Rare focused heal X
Level Req: 35
Heals: 169 to 202
Mana Cost: 77
+194% Enhanced Effect
+6 Strength
Gold: 119,903.34
Sep 11 2014 01:49pm
Not being able to create a set of respectable gear to tackle content and put up great damage by just playing the game itself has been a problem for years.

It's a compounded problem that is affected the the declining playerbase that happened naturally. The removal of Arena/Muting, although Maze Catas and high evils do drop items and if you play a fair bit, you will see good stuff drop, it's still a chance for you to get those items so RNG is heavily put up against you.

Magic Luck doesn't appear to have effects that would warrant speccing into that type of gear. So people pretty much have to pray for drops within the game.

As far as value of items deteriotating because a loot system is put in place that would make more powerful items more accessible. It's flawed to think that this negatively affects you. If anything the people who have crazy gear, it just means you will find more shit. Give more options with tackling content.

Because I"m fairly certain with the extra MQ points granted at level 101, Paul intends to maybe evolve his game beyond 1-71 as fast as you can and MQ.

It most likely people would be upset their items lose value because they actually spent real money on the game. Some people a lot more than others. But that shouldn't be a hindering factor in anything. I think unspawns should remain in their current state as the legacy and overall place they have in the game is worth it because of what they mean for the game. It's a snapshot of the beginning. It has negatives but they are nice to see.

Most people did quit because Muting/Arena was taken away but there was still a good 100 or so slashers that played daily after that. I mainly stopped playing for 2 years because I had got to Alchemist and had like 350 MQs on my character or something. There was no longer any sense of fulfillment of climbing Alchemist in catacombs and going to the doors. And I started playing League of Legends so naturally there was no drive.

But I can tell you one thing that would probably spike my interest and that's increased loot drops or maybe even new types of loot that is actually strong and powerful. I'm fairly certain such changes would bring some people back and a loot system that is good for new players could actually keep them in the game. I've always felt that was the biggest problem with this game. The game isn't welcoming to people who start. You can't play the game and flourish from playing the game within itself. You have to obtain forum gold through other means, which means playing other games to make fg, straight up buying it or in a few others cases playing poker for fg. That's just not going to be attractive for new players and there's very little chance of keeping them there to play the game.

Quote (PowerTripped @ Sep 11 2014 02:45pm)
While you guys are crying this just dropped in hc t4t

Rare focused heal X
+194% Enhanced Effect
+6 Strength

And someone could see many of those items and only have a 1/5 chance of getting it.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Sep 11 2014 01:50pm
Gold: 1,470.74
Sep 11 2014 01:51pm
20% better than 0% imo

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Sep 11 2014 01:52pm
Gold: 3,828.35
Sep 11 2014 03:27pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Sep 12 2014 07:49am)
But I can tell you one thing that would probably spike my interest and that's increased loot drops or maybe even new types of loot that is actually strong and powerful. I'm fairly certain such changes would bring some people back and a loot system that is good for new players could actually keep them in the game. I've always felt that was the biggest problem with this game. The game isn't welcoming to people who start. You can't play the game and flourish from playing the game within itself. You have to obtain forum gold through other means, which means playing other games to make fg, straight up buying it or in a few others cases playing poker for fg. That's just not going to be attractive for new players and there's very little chance of keeping them there to play the game.

And someone could see many of those items and only have a 1/5 chance of getting it.

Before the introduction of Masteries and nerf to Heal Mastery, I use to team up with Datis and other people to make a full group 1-71 [using the bridging system was great]... THE BEST part was actually being on Vent and we ALL voted what type of item we would pick up [randomly pick 1 per person upto 3 items]... example:

Code
Datis / Matt / Mike / Lance / Rex
1. Focus Wild Dagger Staves Heavy Weapons
2. Chain Scales Leather P/Robes Plate
3. Earth Rods Axe Robes Wind

This means whites as well as modded... anything else not selected was up for grabs, yes, Heavy weapons seems unfair, but they are rare compared to anything else that drops... it was great and a fair way to deal with drops... if this could be added to LS, maybe it would be advantageous to encourage more people to game... it would have to be toggled on/off for those that want to just play normally with grabbing drops, and it should recognise to change order of who picks first for 2nd item selection [so one person can not pick best items Axe/Dagger/Scales], anyway, if not incorporated, it does not mean that other people can't put it to practice in their own group runs... maybe some do... not sure. And, maybe have selection of 5 items instead of 3.
Gold: 6,376.70
Sep 11 2014 11:22pm
Ladderslasher was redesigned to be a team game. Not competitive. Yet it has a competitive drop system that simply randomly assigns loot. It's nearly impossible to self-find a "good" set. Soloing is retarded, so you're at the mercy of "who's online right when I want to play?!!" MQs need to be done in bulk if you ever wish to experience higher classes, which indicates the speed of a group climb is required, but if you have neither the time nor desire to dedicate anywhere from an hour and a half to 4 hours for a solid climb, don't bother, you'll just get shunned.

Effectively, by orienting the game so solidly towards group play, yet making it nearly impossible to gear up based off that work, then turning crafting into the task of years, the game became more of a curiosity than anything else. Clean coding, playable on computers decades old, excellent forum communty/support, with hints of nostalgia style games remaining even now. Yet with a broken economy, game mechanics that seem geared more to nerf than to assist, and a reliance on group play whether that's convenient or not, the game became less "fun" and more "work".

Why is the population dwindling? It's too much work to maintain this game in the playlist, and not that much fun. What could be done to bring it back to a level it was in the past? I quite frankly don't know, because at this point, it'd have to be pretty massive to make me wish to return. :)

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Sep 11 2014 11:24pm
Gold: 146.91
Sep 12 2014 05:40am
Quote (SCXiao @ Sep 11 2014 12:09am)
If once a month Paul could take two minutes to post an update on how the LS development is going, his plans for the next patch, response to suggestion topics or just show us that he still cares I think people would calm down a ton and be more patient.

He released 1.29 , communicated with the community for some feedback, changed up a few things and fixed a few bugs, and we haven't heard from him since (and this was over 7 months ago)

It's not enough to say that you still care, sometimes you have to show it

e; and no, private PM conversations with Rick don't count unfortunately...

100% agree would love this to happen!
Gold: 105,555.55
Sep 12 2014 08:40am
Quote (PowerTripped @ 11 Sep 2014 20:45)
While you guys are crying this just dropped in hc t4t

Rare focused heal X
+194% Enhanced Effect
+6 Strength

Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 11 Sep 2014 20:49)

actually I was one of the 4 other people, along with 3 more silencers and I feel a little disappointed that we were in a big wave of EPs (in HC) and he just went grabbing it, we didn't even look at the drops...

dont get me wrong, powertripped is a good clicker but still I wish we had at least an equal chance to get it

Quote (TiMasse @ 11 Sep 2014 01:47)
afk switching to hc

also saw this and just thought " you'd be more than welcome and happy to play in a hc guild"

This post was edited by Dante on Sep 12 2014 08:45am
Gold: 1,470.74
Sep 12 2014 08:49am
Quote (Dante @ Sep 12 2014 10:40am)
actually I was one of the 4 other people, along with 3 more silencers and I feel a little disappointed that we were in a big wave of EPs (in HC) and he just went grabbing it, we didn't even look at the drops...

dont get me wrong, powertripped is a good clicker but still I wish we had at least an equal chance to get it

Lol? So it's my fault that you didn't take the time to look at drops? Ok cool, nice to know where silence stands. If there's going to be any butt hurt over a dropped item that's free for all to get you can have it or i can shrine it, not that important to me honestly.
Gold: 0.69
Sep 12 2014 08:51am
Quote (Dante @ Sep 12 2014 10:40am)

also saw this and just thought " you'd be more than welcome and happy to play in a hc guild"

That sucks for the drop bro :/

And I would give hc a shot, but I stay in my guild :P
Gold: 105,555.55
Sep 12 2014 08:51am
Quote (PowerTripped @ 12 Sep 2014 15:49)
Lol?  So it's my fault that you didn't take the time to look at drops?  Ok cool, nice to know where silence stands.  If there's going to be any butt hurt over a dropped item that's free for all to get you can have it or i can shrine it, not that important to me honestly.

please don't take silence into this, it's just my thought
do you want the healer ( no matter who it is) to watch drops or to heal our party members?

i didn't intend to offend you, again, I'm probably just used to killing EPs before looking at drops
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1101112131417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll