d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Player Vs Monster W.t Challenge Thread! > Come Have Fun, Compete And Earn Fg!
Prev1808182838485Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Senior Moderator
Gold: 9,175.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 1 2015 01:12pm
:( dang
If you're up for it, I'd love to see a druid :)
Gold: 0.09
Jan 1 2015 02:08pm
This sounds like a lot of fun!
I love doing walkthroughs, and I'm always looking for ways to make it more challenging.
I'll start this challenge with a Druid!

Introducing Pookie

First rare, right off the bat!

Jan 1 2015 02:10pm
Corpsefire failed me

I love these kinds of chests!

Entering the Burial Grounds at level 5
Jan 1 2015 02:11pm
RIP Blood Raven! Cut it really close with the level there :P

Still going! Currently in the underground passage.
Gold: 4.20
Jan 1 2015 03:22pm
So whats the last rules for this, could try this :)
Jan 1 2015 03:27pm
Quote (Rikzu @ Jan 1 2015 04:22pm)
So whats the last rules for this, could try this :)

Read the first post for all rules

Only thing not mentioned in first post is you have to do /players 8

This post was edited by Meepasaur on Jan 1 2015 03:35pm
Jan 1 2015 03:29pm
Where's my rares? :(
I guess I can live with the sword! :P
1/5 uniques

Stats after act 1!
Continuing andy for now until I get 5 uniques ;)

This post was edited by Meepasaur on Jan 1 2015 03:44pm
Senior Moderator
Jan 1 2015 05:43pm
Quote (Textbook @ Oct 16 2014 06:24pm)
Clarified a druid rule :) I am finally back home + got my internet fixed about an hour ago :) !
Again I'd like to thank everyone who helped answer questions in my absence :hug: Thank you very, very much.

Now it's time for me to catch up on peoples progress! :drool:

Fixed baal rules and clarified diablo rules (both for hell)
As always if you are unable to comply with the new rules because you've already past that stage, don't worry about them, just try to adjust for future act(s) :)

Class Restriction
    Amazon - You may not use any Java/bow skills, only passive skills  |OR|  You may use (Jab and Fiend) or (Magic Arrow and Multi) skills, but you may not use valk or decoy.

Assassin - You can only put 3 points into fade. You may not put more than 10 hard points into any skill (exception: Shadow minion of your choice).

Necromancer - Mojomancer (You may only use curses, bone armor, bone wall, and bone prison) You may add 3 points into any golem, 1 point into mastery, and 1 point into resist. You are exempt from any area restrictions that restrict skill usage (for example, you can use level 24 skills in chaos santuary)

Barbarian - You may only put 1 point into any skill in the "masteries" tab. You may not have more than 10 hardpoints into Battle Orders or Shout. You may not put any points into Frenzy. You may not have over 50% block.

Paladin - Auradin (You may not use any combat skills at all). You may not have more than 200 hard points into vitality. You may not have more than 55% block.

Sorceress - You can not put more than 100 hard points into Vitality. You may not have more than 50% block. You may not put more than 8 hard points into Enchant. You may not put more than 6 hard points into Energy Shield. No other restrictions.

Druid - You may only use wolves as summons, with the exception of elemental druids which may also use oak sage (maximum of 5 hard points). You may not have cyclone armor higher than level 10 at anytime (exception: skill shrine). You may not put any points into Rabies. If you are a shape shifter, you may not have more than 150 hard points into Vitality.

Item Restriction
    Treachery Runeword
    Peace Runeword (Exception: If you are a zon who is allowed to use valk)
    Rain Runeword
    Obedience Runeword (This only applies to Mercenaries)
    Stone of Jordan/Frostburn (You may only wear 1 of these items on a sorceress that uses ES [1 stone OR 1 frostburn])
    Infinity Runeword (Only banned for Sorceress's Mercenaries - Forces item to be used as weapon, or to go multiple elements)
    Last Wish Runeword
Thanks for helping me make the restrictions a little more fair (and reminding me about certain items that should be banned).

If anyone else has recommendations (buffs or nerfs) , please send me a pm! Thanks :)

Current Challengers:
ixwichs1 - Congratulations!
tehtwitchy - Congratulations!
Slap_Nutts
Jimcornlive rip
haloneya
bonnerf2 rip
Alone

Wait list (for prizes, you can still make your WT with this challenge if you'd like)
-sepulba22
-ReanimatedHorde

Requirements For Your Walkthrough
Normal
    Act 1
      You must complete Blood Raven before you are level 6. Post a screenshot when you enter the Burial Grounds, and directly after the kill.
      You must kill Andariel until you have received 5 unique drops from her. Take a screenshot of each unique with your stats screen open.
      The last unique you receive from Andariel, you must use through the entirety of act 2. If it's class specific, you may use the 4th unique.
    Act 2
      You may not hire an act 2 normal mercenary until you have reached Kurast Docks.
      You may not use thawing potions while fighting Duriel. Half Freeze Duration/CBF is allowed if you can find it.
    Act 3
      You must complete every quest in Act 3. Screenshot every quest completion.
      When you arrive in Act 3, any stat points you have, or have gained, by not be put in until you reach act 4.
      You must explore the Durance naked (Exception: Weapon). When you reach Durance 3, you may re-equip your items.
    Act 4
      You may not complete the Hell's Forge quest. However, you are required to obtain the hammer. Screenshot the hammer + your stats.
      You must kill Izual with less than 200 total armor. Please screenshot just prior to the fight, and once he is dead. Show your stat screen for both.
      When attempting the Chaos Sanctuary, you may not have above 60 resistance. Take a screenshot as Diablo is dying with your stats screen open.
      You may not move onto act 5 until you have a Perfect Sapphire.
    Act 5
      Upon entering act 5, go to Larzuk and buy one of his armors. This is your new armor for the rest of act 5. Please screenshot the armor while it's still in the store.
      You must open every Evil Urn you see. Screenshots are not needed.
      When Anya gives you an item, you must use it until after you have defeated nightmare Andariel. Screenshot the item and with your stats screen open.
      You may not stack more than 50 potions when attempting the Ancients quest. No screenshot is required, honor system applies.
      If Baal drops a unique, you must sell it to the shop and not use it.
Nightmare - There won't be as many rules now, as things will start to become very hard.
    Act 1
      You may not use any level 18 skills during your time in Act 1 Nightmare. Once you reach Act 2, this rule no longer applies.
      You must find a unique bow anywhere in the Catacombs prior to going to Act 2 (Exception: You may visit act 2 only to quest bug Andy)l. Screenshot this with your stats screen open.
      While fighting Andariel, you may not use antidote potions. Screenshot your fight with Andariel.
    Act 2
      Upon reaching Act 2, you may not buy a mercenary from Act 2 Nightmare until you reach Act 3.
      You must clear the Halls of Dead and find the chest room. Screenshot the cleared chest room with your stats screen showing.
      You may not use thawing potions during your fights with The Summoner or Duriel. Screenshot both fights (one screenshot is sufficient).
    Act 3
      During Act 3 Nightmare, you may not use any runewords. If you have a runeword, you must take it off and find a replacement.
      You may not complete the Golden Bird quest in Act 3 Nightmare, ever.
      You may not use the "Cannot Be Frozen" mod or thawing potions while in Trav.
      During your fight with Mephisto, you must achieve max resistances in Fire and Cold. There are no requirements/rules for poison/light. Please screenshot prior to your Mephisto fight.
      If Mephisto drops any form of boots or gloves from his quest drop, you may re-run him as much as you'd like. However, if he does not drop boots/gloves from his quest drop, you may never re-run Nightmare Mephisto again. Please screenshot the loot from your quest drop Mephisto with your stats screen open.
    Act 4
      You may not use a shield in Act 4. The only exception is when you fight Izual.
      You may not use the "Cannon Be Frozen" mod or thawing potions against Izual. (You may use half freeze duration)
      You may complete the Hell Forge on this difficulty. (Added for so there isn't any confusion).
      When in the Chaos Sanctuary, you may not use any level 24 skills. You may not have above 60 in any resistance.
    Act 5
      In Act 5 Nightmare, you may not do any re-runs intentionally.
      The item that Anya gives you, you must use until you have defeated Hell Andariel. Please screenshot the item.
      From the time Baal starts summoning until the time he enters his portal, you may not go back to town for any reason. You may not drop potions in prepration for this either.
      If Baal drops:
        A set item: You may re-run Baal up to 5 additional times.
        A unique weapon: You may re-run Baal up to additional 3 times.
        A unique helm: You may re-run Baal up to 7 additional times.
        A unique Ring/Ammy: You may re-run Baal as many times as you wish.
        More than 2 rares: You may not re-run NM Baal ever again. This trumps all previous drop rules.
        More than 2 magic items: You must use those magic items until you defeat Hell Andariel. It will replace an Anya item if applicable.
Hell
    Act 1
      You must fight Blood Raven with a bow. Screenshot before and after with stats screen.
      You may not use antidote potions during your fight with Andariel. Screenshot during the battle is a requirement.
      If you wish to re-run Andy, you may quest bug her. However, any re-runs of Hell Andariel must be done without antidote potions or rejuv potions.
    Act 2
      You may not use thawing potions or "Cannon Be Frozen" mod during your fight with The Summoner or Duriel. Please screenshot during both battles.
    Act 3
      The first rare item you find in Act 3, will be the item you have to use in your fight against Mephisto. If it's class specific and not your class, you may use the 2nd rare.
      You may not use thawing potions or "Cannot Be Frozen" mod during your time in Trav.
    Act 4
      Once you start Diablo, you may not go back to town. You may drop potions to prepare for the battle. Bring a tome of identify or a few scrolls.
      When Diablo dies, you must replace all of your gear with his drops (dropping your own gear on the ground and leaving the game). This is your new gear until you kill Shenk in Act 5. (I recommend not bringing your best gear to fight Diablo ;) Good luck)
    Act 5
      When you start Anya's quest, you must not wear any armor (body armor) until you save her. You may also note use any thawing potions until you save her (You may use cannot be frozen mod). Please take screenshots occasionally during this adventure.
      When you fight the Ancients, you may not drop more than 60 potions on the ground. Any potions are allowed. Please screenshot the potions on the ground prior to starting with your stats screen open.
      Baal
        All barbarian buffs are not allowed (including CTA)
        Life tap is not allowed for melee characters (If youre a mojo and using life tap, this is acceptable however)
        Static field is banned
        You may not use CBF or thawing potions (You may use half freeze duration)
        Once baal starts summoning minions, you may not go back to town/WSK until Baal is dead.
        Sorb items are allowed VS minions, but not on baal - so bring a switch if youre using sorb.
        You may not drop potions prior to engaging baals minions. Find potion skill is banned while in Throne room.
        Assassins may not use Death Sentry while in the Throne room.
        You must fight the minions with "Weapon Switch 1" only, and fight baal with "Weapon Switch 2" only. You may not change the order of the weapon(s)/shield to bypass this rule.
        Pre-buffing is not allowed (Energy shield, holy shield, etc)
        Lastly, if baal drops any of the following: Zod rune, Cham Rune, Tyraels Might, Windforce
        You will earn a special prize (separate from the 50fg for first item found if applicable) :)
World Events (Diablo Clone, Uber Tristram)
    Diablo Clone
      Amazon: No additional rules.
      Assassin: You may not use Fade or Venom during the fight.
      Necromancer: No additional rules.
      Barbarian: You may not use any uniques during your fight with D Clone. You may only use one modifier between the following (Open Wounds, Crushing Blow, Deadly Strike)
      Paladin: You may not use resist fire or salvation during the fight. You may not use any crafted items during the fight.
      Sorceress: No additional rules.
      Druid: You may only use one modifier between the following (Open Wounds, Crushing Blow, Deadly Strike)
    Uber Tristram
      There are no restrictions here, except for barbarians and assassins.
      Assassin: You may use Fade, but you may not prebuff it.
      Barbarian: You may not use full rejuvs during the fight.

Heres the rules again ;)
Gold: 5,495.69
Jan 7 2015 05:01pm
Hey ho. Long story short I made it to hell :)

And not much further :lol:

I think I will give your rules one last crakc of the whip. Maybe an ele druid this time (they were always my fav char)
Senior Moderator
Jan 7 2015 08:45pm
Quote (bonnerf2 @ Jan 7 2015 06:01pm)
Hey ho. Long story short I made it to hell :)
http://i.imgur.com/K6em8vN.jpg

And not much further :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/KYB9Mja.jpg

I think I will give your rules one last crakc of the whip. Maybe an ele druid this time (they were always my fav char)

fire enchanted? :(

Not to worry, I plan on having a new challenge at the start of next month :) :thumbsup:
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1808182838485Next
Closed New Topic New Poll