d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > The Decline Of The Ls Population
Prev11314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.00
Sep 12 2014 01:31pm
Quote (Dante @ Sep 12 2014 02:27pm)
why has it taken such a ridicolous turn? i've already talked to powertripped and we're okay, no need to discuss this any further
usually most people we play with follow that ""rule"" to kill EPs (normal mobs don't relaly matter) before picking to let the healer grab aswell
i'm not mad at all, after all, powertripped even offered giving it to us but nah that's just pointless

speaking of butthurt...

lol butthurt of what u not getting the item DAMN YA GOT ME :bonk:
Gold: 8,723.98
Sep 12 2014 01:35pm
Quote (Paparick @ Sep 13 2014 07:28am)
All right  cool off the hot rhetoric before flames happen and I have to bring out my extinguisher

I am :rofl: with my comment... not getting out of line am I? :P

EDIT:

Quote (Dante @ Sep 13 2014 07:27am)
why has it taken such a ridicolous turn? i've already talked to powertripped and we're okay, no need to discuss this any further etc

My comment was not in reference to your run, nor Powertripped... he is a decent person afterall. I was re-iterating that it is common practice on HC.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 12 2014 01:55pm
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 12 2014 07:39pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 11 2014 10:22pm)
Ladderslasher was redesigned to be a team game. Not competitive. Yet it has a competitive drop system that simply randomly assigns loot. It's nearly impossible to self-find a "good" set. Soloing is retarded, so you're at the mercy of "who's online right when I want to play?!!" MQs need to be done in bulk if you ever wish to experience higher classes, which indicates the speed of a group climb is required, but if you have neither the time nor desire to dedicate anywhere from an hour and a half to 4 hours for a solid climb, don't bother, you'll just get shunned.

Effectively, by orienting the game so solidly towards group play, yet making it nearly impossible to gear up based off that work, then turning crafting into the task of years, the game became more of a curiosity than anything else. Clean coding, playable on computers decades old, excellent forum communty/support, with hints of nostalgia style games remaining even now. Yet with a broken economy, game mechanics that seem geared more to nerf than to assist, and a reliance on group play whether that's convenient or not, the game became less "fun" and more "work".

Why is the population dwindling? It's too much work to maintain this game in the playlist, and not that much fun. What could be done to bring it back to a level it was in the past? I quite frankly don't know, because at this point, it'd have to be pretty massive to make me wish to return. :)

I'mma quote this. While the troll session was interesting, it didn't add much. Is this a "who can win the troll-war" contest or a "cause of the decline of the LS population and what can be done to minimize it topic?" Try not to get it locked based on your petty squabbles. Input real material that either informs on why you aren't playing when you used to play too much, or what is preventing others you associate with from playing even though they once did/would.

Good grief people. When did I become the reasonable one?
Gold: 32,090.31
Sep 13 2014 12:21pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Sep 12 2014 09:39pm)
I'mma quote this. While the troll session was interesting, it didn't add much. Is this a "who can win the troll-war" contest or a "cause of the decline of the LS population and what can be done to minimize it topic?" Try not to get it locked based on your petty squabbles. Input real material that either informs on why you aren't playing when you used to play too much, or what is preventing others you associate with from playing even though they once did/would.

Good grief people. When did I become the reasonable one?

I have said this before and I will say it again. I am pretty sure it won't really matter, but I will throw out my thoughts.

I played this game to not really play the game. I would be watching a movie, tv, or playing another game and get a half level or so when I died and was waiting to spawn. This game is nowhere near the level of other games, and that isn't an insult at all. It is just fact.

I loved playing solo and getting an MQ or two while watching a couple of movies on a Saturday.
Gold: 0.70
Sep 17 2014 03:24pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 12 2014 02:25pm)
:rofl: moronic response if I have ever seen one. "ohh, scrap that, this is your standard comment"

In HC we keep group healed above 75-85% life... in SC they don't give a rats ass if they get to 50% life. Your skills as a healer fails for HC... suck it up boy... suck it up.

I won't say much as this thread isn't good for my d2jsp health but you are arguing with a SC mentality player. He's use to amazing gear and such. Its generally a spoken or sometimes unspoken rule in most HC climbs on a big wave EP / ambush / face to wait till all monsters are dead to get drops because it is not fair to the healer. I've known and done this many many times with no problem as I have never been the healer. It's hc for the sake of your group and healers mana bar kill the other monsters first and look at drops later. Wait until there is at least 1 or 2 eps left ffs.

I don't think many would be ballsy enough to comb through drops during a high level ambush/FTE fight.
Gold: 822.44
Trader: Trusted
Sep 17 2014 05:45pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ 12 Sep 2014 00:22)
Ladderslasher was redesigned to be a team game. Not competitive. Yet it has a competitive drop system that simply randomly assigns loot. It's nearly impossible to self-find a "good" set. Soloing is retarded, so you're at the mercy of "who's online right when I want to play?!!" MQs need to be done in bulk if you ever wish to experience higher classes, which indicates the speed of a group climb is required, but if you have neither the time nor desire to dedicate anywhere from an hour and a half to 4 hours for a solid climb, don't bother, you'll just get shunned.

Effectively, by orienting the game so solidly towards group play, yet making it nearly impossible to gear up based off that work, then turning crafting into the task of years, the game became more of a curiosity than anything else. Clean coding, playable on computers decades old, excellent forum communty/support, with hints of nostalgia style games remaining even now. Yet with a broken economy, game mechanics that seem geared more to nerf than to assist, and a reliance on group play whether that's convenient or not, the game became less "fun" and more "work".

Why is the population dwindling? It's too much work to maintain this game in the playlist, and not that much fun. What could be done to bring it back to a level it was in the past? I quite frankly don't know, because at this point, it'd have to be pretty massive to make me wish to return. :)

Well said....
Gold: 1,637.76
Sep 17 2014 07:09pm
The problem with this game is the lack of developers. Paul probably has more important stuff to do than spend time on this game.

I would probably offer my services (to develop) for free (or for some FGs lol) if Paul requested some help.
Sep 17 2014 07:17pm
Quote (NeWbLt123 @ Sep 18 2014 01:09pm)
The problem with this game is the lack of developers. Paul probably has more important stuff to do than spend time on this game.

I would probably offer my services (to develop) for free (or for some FGs lol) if Paul requested some help.

He doesn't need to request it, you can opt to PM him about this directly... whether you get a response is upto him.
I have once in the past done this exact same thing when it came to CS coding for this website... his response was
good, but, he had another person that was working on it.
Gold: 52,443.89
Sep 17 2014 07:30pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 17 2014 09:17pm)
He doesn't need to request it, you can opt to PM him about this directly... whether you get a response is upto him.
I have once in the past done this exact same thing when it came to CS coding for this website... his response was
good, but, he had another person that was working on it.

And on that day a breathe of relief echoed throughout the d2jsp forums. No one knew exactly what happened, but a strong feeling of a disaster being averted was shared amongst the masses.

Thank you Paul... Thank you.
Sep 17 2014 09:36pm
Quote (KakeWalk @ Sep 18 2014 01:30pm)
And on that day a breathe of relief echoed throughout the d2jsp forums. No one knew exactly what happened, but a strong feeling of a disaster being averted was shared amongst the masses.

Thank you Paul... Thank you.

:rofl: I just had to laugh... great post
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev11314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll