you... even my 54 dex robe [lvl55] on hardcore has NOT once ever been used by me, and I found that around 2 years ago... that is the difference with HC / SC, preservation of character life and items come first [well for me it is, not speed and if I die... 99% is because of my carelessness].

EXCELLENT post, it points out the difference between attitudes and possible builds for farming between cores. How would you change the group setup IF [optimum word "IF"];
1. Multistrike was not available until you unlocked Samurai? [should be a Ninja ability to be honest]
2. Multicast was not available until you unlocked Warlock?

Basically the dynamics of group runs would change drastically, this is what I would love to see... basically, if ladder resets, and you only have feeder classes, the only abilities you have acces to is Feeder [totally ignore unlocked character abilities], when you unlock each character, then another three abilities are unlocked and usable to that character. Anyway, I was going to post a suggestion about this... and also make Multistrike available when you unlock Ninja, create a new ability for Samurai that is not so overpowering and also remove the access until unlocked.

Sorry... got off topic... :D oh well... I personally would love to see a character specifically built for hunting Shamans, 1 out of 5 is great to have, not only that, since this objective can be enabled with 3 people... that build would do so great in those circumstances.

Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Sep 18 2014 02:38pm)
The only reason hardcore is better is double GP when MQing.

With people with gear and clicking, a time under 1:30 could be easily attained. I've done 1:30 ish multiple times in just groups put together with mix of silence and others.

The only real differences is one, people stack more vita and most of the time, you are healed to remain above 75%.

Hardcore is simply better due to double gp gain. Softcore people have to put in twice the effort to obtain the same amount of GPs.

It's irrelevant anyways, most deaths on hardcore are attributed to lag to begin with.  And especially now. Back in the day there was some risk to die solo welling because you could get unlucky and put in an item and get hit for 1.5k+ 2 times in a row. Edball actually died on one of his character because he put in a 55 longsword to well and got 1 hit ko'd by the well boss.

As far as grouping, when I stopped playing in March, I was actually dragging along some players who had no gear whatsoever, can't remember his name but I just made him tank and stat 100 vita and the casters in the climb keep him healed. That's how easy the game is at least when you have decent gear. And if I played again, I wouldn't mind carrying people as long as they clicked and showed the ability to take advice and actually make an effort to get better.

It's really pointless honestly, hardcore has less gear, the good gear is rotting because most of the hardcore playerbase no longer plays. And even then nobody is really playing that much. Except Silence because they are the kings of this game and are the greatest guild. People think labby and UA are good but they are dogshit compared to Silence.

That said, I would never play softcore. There's literally no point for me to do so. New players coming to this game starting HC, road won't be easy for them.

Again... EXCELLENT points.

Oh, and it was me... :rofl: most probably me, but all good.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 17 2014 09:01pm
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Sep 17 2014 09:11pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 18 Sep 2014 04:38)
People think labby and UA are good but they are dogshit compared to Silence. .

lol'd, what do you even base that on ? xD

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Sep 17 2014 09:33pm
Gold: 52,443.89
Sep 17 2014 09:36pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 11:11pm)

Better name obviously

You could make some FG on LS if you sold me one of them rods your hardcore guy is stashing

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Sep 17 2014 09:38pm
Gold: 119,903.34
Sep 17 2014 11:49pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 10:11pm)

They're just the best. It's that simple.
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 17 2014 11:59pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Sep 18 2014 05:49pm)

They are great, they keep to themselves, they do what is necessary to play the game without posting anything on JSP / LS Community,
Stormie is always muting and ignoring the BS here on LS, this also goes for Datis, they both will join up and help each other during runs,
only a few members will post here on the LS forum... Silence lives upto their name, they keep it in house without anyone knowing what
is going on... and the runs they do, they do as a team... organised and they trust each other enough to not grab items unless monsters
are killed and before engaging.

Stormie is only 1 person that I have talked to on vent from Silence... great guy... doesn't need to post any thing at all, just skill up and
play the game to what he believes is good for him... and alot of the rest of the guildies have taken his stance... which is fvcking gr8.

Datis is likeminded, if it is not worth posting, then don't... as for me... everything is worth posting... that is because 25% of the time I post,
I have been drinking and think my suggestions are so great... know one will tell me otherwise... :rofl: mao
Gold: 91,679.46
Sep 18 2014 01:54am
I've met good and bad people on both cores, although I can say HC players were more willing to let me join them with my Charsi gear than when I was new on SC. Player base is surely a factor.

I stat more vita on HC to avoid the disconnect rip. Guess that falls under mechanics.

The HC marketplace and forum has far less items available at any given time for obvious reasons. Still depressing.

I skill on my main because I'm a kirby rand, although I've started climbing other toons. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I'm thirsty, where's Rick/Rex with my frosty drinks?

This post was edited by jlhromeo on Sep 18 2014 01:55am
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Sep 18 2014 10:51am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 18 Sep 2014 07:49)

In what ways are they better?
Im not trying to be a bitch saying that they arent good or something but best? idk
I do agree on that stormie is one of the most dedicated clickers around!

but yeah ^^,
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll